Please welcome NikeTalk's newest moderator: Kdwallace

^
roll.gif
goukiteg:
NT is ruthless.

Now I understand why Ska will never post his picture.
Exactly.
laugh.gif

Thank you.
laugh.gif
Every time I see someone post their picture, I just think 'You are seriously throwing the dice right now, man. Good luck!'
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

LOL 23ska, I post my pic and think the same thing sometimes, but I figure im not on here actin a fool or doing anything on NT to jeopardize my "real" life

Rushed for 305 yards and three touchdowns on 94 carries over the last two seasons at Central Florida Also caught seven passes for 89 yards His top season came in XXXX, when he carried 65 times for 227 yards and two scores Prior to his time at Central Florida A XXXX graduate of St. Francis Prep. High School in Queens, N.Y., where he played for coach Vince O'Connor Rushed for over 1,800 yards and 25 touchdowns during his senior season at SFP Named a High school All-American by Blue-Chip Illustrated, Unanimous All State selection, in addition to being selected Queens County Player of the Year.

congrats. seriously though, i had lasix about 5 years ago. my eyesight isn't as sharp as it was in the first year following my surgery. is this common? (i work in front of a computer all day)
4L8O15S16T23!42​

^ kevin1st, how old are you? I don't know much about Lasix, but I know my eyesight changed when I was about 20 years old.

Quote:
kdwallace
eyes.gif
Featherweight.

j/k.... Congrats to kdwallace. I wanna pay you off like I paid off 23ska. It's always good to have someone working for you on the inside.

Quote:
Now I understand why Ska will never post his picture.
:wow:
eek.gif
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
Me fail english? Thats unpossible. ~Ralph Wiggum
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

Since this was allegedly a "welcome the new moderator" post, I will say Congratulations.

Also, it is ironic that the first reply was from KMD. That amused me.

Unfortunately, the good will of this post is overshadowed (at least, for me) by the unnecessary harshness directed towards a completely different person.

The majority of posts in this thread are not in the spirit of good will, but rather poking fun at someone who seems to have left the board.

I am totally disappointed.

Kdwallace, I apologize for the way this thread has taken on a negative tone. On behalf of any fellow NT'ers who do not appreciate being "e-bullied," I feel bad.

Naturally, I expect to be "flamed" for saying what's on my mind, but, so be it. I can take good natured teasing (after all, I've done my share of it in regards to RyanKMDizzle's infamous mod quests) but this post has already gone beyond good-natured teasing.

Okay, I will stop now. I've probably said more than I should have.

*sigh* |I
tired.gif
~~~

Team Minnesota​

Quote:
you should become a mod man.
Toy Collector123
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
Me fail english? Thats unpossible. ~Ralph Wiggum
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

Quote:
Method Man, is a NTer nominated for this position in a once-in-a-year basis?

No, it's done as needed.

The staff, as most everyone here knows, consists entirely of volunteers and, as such, it's constantly fluctuating. You may remember that we appointed a whopping 9 new staff members a couple years ago. That draft class consisted of kingcrux, rockdeep, air ant, steez, air elijah, dmxfury, ijapino, 3canada, and atar1. Most of those names can be seen just about every day, some make cameo appearances here and there, and a couple of them are pretty much MIA.

We have maybe 40 mods and admins on staff, but of those only about 15-20 are part of what could be considered our active core. Don't go guessing which ones are which, you'll hurt feelings and I'll deny everything.

Anyone's life can change in an instant. Our mods aren't high school students, they're grown men and women and each one has their own personal and professional lives to attend to. Then, too, there's the changing nature of NikeTalk itself. There's a delicate balance between the rate of growth the board is experiencing and the appropriate rate of growth for the staff. You need to have enough staff members to keep up with the site and maintain the desired atmosphere, but you don't want too many chefs in the kitchen, either.

We add to the staff whenever we feel that a need exists and we're confident in the character and commitment potential for a specific candidate or set of candidates.

This community is full of the sort of rational, levelheaded, and intelligent people who'd be an asset to any organization, but if you're going to take a gamble on someone obviously you'd like it to be a person who's in it for the long haul, who's primarily concerned with the wellbeing of the community, who has a strong ethical commitment, and who's willing to work for free and take our abuse with good humor.

The guys who want a mod position for the e-fame they think it'll bring are the least promising candidates. A mod is a person who cares more about the community than about what the community thinks of them. A mod has to make the unpopular decision and lock the thread with the bootleg CDs and fake pizza coupons. They're the ones who have to ban the idiots who ruin every PYP thread with childish jokes. It's not fun, it's work: unflattering and uncompensated work.

You have to look for someone who cares more about the collective than themselves, and that's pretty rare. Otherwise, you wind up appointing somebody who'll go on a banning spree every time they're feeling bored or their team loses. (incidentally, this is why we tend not to appoint Knicks fans)

Quote:
i missed the mod draft??

Be like Gil Arenas and use it as motivation. Be the guy who's putting in work at 3am, clicking that Report button.

Or not.

Quote:
Kevin is not amused by your incisive references to the American political system!

The guy is notorious for his "Reign of Callaghan" bumper stickers and Margaret Thatcher knickers. Bloody hell.
get.

British parliament references = Dennis Miller Ratio.

I can post a NES game reference and risk having it go over 90% of readers' heads these days.

Quote:
Unfortunately, the good will of this post is overshadowed (at least, for me) by the unnecessary harshness directed towards a completely different person.

I think you may be taking it a bit too seriously. My 'bsp' comment wasn't meant to be hurtful, it's just good natured ribbing for our erstwhile colleague. I see a few laughing emoticons and the like, nothing that would really qualify as a personal attack.

Am i the only one who has never heard of him?
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
M Kobe V Bryant P​

Quote:
Be like Gil Arenas and use it as motivation. Be the guy who's putting in work at 3am, clicking that Report button.
:rofl:
roll.gif
TEAM FINANCE​
No one ever got rich working​

congrats

I noticed KMD always shows up in a new mod thread. I think he's praying KD backs out so he might have a chance.
"there's no replacement for displacement"

I really thought I had a shot this time :smh:
smh.gif

Congrats kd

:pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

Congratulations to kdwallace

TEAM WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Biedrins - Cabarkapa - Davis - Ellis - Foyle - Harrington - Jackson - Jasikevicius - O'Bryant - Pietrus - Powell - Richardson

Congrats.

Quote:
(incidentally, this is why we tend not to appoint Knicks fans)

laugh.gif

Team POOP​
"Where Number 2 Is Always Better Than Number 1"​
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
Anthony, Blake, Camby, Diawara, Evans, Iverson, Johnson, Kleiza, Martin, Najera, Nen, Sampson, Smith​

Meth:
You have to look for someone who cares more about the collective than themselves, and that's pretty rare. Otherwise, you wind up appointing somebody who'll go on a banning spree every time they're feeling bored or their team loses. (incidentally, this is why we tend not to appoint Knicks fans)
laugh.gif
Zing!
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

Quote:
(incidentally, this is why we tend not to appoint Knicks fans)
2hfhqp2.gif
I find that very FUNNY.. oh and CONGRATSNIKE... PLEASE make the DUNK LOW"BLOOD DIAMOND"may be a HOAX but it's a PERFECT CONCEPT, a GREAT COLORWAY and GREAT SHOE to release,YES that is the SHOE in my avy..CLICK the link to see my ENTIRE SNEAK collectionnew.photos.yahoo.com/cedmanofsteele05"your style is as WHACK and FAKE as that one Rapper dude THE GAME"www.myspace.com/vidasman

Thanks guys. Clocking in for my first full day at 5:30am EST.

Quote:
congrats. seriously though, i had lasix about 5 years ago. my eyesight isn't as sharp as it was in the first year following my surgery. is this common? (i work in front of a computer all day)
TEAM SINISTER

Shopping at The Leftorium since 1977.

Quote:
Otherwise, you wind up appointing somebody who'll go on a banning spree every time they're feeling bored or their team loses. (incidentally, this is why we tend not to appoint Knicks fans)
4L8O15S16T23!42
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS
Team DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch
"Toby Flenderson is everything that is wrong with the paper industry."​

Back
Top Bottom