Police Appreciation Thread

I lived there for most of my life but now I'm in Rhode Island and still haven't had any issues. I've traveled all around the country and never had an issue. I think most of the issues people have with cops are self imposed, its just easier to blame the cops.

Stop it G...I've been harassed multiple time for no reason by the pigs. Congrats to you guys with positive encounter with pigs, but I've never seen anything good outta them. Except out of movies.

Last edited:
before it was cops only pick on black people

now its too many black people to get picked on :lol:
The arguments are just getting more and more ridiculous. Next is cops only hate dark skinned black dudes

Last edited:
Nope. I respect individual police officers but will never appreciate, nor give The Police the benefit of the doubt in any situation. 

1. Driving to my bf house on my 17th bday pulled over bc my car fit the description of a known drug dealer vehicle(Chevy caprice). I was then asked to step out the car while they search my car and me.

2. Walking Dribbling my basketball going to my gma house, walking through a pricey neighborhood. I was then stopped in a busy intersection by 3 cop cars, saying they got a couple calls of me walking in multiple people yards looking through their windows. Was handcuffed in this major intersection at the age of 13.

3. In college walking to the local 7 11 with some teammates in our basketball sweatsuits, we were stopped and handcuffed bc we fit the description of people break&entering. Mind you we all have on royal blue track suits.

4. Around 10, was stopped and pressed out about what am i doing in this neighborhood, and was told I know I don't belong here.

Man I got a bunch of stories f them clowns.

Last edited:
They're appreciated when they're actually doing right and upholding the law, and vilified [for good reason] when they're not. I also dated one, to keep it short, it was rough sometimes.

The arguments are just getting more and more ridiculous. Next is cops only hate dark skinned black dudes
More and more ridiculous?

So in a city literally FULL of black people, that wouldn't drastically lessen the odds of being harassed by an op?

All of the cops I've had encounters with were megalomaniac power tripping jerks.

I feel like most cops don't do it to serve and protect, they do it to feed their egos and probably make up for some experiences in youth where they were the weakling.

All of the cops I've had encounters with were megalomaniac power tripping jerks.
I feel like most cops don't do it to serve and protect, they do it to feed their egos and probably make up for some experiences in youth where they were the weakling.

Funny thing is this is far from the truth, on top of that, they have a lot of ex-military.

They do have ego's, and a lot of them are Alpha's, so bunch of Beta's in this thread with their jimmies rustled.

Truth is if you are respectful even when wrongfully "accused" or pulled over in your eyes, they'll leave you alone. Any whiff of attitude, you're just making your day longer. *shrug*

Funny thing is this is far from the truth, on top of that, they have a lot of ex-military.

They do have ego's, and a lot of them are Alpha's, so bunch of Beta's in this thread with their jimmies rustled.

Truth is if you are respectful even when wrongfully "accused" or pulled over in your eyes, they'll leave you alone. Any whiff of attitude, you're just making your day longer. *shrug*

Nope from personally experience, nope that doesn't do **** for me. I've been placed in cuffs, put in back of cars, been searched more times then I can count, but never arrested.

I've been hassled by the same officers when I growing up, I've been cursed and straight up disrespected.

I have found some good ones, but the bad stick out in my mind. Who remembers when the waiter gets your order right? You remember when the waiter is rude.....

While true, that doesn't make me go around hating every waiter I encounter/see or stereotyping based on occupation which is the same as steretyping based on any other factor (i.e. race, creed, sex, religion, etc).

Are there any cops on NT?

I'm about to hit the Academy soon once I finish up with school...

Might make another thread for it

Is that right? Naive fool. 
laugh.gif

That's like me saying my sperm > you and adding a cute smiley. Who cares.

I'm just curious whether or not you really meant the bolded section or were you just trolling. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
You probably "fit the description", deal with it.

Yes I did , don't make yourself a target you won't be one. I understand its tougher for some folks, but some people make situations worse.
You get pulled over the clock is already ticking on the L you're about to take.

You're speaking on something you're ignorant of. 

Yea, I "fit the description", "I've dealt with it" for the better part of three decades.

I don't make myself a target and I certainly don't aggravate the situation. Despite what you might believe, most people who "fit the description" are like me, not peeling off evading the police or whatever preconceived notions you have. 

Honestly I really don't let it affect me much aside from checking the rear view mirror as I drive by a squad car, but I hope you can understand why I might feel inclined to correct some brat from USC when he makes a definitive statement like "treat cops with respect and they'll leave you alone."

some people enjoy their ignorant lives and you'll never convince them the sun isn't always shining and there are bad people in the world for no reason.

not worth debating.

You probably "fit the description", deal with it.

Yes I did , don't make yourself a target you won't be one. I understand its tougher for some folks, but some people make situations worse.
You get pulled over the clock is already ticking on the L you're about to take.

Well its hard for some of us to stop being black/latino males, but we'll work on it chief.

Its obviously you're just play devils advocate for the sake of doing it. You're not that stupid or naive.

Is it that hard to believe that a large section of Police are abusing their power? I didn't say all, but alot do. Hell you have a whole state for a period legalize racial profiling :smh:

I will give you examples of why I don't like the police. I was living in a house in Oakland. I left to go to work early one morning, but after a few hours I felt sick and went back. When I come back to my house at around 10:00am I see that someone had broke in, stole my TV, dvd players, Laptop and other random items from the living room. They broke a back window and climbed in. After being shocked I called the police at around 10:15. I tell them someone had just broke in within the last 2 hours (I left the house at 8am). No one came after a few hours, I called back was told a officer will be there soon. No one came the whole day and I constantly called hour after hour after hour. The NEXT day at 5pm a officer calls me and says do I still need a officer to come by and make a report. By this time I cleaned up the mess from the broken window, had a repair guy fixing a new window, called my renters insurance and checked every pawnshop around myself, so why the **** were they gonna do? I hung up in disgust. You telling me if I was in a different zip code I would have got the same response?

don't make yourself a target you won't be one.

Tell me what a target looks like, I would love to hear your opinion on how other people need to look in your eyes

I turn off my Latino button each time I hop in the whip...

Ignorance is a two way street. Lost the argument when you started using assumptions.

You know damn well what a "target" looks like, don't make me spell it out for you. I've dealt with attitude from cops, but it's hard to keep pushing when there are no buttons to push. Think more MLK and less Malcolm X.

Think I haven't been asked: "What are you doing here?" Before.

Situations are just handled differently.

Last edited:
I turn off my Latino button each time I hop in the whip...

Ignorance is a two way street. Lost the argument when you started using assumptions.

You argue like a bird, picking one segment like that devalues anything else I'm saying. Cool you;re latino, now that tells me you're delusional talking about "don't look like a target" when you know damn well ain't **** we can do about it, no matter what we are the targeted.

You assume people are walking around flippin out of police the second they cross our path. I have given you examples and stated my experience while you sit soapbox made of sand saying that its something we're doing wrong.

Back
Top Bottom