Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's crazy how scarce the CP chelseas were at first. I bought out a lot of pairs from Need Supply Co. when they first dropped and sold to people overseas for $700-900 a pair. That was when there were only 1 or 2 colors. Now it seems like there's at least 15 different colors. I've lost count. And now it's only really acceptable to purchase ~$400 IMO.
I agree on CPs being more worth it at under $400. I also don't know why crepe soles get such a horrible wrap on here too. When comparing a goodyear welted sole vs a crepe sole, It's obvious what is constructed better and will allow for repair vs. a crepe sole maybe not being able to be repaired. Crepe soles on suede chukka/chelsea boots is classic and casual looking (ie the Clarks DB). With that being said, I don't have any problem with the crepe sole because that's what I view my CPs as (casual boots).

In terms of quality for price etc, again I wouldn't buy CPs at full retail but at 40-50% off, I would buy a pair every day of the week because they are constructed very well. I can ensure you that the crepe sole will not be the first thing to go. The suede on the upper will be beat way before the crepe sole wears out...

I agree on CPs being more worth it at under $400. I also don't know why crepe soles get such a horrible wrap on here too. When comparing a goodyear welted sole vs a crepe sole, It's obvious what is constructed better and will allow for repair vs. a crepe sole maybe not being able to be repaired. Crepe soles on suede chukka/chelsea boots is classic and casual looking (ie the Clarks DB). With that being said, I don't have any problem with the crepe sole because that's what I view my CPs as (casual boots).

In terms of quality for price etc, again I wouldn't buy CPs at full retail but at 40-50% off, I would buy a pair every day of the week because they are constructed very well. I can ensure you that the crepe sole will not be the first thing to go. The suede on the upper will be beat way before the crepe sole wears out...
Crepe can be repaired. They just tack on more crepe on the heel.

Crepe can be repaired. They just tack on more crepe on the heel.

Crepe gang.

Honestly though this thread has been 50% CP chelseas for the last year and a half. I'm pretty over them, gave away my original khakis to a friend and have had the tan I picked up in holiday sales time sitting in the box. I used to love them before but I prefer the BV now cause of the height. I like to let my denim Stack on top of the boot which doesn't look so good on the CP. I bought my 44 Tan for 350 if anyone's interested.

I'm really stuck wearing the BV zip ups a lot as well.

My FBT are in rotation each week. Only complaint are the beer stains on them. But they holding strong. Looking to cop some suede shamans soon

I don't see anyone talking or wearing visvims anymore. Hmm... That use to be popular amongst this thread.
I copped a pair of visvim Roland Joggers the other day. Quality is great and its one of my most comfortable pair of shoes. Hopefully they don't rip.

Last edited:
My FBTs ripped the first day I wore them so after that I kinda denounced the entire quality argument people make in favour of the brand.
what? that just must be a one off because i think my FBT elk's are probably the best quality sneakers i have.

they have the softest leather on a pair of sneakers i own and have held up immaculate and still look beautiful. 

and they have been worn over 60+ times in the last 2 years

Hey NT

Man I haven't posted in a while.

Anyway, i got this for a straight steal (84 USD) from a thirfter  (I'm based in the Philippines and he found this in a thrift in a province up north), Came to me kind of beat but I just threw some shoe trees in and cleaned it up majorly. Uppers smell like old storage and I'm trying to get rid off it but I'm happy. 

The material on the toe box and side panels feels like its satin, and since I got them used an beat, the tox box creases kind of look like there's air in them. To anyone who has ever owned this particular pair, I was wondering if these were safe to crease up and bend your feet in? (I'm the type who does not duck walk and would wear shoes normally). I'm just scared the creases might actually give way and tear? Or did Balenciaga make these with their usual great quality and have this in mind for it not to tear? Responses would be appreciated! cheers fam! 

^theu look legit to me. The only thing throwing me and this is probably just me is the ventilation holes but everything else looks good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom