Post-racial society: will there b a time when it's acceptable 4 non-blacks to use the N* word??

Bottom line no culture should use that word. I am black and dont even use the word. People dont understand the history and the true degradation the word represents. Most people including black people say the word because its "cool" in hip hop culture. But if people knew the true meaning of why the word is so bad, I really think it would go along way. But thats what I think, I feel its disrespectful to the people who died before me for my freedom who were called for that word, to use it as a term of endearment.   

Who said we are in a post racial society? A little presumptuous no? Anyway...I use it, and I extend it to Hispanic people, but it's situational...I guess this is just the dog chasing it's tail argument. I'm trying to stop using it though, but some people deserve the name 
30t6p3b.gif

I mean if we were to start calling jewish people by their color of their star used as their label in concentration camps and other titles, we would be called anti-semite in a quick fast hurry and all white people would unite in calling whoever rehashed such a troubling and terrible time a racist bigot. 
Why when the tables are turned the same rules don't apply for black people. Is it because we are at a point when white privilege has been so ingrained in our society sub consciously that we don't even question it? 

I love how the N-word is that one true thing white people really can't say at all. The ramifications of them using it in any form has a huge impact on them.They can lose jobs,lose friends,lose girlfriends and end careers based off a word they invented.I dont like hearing asians use it either or any other race really .I dont even like africans use it if me and them aren't my boys are coming from where i'm from.That word is a perfect double standard.The reason why you see these lames walking around saying why cant we say it because its the only thing black people say they cant do and its widely accepted they cant do it.Thats frustrating to them because that words power has been snatched away.

Originally Posted by roboski

AntonLaVey wrote:
I know non-black hispanics that use that word literally every other sentence. 
laugh.gif

I think Hispanics love using the "N-word" more so then black people. 

In NY they say i totally out of context and at unnecessary times... 
laugh.gif

Word I thought i was the only one who noticed this, growing up in Middle school is used to play handball and soccer with these kids that just immigrated from Peru and barely spoke English yet somehow figured out a way to fit the N word into every sentence.
roll.gif

They already do use the word and its acceptable to friends, Whites and Asians use it more then me and any other blacks i know.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by roboski

AntonLaVey wrote:
I know non-black hispanics that use that word literally every other sentence. 
laugh.gif

I think Hispanics love using the "N-word" more so then black people. 

In NY they say i totally out of context and at unnecessary times... 
laugh.gif

Word I thought i was the only one who noticed this, growing up in Middle school is used to play handball and soccer with these kids that just immigrated from Peru and barely spoke English yet somehow figured out a way to fit the N word into every sentence.
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

the question is if you aren't black why do you WANT to say it?

Just to be cool? Thats really sad...I never understood why another race especially white or asian would WANT to say it.

Originally Posted by Bob Lobblaw

i only use it when i spit lyrics from songs

Interesting. If there is black and non-blacks around each other, and a song comes on that uses the word, is it cool if the non-blacks recite it out loud?

I swear I feel a certain type of way when blacks use it around non-blacks. I am like, why?
laugh.gif
I don't think anyone should use it.

Side story: Semi-related. THere was this dude on my intrumural team named Black. Some of the coaches from the women's team needed a squad to play on, so they ran with us. He introduced himself as Black to them, they looked at eachother and say, "He told me his name was Black, but I don't know what to call him." I just found this funny. Don't mind me.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by Demps

Im hispanic and I stay using it, I dont care.
x2
Without asking me, "Why do you care about what I do" can you explain to me WHY you feel the want/need to use that word?

Im hispanic west-indian and I stay using it, I dont care.
BUT...it's a double edged sword...I feel like black people find both words(ending in -a and -er) are their property more than anything because it was used on them and has alot of negative connotations attached to it.  From my perspective and i'm not b.s.ing whatsoever when I say this...I grew up in Queens saying and receiving the word N'a in elementary school with black and non-black friends...so the meaning had no similarity to N'er whatsoever only phonetically.
From my perspective it's just a word...while I don't doubt that some african-americans take the word more harshly than others...it's really up to the speaker to know when and when not to use the word and who they speak to when they say it.  There should be some sort of respect to the audience whether they're cool with or not.  Imho N'er, coolie, ****, !%!% and other words like that which still retain their original meaning should not be used...solely on the grounds that these words are not meant to express any type of friendship whatsoever.

It's a black issue that white folks wanna dig their noses in. As far as other minorities saying it, corny IMO.
The bottom line is white people (who wish to use the word) can't stand not being entitled to use a word in public. So they see their black friends using it as a term of endearment, and yearn for the same acceptance. I have white friends who I have used the word openly with, they were my %$$%%# though. Never had a thought of them thinking of using the word back @ me. 

Anyone can say what they want. but if you can't deal with the consequences of saying the word, physical or not...

don't say it.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

It's a black issue that white folks wanna dig their noses in. As far as other minorities saying it, corny IMO.
/thread

This is basically what it all boils down to. 

I was playing ball the other day and a dude that I think was Philipino said it to his best friend who was black. I wanted to say something to him then and there but I just didn't for whatever reason. I gave him 4 straight buckets though.

Have no problem with any other race using it....and you shouldnt have a problem with whatever way i choose to retaliate

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

Anyone can say what they want. but if you can't deal with the consequences of saying the word, physical or not...

don't say it.
real muther effin tolk

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Im hispanic west-indian and I stay using it, I dont care.
BUT...it's a double edged sword...I feel like black people find both words(ending in -a and -er) are their property more than anything because it was used on them and has alot of negative connotations attached to it.  From my perspective and i'm not b.s.ing whatsoever when I say this...I grew up in Queens saying and receiving the word N'a in elementary school with black and non-black friends...so the meaning had no similarity to N'er whatsoever only phonetically.
This is pretty much it.
Originally Posted by cartune

Have no problem with any other race using it....and you shouldnt have a problem with whatever way i choose to retaliate

..you wouldn't do a damn thing.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by cartune

..you wouldn't do a damn thing.
You mean again? Or you just talking out of your #**?

Back
Top Bottom