Popping the big question Vol. How'd you do it?

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by MR RASKATRIPAS

What's the average people spend on a ring?

I was thinking $2-$5K.

This ring here cost $5200 and its
pimp.gif
eek.gif

530603000_MV_LG_JAR.jpg
all depends on the diamond -- cut, shape, and quality.
That ring has an emerald shape -- round is usually a lot more expensive.

not a fan of the inset diamonds in the band though..but in the end.. it's not what you like..it's what SHE likes
Yeah about that, how do you find out without her knowing you're planning to go ring hunting?

You don't. Honestly, most engagements are not surprises (the hows and the whens might be, but not that it's going to happen).  Marriage is just one of those things that you sort of discuss before hand.  You don't want your fiance to end up like Carrie from sex and the city.  My that was an ugly ring
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MR RASKATRIPAS

What's the average people spend on a ring?

I was thinking $2-$5K.

This ring here cost $5200 and its
pimp.gif
eek.gif

530603000_MV_LG_JAR.jpg
all depends on the diamond -- cut, shape, and quality.
That ring has an emerald shape -- round is usually a lot more expensive.

not a fan of the inset diamonds in the band though..but in the end.. it's not what you like..it's what SHE likes
Yeah about that, how do you find out without her knowing you're planning to go ring hunting?

You don't. Honestly, most engagements are not surprises (the hows and the whens might be, but not that it's going to happen).  Marriage is just one of those things that you sort of discuss before hand.  You don't want your fiance to end up like Carrie from sex and the city.  My that was an ugly ring
laugh.gif

actually...I sort of knew b/c we had already discussed marriage and every so often just casually, when browsing a magazine together, I'd ask her if she liked this or that ring(in an ad).. etc.
you just make a mental note of it.

some people go shopping for rings together. I didn't do that.
Mine was a surprise to her

actually...I sort of knew b/c we had already discussed marriage and every so often just casually, when browsing a magazine together, I'd ask her if she liked this or that ring(in an ad).. etc.

Mine was actually unromantic. Didn't even get on one knee.

Just told her straight up "Let's get married."

The cornier your proposal...the more unattractive it is.

Mine was actually unromantic. Didn't even get on one knee.

Just told her straight up "Let's get married."

The cornier your proposal...the more unattractive it is.

Yea I just did it 2 weeks ago it was our 4 years and I took her on a surprise tip over the weekend to NYC (She loves it there.) while we were there we were at the top of the rock and I had the rock in my pocket ready for the right moment. I felt that up there was the right moment, asked ol' boy to snap a pic of us up there and then popped down and dude started popping mad shots off so we have plenty of pics. 
940201600_MV_LG.jpg

Yea I just did it 2 weeks ago it was our 4 years and I took her on a surprise tip over the weekend to NYC (She loves it there.) while we were there we were at the top of the rock and I had the rock in my pocket ready for the right moment. I felt that up there was the right moment, asked ol' boy to snap a pic of us up there and then popped down and dude started popping mad shots off so we have plenty of pics. 
940201600_MV_LG.jpg

But what if you don't know what size ring your girl wears? Like, if you don't want her having any clues of a possible gift coming. 
Because I have no clue how ring sizing goes. And when the time comes, I don't want her to suspect anything coming
nerd.gif

But what if you don't know what size ring your girl wears? Like, if you don't want her having any clues of a possible gift coming. 
Because I have no clue how ring sizing goes. And when the time comes, I don't want her to suspect anything coming
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Nawth21

^^ you bring it back to get it sized after you pop the question.
eek.gif

I'm such a rookie. I didn't even think of that. I was thinking shoe size = ring size when I can just get the ring then altered later.
pimp.gif

Thank you
laugh.gif

eek.gif

I'm such a rookie. I didn't even think of that. I was thinking shoe size = ring size when I can just get the ring then altered later.
pimp.gif

Thank you
laugh.gif

eek.gif

pimp.gif

Thank you
laugh.gif

Damn...thats kinda genius...
laugh.gif

eek.gif

pimp.gif

Thank you
laugh.gif

Damn...thats kinda genius...
laugh.gif

yeap. had to do that.
any GOOD and reputable dealer (that you bought the ring from) should do it for you without charge.

yeap. had to do that.
any GOOD and reputable dealer (that you bought the ring from) should do it for you without charge.

eek.gif

pimp.gif

Thank you
laugh.gif
Word, I was so clueless on how that goes 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom