Police Kill Unarmed Teen In Ferguson, Missouri

have any of yall read the 19 page police report?!

before mike was gunned down, cops were looking for a SHOPLIFTER. there wasn't a manhunt for a robbery suspect because throughout the report it was dispatched as STEALING IN PROGRESS.
only after news got out that a white cop gunned down a black unarmed kid did they complete their incident report and charge him with a felony strong arm robbery. gotta love the language put in there 2 days after the shooting: "struggle", "confrontation", "aggressively","intimidate".
if you don't see this report was clearly an attempt to justify the shooting, you gotta ask yourself, WHERE IS THE INCIDENT REPORT OF THE COP SHOOTING THE KID. if i read a report that the kid punched the cop and attempted to take his weapon, that would make more sense and i would assume the cop innocent until proven guilty. where's the report of cops taking eyewitness accounts of the shooting? there isn't one. any police NTers on here care to shed some light on why no report was completed for a cop shooting his gun. i'm pretty sure there's always a report when someone gets killed, whether it was self defense or murder.

Misdirection
Bingo. Which is why his post is irrelevant at the moment. There's a moment and time for everything. AT THIS VERY MOMENT, we're discussing this man, who was shot. MULTIPLE TIMES. This is an issue that needs to stop. Cops are trained to deal with situations without taking lives.

We'd like to think Cops are "trained" and trained well. Training only goes so far when a mans mind is shaped.
Nothing is going to stop one man,who racially profiles against kids or men like Mike Brown, and feels the need to shoot him down in the streets, except education.
Education is the key. One of the hardest things to overcome is ignorance, a police academy training course isn't going to stop that kind of ignorance.
I hate to say it but, there are always going to be cops, lawyers, presidents, teachers, coaches, who share the same views that the Ferguson cop shared, and that's ignorance. Until we can weed out the ignorance, a good cop training program isn't going to stop these kind of events.

You don't want to know how I'd like to deal with the Cop who shot Mike Brown, I will tell you this, he probably doesnt to deserve the Justice System way of punishment,(in my book anyway).

Nah, no way

Last edited:
We'd like to think Cops are "trained" and trained well. Training only goes so far when a mans mind is shaped.
Nothing is going to stop one man,who racially profiles against kids or men like Mike Brown, and feels the need to shoot him down in the streets, except education.
Education is the key. One of the hardest things to overcome is ignorance, a police academy training course isn't going to stop that kind of ignorance.
I hate to say it but, there are always going to be cops, lawyers, presidents, teachers, coaches, who share the same views that the Ferguson cop shared, and that's ignorance. Until we can weed out the ignorance, a good cop training program isn't going to stop these kind of events.

You don't want to know how I'd like to deal with the Cop who shot Mike Brown, I will tell you this, he probably doesnt to deserve the Justice System way of punishment,(in my book anyway).

Nah, no way
Probably right. What will help stop it are camera. We need them everywhere immediately. It's gotten to the point to where if even if Brown's dna is on the gun, I can't truthfully believe it.

Maybe due to my age, and due to my experiences with respect to what I consider my societal norms has me coming to certain conclusions about this case based on what we know (or perceive to know) so far.

With the climate that surrounds the relationship between civilian and law enforcement, eye witness accounts can't mean all that much in the grand scheme of things. Take into account that it was a white officer shooting a black young teen in the middle of a black neighborhood, the first hand accounts can't be worth all that much. That is not a white supremacist viewpoint, it's just a pure logical standpoint.

Perhaps I'm a bit naive in a sense that I believe there is true humanity in all of us. I am not saying I am right, but for me it's really hard to believe a Cop would just kill a teen execution style after he's on his knees with his hands up pleading for his life. I personally can't wrap my mind around anyone, white or black, doing that in 2014. Part of me believes that that's a narrative being pushed as a means to continue this oppressed role that we as black americans play in society, especially with the law enforcement dynamic.

As I stated, my life chances are in direct correlation with my place in the political arena. That is, my experiences shape my beliefs thereby playing a huge role in how I assess situations like this. If you're life chances are / were much more dire and you've had issues with law enforcement before where you were unfairly treated, then what you believed happen will be much different than mine.

As for me, I don't know man. Personally, I can't say with conviction that this was a simple "Cop shot him as he was running away, and while he was down pleading for his life, the cop finished him off execution style because he's a white cop with deep seeded hate for young black men and wanted to showcase his power in that instant." It has to be more to the story than that.

Then again, maybe it isn't and maybe i'm just naive.

tay1 tay1 I bet there was a dash camera.
I bet there was some sort of CCTV that captured exactly what happened.
You can't tell me that Big Brother wasn't watching, be it from the car, from the stoplight cams, neighborhood cams. Any cell phone cam in the area, satellites.

Cameras being mandatory in a cruisers would be a comfort initially, but only initially.
Those can and have and will be tampered with in events like this.

Last edited:
@tay1I bet there was a dash camera.
You can't tell me that Big Brother wasn't watching, be it from the car, from the stoplight cams, neighborhood cams. Any cell phone cam in the area, satellites.

Cameras being mandatory in a cruisers would be a comfort initially, but only initially.
This fella tweeted the events  from his apartment which was within the taped off crime scene as the event unfolded...

https://twitter.com/7im/timelines/499639344613695488

Last edited:
@tay1I bet there was a dash camera.

I don't believe he had a dash camera or something like that. I mean camera's on the cops themselves. Attached to them. Functioning at all times.

Man this thread is nuts some of you guys really hate white/cops no matter what smh

Reasons why we as people will always be divided.

Good post shoeking. That's what I was talking about earlier, I expected something like this from you.

Not clowning in the middle of a discussion thread like this. The laughing wasn't me being sensitive, just expecting more, from you.

Checking the tweets now Julius Wrek.
I missed them the first time around

Man this thread is nuts some of you guys really hate white/cops no matter what smh

Ain't got nothing to do with hating white cops. Has everything to do with hating cops like him. Judge, jury, executioner.

Ain't got nothing to do with hating white cops. Has everything to do with hating cops like him. Judge, jury, executioner.

Only white people being hated on in this thread are racist white people.

And by no means am I trying to troll or offend anyone I am just expressing my views. If you get offended sorry but I'm speaking freely just like anyone else here and hoping to see everyone's point no matter how much I may disagree.

[@=/u/76639/tay1]@tay1[/@]I bet there was a dash camera.

I don't believe he had a dash camera or something like that. I mean camera's on the cops themselves. Attached to them. Functioning at all times.

There was a petition going around for this tay1, I hoped you signed it.
I could see the value in it but, it's a complete in invasion of basic privacy to have cops with cameras on their badges so, I didn't sign it, personally, but that's just me.

Only white people being hated on in this thread are racist white people.

Is like to cosign this, and I wish it were true, but it's not.
I've seen a lot of white people simply disagree with something's around this case, and be vilified and called racists.
I've seen blacks (myself included) be called Uncle Toms, for simply stating their opinion, or not agreeing completely with the protests and or riots.
The rage got the better of some people, maybe not you, but some.

There was a petition going around for this tay1, I hoped you signed it.
I could see the value in it but, it's a complete in invasion of basic privacy to have cops with cameras on their badges so, I didn't sign it, personally, but that's just me.
I saw it, and it's what's best for both parties. I'm tired of it being their word vs ours. And by ours I mean all victims who have suffered by the actions of police. We have SEVERAL witnesses, not to mention a timeline of tweets from a person who saw it all go down, and it has no credibility, yet everyone believes the cops. That's not fair.

I mean this with all sincerity. It is truly sad that we as a people actually believe that a while officer would murder a black teen execution style for no apparent reason other than he was black. It's sad that we automatically assume that, rather than even give chance that maybe Mike Brown did do something severe to force the officer to react in such a way.

Whether or not the white officer in question actually did that is irrelevant for this post at least. The point I am making is that, if most black men and women in this country feel that confident in the fact that a white officer would just kill a black teen in that manner, man that's truly disheartening. Whether he did or not, that's just disheartening that we automatically assume the worst with white cop / black person because law enforcement is supposed to be there to protect us. There's supposed to be a trust there between civilian and law enforcement, regardless of skin color, age, etc.

Is the disconnect between civilian and officer really that severe to where we have no faith in the justice system anymore? If so that's just tugs at my heart man. You gotta have faith in something. What is a world where we have no faith in those that are supposed to protect us? I do recognize that the incredible amounts of "racially charge" instances regarding civilian and law enforcement have brought us to this point, but at the same time we have to understand that just as much as we want to believe that that kid did nothing to warrant what happened, there's another side of that coin. We do not know what exactly happened (at least not yet) but the fact that most are already incriminating our law enforcement just speaks volumes to the lack of faith we have in our law enforcement, and that right there is one of, if not the most inevitable conclusion to all of this.

Intraracial crimes that occur in all ethnic groups and demographics DOES NOT COMPARE to the extrajudicial murder of an unarmed American citizen.

Do not create an inaccurate narrative structurally of paralleling intraracial crime that ALL RACES have to the extrajudicial execution of Black people.

You do not know me.

Do not presume to know what I am and are not up in arms about.

Ever.

first off, what are you 16? it's the internet and we're on a forum as long as i abide by the rules, i could do as i please, ok tough guy? or did i presume about that as well?

your comment makes no sense, it's like you used a thesaurus to type it up, it is a fact that abortion is the number 1 killer of african americans, and it is a fact that african americans kill african americans(homicides) more than any other race... is it the same for other races? No. That's a fact, CDC.gov for the abortion stat' and for the homicide stat' look up FAU study AA homicide. "Accidents are the biggest killer for young white men and young women of all races".

there isn't any skewing of information

i don't believe you know what extrajudicial means, and if it were to be that which it isn't it would be an extrajudicial killing.. however in this case the officer did not commit that as it is in his power to neutralize a threat, an extrajudicial killing would mean he would see 2 known drug dealers and then just shoot them on their house porch, why is this an extrajudicial killing? because although they were criminals, there weren't any legal proceedings done and the punishment was to an extreme

youre copying-pasting this information from somewhere, but it's ok, that's how it was for the Trayvon Martin case, everyone's a lawyer

Shoeking has had one of the best post yet.

We live in a society that says F the police. I've heard that all my life and that's crazy how much people hate cops because they buy into that whole they are out to get me and that mentality works both ways on ruining civilian and officer interaction.

I mean this with all sincerity. It is truly sad that we as a people actually believe that a while officer would murder a black teen execution style for no apparent reason other than he was black. It's sad that we automatically assume that, rather than even give chance that maybe Mike Brown did do something severe to force the officer to react in such a way.

Whether or not the white officer in question actually did that is irrelevant for this post at least. The point I am making is that, if most black men and women in this country feel that confident in the fact that a white officer would just kill a black teen in that manner, man that's truly disheartening. Whether he did or not, that's just disheartening that we automatically assume the worst with white cop / black person because law enforcement is supposed to be there to protect us. There's supposed to be a trust there between civilian and law enforcement, regardless of skin color, age, etc.

Is the disconnect between civilian and officer really that severe to where we have no faith in the justice system anymore? If so that's just tugs at my heart man. You gotta have faith in something. What is a world where we have no faith in those that are supposed to protect us? I do recognize that the incredible amounts of "racially charge" instances regarding civilian and law enforcement have brought us to this point, but at the same time we have to understand that just as much as we want to believe that that kid did nothing to warrant what happened, there's another side of that coin. We do not know what exactly happened (at least not yet) but the fact that most are already incriminating our law enforcement just speaks volumes to the lack of faith we have in our law enforcement, and that right there is one of, if not the most inevitable conclusion to all of this.
This is all quite charming, and the idealist in me wants to agree with you.

Unfortunately this is a fantasy, and the long and tumultuous history with corrupt officials is our reality.

Sadly.

Intraracial crimes that occur in all ethnic groups and demographics DOES NOT COMPARE to the extrajudicial murder of an unarmed American citizen.

Do not create an inaccurate narrative structurally of paralleling intraracial crime that ALL RACES have to the extrajudicial execution of Black people.

You do not know me.

Do not presume to know what I am and are not up in arms about.

Ever.

first off, what are you 16? it's the internet and we're on a forum as long as i abide by the rules, i could do as i please, ok tough guy? or did i presume about that as well?

your comment makes no sense, it's like you used a thesaurus to type it up, it is a fact that abortion is the number 1 killer of african americans, and it is a fact that african americans kill african americans(homicides) more than any other race... is it the same for other races? No. That's a fact, CDC.gov for the abortion stat' and for the homicide stat' look up FAU study AA homicide. "Accidents are the biggest killer for young white men and young women of all races".

there isn't any skewing of information

i don't believe you know what extrajudicial means, and if it were to be that which it isn't it would be an extrajudicial killing.. however in this case the officer did not commit that as it is in his power to neutralize a threat, an extrajudicial killing would mean he would see 2 known drug dealers and then just shoot them on their house porch, why is this an extrajudicial killing? because although they were criminals, there weren't any legal proceedings done and the punishment was to an extreme

youre copying-pasting this information from somewhere, but it's ok, that's how it was for the Trayvon Martin case, everyone's a lawyer
Again.

You do not know me.

If you want to condemn all cops as a whole, cool.
If you believe the institution as a whole is corrupt, that's also cool, you can feel that way.

I'd just like you to REALLY feel that way.
Meaning, don't let re first call you make when someone breaks into your house be, 911.

You can't pick and choose like that.
If they are bad, and all bad, as a whole, just leave them out of your life in the times you need them.

Leave that service for someone who appreciates it

I get what you're saying.Growing up, maybe to the age of 10 or so I believed and supported cops. As I grew up I realized more and more things and learned to think for myself regardless of what people said. I don't have faith in the local law enforcement. Simple as that. When you have someone in a position of authority, they tend to abuse it. Now, I'm not saying every cop is like this, the ones I have encountered have been pretty cool for the most part. I don't put my hands in ANYBODY'S hands. I don't need for a cop to protect me like you said in your post.

I say F the police because of the potential they have to harm me. I know people personally who have been affected by crooked cops in more ways than one. I think the whole idea behind police is just wrong.

If you want to condemn all cops as a whole, cool.
If you believe the institution as a whole is corrupt, that's also cool, you can feel that way.

I'd just like you to REALLY feel that way.
Meaning, don't let re first call you make when someone breaks into your house be, 911.

You can't pick and choose like that.
If they are bad, and all bad, as a whole, just leave them out of your life in the times you need them.

Leave that service for someone who appreciates it

They're going to be the first people I call. They're more than welcome to come by and pick up the body.

Just realize, this isn't a Bad Cop who shot Mike Brown.

It's a bad man, who happens to be a cop.

Back
Top Bottom