Portland: What to do and Where to stay?

Planning a trip to Portland with a couple friends. Need to stay at a Mariott or Starwood Hotel that is close to bars and good food. Any suggestions on where tostay, eat and drink? Thanks

Im guessing you cant really go wrong with staying downtown

especially with your specific criteria

I go to PO alot, but I always stay over near NE a few blocks from Lloyd Center

I've always liked the Marriot in Beaverton, real peaceful. since you want food and bars though, stay downtown.

thanks for the input guys. staying at the nines one night then at the westin another night. Any ides on how to get to Oregon University through publictransportation from portland. Heading down for the cal @ Oregon game and would rather not have to drive so we can booze.

University of Oregon? Is that in Eugene. I believe thats like a 90 minute-2 hour drive from Portland

someone correct me if Im wrong

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

University of Oregon? Is that in Eugene. I believe thats like a 90 minute-2 hour drive from Portland

someone correct me if Im wrong
Univ. of Oregon is correct. We'd rather take some kind of train down or bus or something other than renting a car so we can drink @ the game.

oh I got ya......

I've got no answers then.
if its for a football game, I have to believe theres some kinda shuttle. I've been down a bunch of times during football season and always run into peoplethat just came back from games and they seem to all have been together on some kinda bus.

sorry I couldnt be of more help

Greyhound will cost ya $25 for roundtrip per person, BUT i'd suggest you try posting on craigslist eugene to find a ride, and you'd just chip in a fewfor gas no biggy

ur good to go
glasses.gif

check with Amtrak(train) I am sure they stop in Eugene. Not bad of an idea to use as many Portlander's ride this up to Mariner games in Seattle. By theway the Ducks suck, go Beavers.

Go eat a steak at the Acropolois.

8325 SE McLoughlin Blvd
Portland, OR 97202

(503) 231-9611
acropolis-portland.com

aside from Compound what other spots should I hit up. Looks like I'll have some time sunday afternoon and Monday morning to kill. thanks for help.

Beyond Compound, you could hit up Cal's Pharmacy, Exit, and the Nike Factory. Both Cal's and the Factory are relatively close to each other as well.Cal's Pharmacy is on 15 NE Hancock and the Factory is on MLK. Exit is on NW 23rd.

Niketown as of late has been getting pretty decent releases, also theres a store called Hecklewood right in the same Square/Block Compound is located at. Itreeks of Hipster Trash but theres a few nice things in there. Size 13 Consignment shoes too last time i checked.

Back
Top Bottom