Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The highs are 645. Lows are 545. Lows are better imo. I grabbed them from nordstrom
I want the whites too. Those will be a dirt magnet though

Last edited:
Had the Bottega chelseas in my cart on Mr. Porter but hesitated and didn't check out (sold out now). They were $330 shipped which is crazy cheap for BVs but I'm holding out to buy Saint Laurent boots (or another goodyear welted boots). Kind of salty but I already just bought two CP chelsea boots so I definitely don't need another crepe soled chelsea.

Had the Bottega chelseas in my cart on Mr. Porter but hesitated and didn't check out (sold out now). They were $330 shipped which is crazy cheap for BVs but I'm holding out to buy Saint Laurent boots (or another goodyear welted boots). Kind of salty but I already just bought two CP chelsea boots so I definitely don't need another crepe soled chelsea.
yeah you def don't need cp's and bottegas fam

yeah you def don't need cp's and bottegas fam
I also think Bottegas run a full size large bro and I'm a size 9-9.5 and they were 42 which probably fit like a 43 and would be slightly big. I was mostly considering them because I've felt them in person and they are probably constructed with higher quality than the CPs. I'm not really a big fan of the overall shape of the Bottegas as well as they're slightly more bulbous than the CPs and have more classic stitch detailing. I think the CPs have the better silhouette so I don't think I made the wrong choice in passing.

Probably going to just save for a pair of Hedi chelsea boots.

Sorry but BV Chelseas for $330 and you passed? Wow. Huge mistake IMO. Even if they didn't fit I would've taken them to the store and exchanged for my correct size. To each his own tho

Last edited:
Sorry but BV Chelseas for $330 and you passed? Wow. Huge mistake IMO. Even if they didn't fit I would've taken them to the store and exchanged for my correct size. To each his own tho
I've bought Tom Ford boots for 350$. I truly don't care about BV chelseas that hard. You can't just bring them back to the store. it was Mr. Porter which is based in England with no brick and mortar store. If they didn't fit...all I could have done is send them back. Deals come and go all the time so it doesn't make sense to sweat missed ones. Another will come...

I've bought Tom Ford boots for 350$. I truly don't care about BV chelseas that hard. You can't just bring them back to the store. it was Mr. Porter which is based in England with no brick and mortar store. If they didn't fit...all I could have done is send them back. Deals come and go all the time so it doesn't make sense to sweat missed ones. Another will come...

Bruh I've exchanged sizes at places like Saks and Neimans on multiple occasions with no receipt. Size swaps at places like that are easy

You clearly haven't tried on BV Chelsea boots. They are GOAT in terms of comfort as far as Chelseas go. CP ain't even on the same level. But like I said to each his own.

$330 for those ain't a deal, that's a straight robbery with no mask

Last edited:
Bruh I've exchanged sizes at places like Saks and Neimans on multiple occasions with no receipt. Size swaps at places like that are easy

You clearly haven't tried on BV Chelsea boots. They are GOAT in terms of comfort as far as Chelseas go. CP ain't even on the same level. But like I said to each his own.

$330 for those ain't a deal, that's a straight robbery with no mask
Lol good for you man that you were able to scam/manipulate Saks and Neimans. I don't know what kind of operations they're running in the city you live in but that's pretty wild that they would exchange shoes blindly with no receipt...

I've tried on BVs multiple times. I didn't say they weren't made really well. I also feel it's a reach to say that the quality is so much greater than CPs that it's a landslide. Like I said as well, I'm going to put the money toward a goodyear welted chelsea instead. Sometimes practicality outweighs a good deal...

Past Week:

D&G Sicilia Brogue $350
CP Achilles Low Black (Exchanged for smaller size) $270
CP Achilles Low Grey $206

Where you find them greys for $206. Been wanting those

SLP boots are blake stitched, not GYW. The stitching you see around the welt is cosmetic.

I also think Bottegas run a full size large bro and I'm a size 9-9.5 and they were 42 which probably fit like a 43 and would be slightly big. I was mostly considering them because I've felt them in person and they are probably constructed with higher quality than the CPs. I'm not really a big fan of the overall shape of the Bottegas as well as they're slightly more bulbous than the CPs and have more classic stitch detailing. I think the CPs have the better silhouette so I don't think I made the wrong choice in passing.

Probably going to just save for a pair of Hedi chelsea boots.
I'm a 43 and I own the BVs in 42. I've even tried on the 41.5 in store and they fit, so the 42 would have been too big for you.

I have SLP, CP, and BV Chelseas, and I find time to wear all of them. You can have them all in your wardrobe if you want!

Did balenciagas really raise the price of the Arenas $60 to $645? :x ....every site that I've seen selling arenas including their main site has them listed for $645, I doubt sales and quality increased for them to make such a huge price hike in a year

SLP boots are blake stitched, not GYW. The stitching you see around the welt is cosmetic.

I'm a 43 and I own the BVs in 42. I've even tried on the 41.5 in store and they fit, so the 42 would have been too big for you.

I have SLP, CP, and BV Chelseas, and I find time to wear all of them. You can have them all in your wardrobe if you want!
Thanks echau for the info. That was the main reason I didn't buy them. I didn't really have a problem getting them and also having the CPs. I just knew from all that I've heard/read about the BV chelseas that they run REALLY big. Just as you mentioned, many have said they've sized down even 2 sizes to achieve a proper fit. I also live in Canada and would have to pay additional duties on the purchase. So obviously it didn't make sense to buy them when they most likely would have to be sent back...

i sized down 1.5 and probably could have went 2 sizes down for a snug fit. 1.5 down and i still have a little room.

Last edited:
i sized down 1.5 and probably could have went 2 sizes down for a snug fit. 1.5 down and i still have a little room.
Damn. I'm glad I didn't impulsively buy that pair at my true size 42 then...

Is anyone in here familiar with Tom Ford sizing as well? I feel half of these luxury designer brands fit large but I want to pick up a pair of those tan suede ones someone posted a little while back and I feel there's no consistency with TF sizing.

I have three pairs right now and they are literally all different sizes. Double monk dress shoe thats a size 8 (possibly UK) the low top Russel sneaker in a size 9 (not sure if true to size US sizing) and a chelsea boot in a size 10 (but fits maybe half a size small).  I'll include a few pics to show that they are ALL basically the same length with maybe slight difference in width...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom