England over South Africa
Brazil over Netherlands
Argentina over Germany
Italy over Spain

Brazil over England
Argentina over Italy

Argentina over Brazil
pimp.gif

Leading scorers: Luis Fabiano, Gonzalo Higuain, Lucas Barrios, Robin van Persie, Frank Lampard, David Villa

Here's the format for the KO-Stage...it gets a bit confusing when trying to make quarter-final predictions...
http://en.wikipedia.org/w...World_Cup_knockout_stage

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Bro i am excited as hell for the World Cup too.... but the amount of threads is getting ridiculous

Agree.

But my predictions:
USA will finally break through and reach ATLEAST the semi's
pimp.gif

Ronaldo...opps i meant, Portugal will disappoint
Brazil will be go undefeated in that "death" group
Spain, US, Italy & Brazil will reach the Semi's
Spain vs Brazil in WC finals

WC Winner: Brazil
pimp.gif

A: Mexico, France
B: Argentina, Nigeria
C: England, Slovenia
D: Germany, Serbia
E: Holland, Denmark
F: Paraguay, Italy
G: Brazil, Ivory Coast
H: Spain, Chile

Mexico over Nigeria
Argentina over France
Serbia over England
Slovenia over Germany
Holland over Italy
Denmark over Paraguay
Brazil over Chile
Spain over Ivory Coast

Serbia over Mexico
Brazil over Holland
Argentina over Slovenia
Spain over Denmark

Brazil over Serbia
Spain over Argentina

Brazil over Spain

Leading scorers: Luis Fabiano, David Villa, Milivoje Novakovic.

Winner (with bias): Netherlands
Winner (w/out bias): Brazil or Spain. Cant decide.

I was kind of tempted to have Serbia beat England and South Africa en route to the semis but I didn't have the balls to type it out
embarassed.gif

Serbia are my sleepers and I think are capable of beating England in a tight match but I think England are a different team under Capello. The man is a genius...2-3 changes and he can swing any match in England's favor. I wouldn't be surprised though if Serbia beat England and make it far. Heck, I wouldnt be surprised if South Africa make the semis...they're at home, if they win their group they'll be favorites against any group-B team (except for Argentina), they have a legendary coach, and they are playing great right now in their pre-tournament friendlies.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I was kind of tempted to have Serbia beat England and South Africa en route to the semis but I didn't have the balls to type it out
embarassed.gif

Serbia are my sleepers and I think are capable of beating England in a tight match but I think England are a different team under Capello. The man is a genius...2-3 changes and he can swing any match in England's favor. I wouldn't be surprised though if Serbia beat England and make it far. Heck, I wouldnt be surprised if South Africa make the semis...they're at home, if they win their group they'll be favorites against any group-B runner-up (except for Argentina), they have a legendary coach, and they are playing great right now in their pre-tournament friendlies.
I'm not sure myself if I believe 100% in Serbia, but I always make predictions with my gut, since they'll be wrong anyway. 
laugh.gif

The toughest calls to me:

South Africa in Group A: I feel like I'm breaking my own rule in doubting the home team, but I have a feeling they'll lose to Mexico in the first game. Mexico is used to the altitude, which is huge. Who knows though, I think the opening game is one of the most unpredictable matches in the tournament. Senegal beat France. 

Slovenia/US: I think the US will lose to England in their first game, and I don't know if they can recover. And I think Slovenia is the type of team the US will struggle with. They won't be caught with defensive lapses, they'll counter attack if the US slips up as it tends to, and they have a record of punching above their weight. 

Portugal/Ivory Coast: no clue. Tossed em up in the air and came down with Ivory Coast. 

Nigeria/Greece: I don't think it'll matter much, but this one is a tossup too. Group B is so terrible. 

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Why so many threads?

It's much better for all the dialogue to go in one World Cup thread.

This is different though...everyone makes their WC predictions prior to the tournament and then we come back July 11 and laugh at them. The other threads will be active throughout the tournament...

Fair enough

Groups
Group A - France & Uruguay
Group B - Argentina & Nigeria
Group C - England & USA
Group D - Germany & Ghana
Group E - Netherlands & Denmark
Group F - Paraguay & Slovakia
Group G - Brazil & Ivory Coast
Group H - Spain & Chile

Quarters
Uruguay (49)
Ghana (50)
Germany (51)
Argentina (52)
Netherlands (53)
Brazil (54)
Paraguay (55)
Ivory Coast (56)

Netherlands (57)
Uruguay  (58)
Argentina (59)
Ivory Coast (60)

Semis
Netherlands (61)
Argentina (62)

Final
Netherlands

You killed me in 06 Tevez when I made wrong predictions
laugh.gif
...For everyone complaining about threads, it's only once every freaking 4 years.

A: Mexico, South Africa
B: Argentina, Nigeria
C: England, USA
D: Serbia, Germany
E: Holland, Denmark
F: Italy, Paraguay
G: Brazil, Portugal
H: Spain, Switzerland

Mexico over Nigeria
Argentina over South Africa
England over Germany
USA over Serbia
Holland over Paraguay
Italy over Denmark
Brazil over Switzerland
Spain over Portugal

England over Mexico
Brazil over Holland
Argentina over USA
Spain over Italy

England over Brazil
Spain over Argentina

Spain over England

Edit - Changed Ivory Coast to Portugal due to Drogba's injury

There's a predictor game on Yahoo! Why not create a group?

A: Mexico, Uruguay
B: Argentina, Greece
C: England, Slovenia
D: Serbia, Germany
E: Netherlands, Denmark
F: Paraguay, Italy
G: Brazil, Portugal
H: Spain, Chile

Mexico over Greece
England over Germany
Netherlands over Italy
Brazil over Chile
Argentina over Uruguay
Serbia over Slovenia
Denmark over Paraguay
Spain over Portugal (toughie)

England over Mexico (Mexico can totally beat them though)
Netherlands over Brazil
Serbia over Argentina
Spain over Denmark

England over Netherlands
Spain over Serbia

England over Spain

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

embarassed.gif

Serbia are my sleepers and I think are capable of beating England in a tight match but I think England are a different team under Capello. The man is a genius...2-3 changes and he can swing any match in England's favor. I wouldn't be surprised though if Serbia beat England and make it far. Heck, I wouldnt be surprised if South Africa make the semis...they're at home, if they win their group they'll be favorites against any group-B team (except for Argentina), they have a legendary coach, and they are playing great right now in their pre-tournament friendlies.

I picked Serbia first out of their group
pimp.gif
The fact that they are struggling lately makes them even more of a dark horse. 
And Brasil to win it all. 

I'm surprised to see so many of you predicting Ivory Coast to make it out of their group. I hope you guys are though. Allez les Elephants!

Originally Posted by TheAfricanDream

I'm surprised to see so many of you predicting Ivory Coast to make it out of their group. I hope you guys are though. Allez les Elephants!
that might all change now considering the latest news on drogba

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by TheAfricanDream

that might all change now considering the latest news on drogba
Yeah, I'm gonna write off the CIVs chances if Drogba is confirmed out.

Rio Ferdinand got hurt in training today...England have a ton of question marks going into the tourny. Barry's status is uncertain as well. I'm starting to have strong doubts about them too.

This is cool and all but someone should set up a NikeTalk Bracket group on ESPN.com for the World Cup.

Back
Top Bottom