Post Your Bikes...

Originally Posted by yancancook90

black chub hub + black hplusson = dope
BigRim.jpg
that is nice

got my brand new Fuji Roubaix today
pimp.gif
pics to come the next time the sunshines. I dont surf the general section much but this thread is sweet.

picking up a new road bike only to have it rain all day and predicted to do much the same tomorrow FTL! I need to find pics of my friend's Bianchi fixed, asweet sweet thing.

Here are my two 26'ers. One is the SE Racing OM Flyer, released 2 years ago. I only changed the bars (to old school Powerlite Powerbend cruiser bars),seat, grips (Ame Tri's) and sprocket (to a 41t Pro Neck). I don't care what nobody says, everything's sealed and the stock parts are pretty decent,imo. The hubs spin forever! I just think today's BMX handlebars suck, so they had to go. The Race Inc. is the Supercross tribute frame and fork from a fewyears back also. I changed the plate though. I had a red and gold Race Inc. 20 inch as a kid, which I later swapped out the gold parts for blue so it'slike I have both versions of my old bike. The odd thing is the OM has new school geometry, and the Race Inc is based on the old school geometry of the 1982 OMFlyer. Now if only I could get my hands on some old CW cruiser bars. Super fun rides and both get used at the monthly San Jose Bike Party as well as regularrides.

edit: There were only like 4-5 HUNDRED (or something like that!) of these 26 inch Race Inc. tribute frames made and only a few came out decent, cosmetic-wise.Long story. But that should add to the hype value of this bike,lol. It's a one-of-a-kind, exclusive hyperstrike! lol. I'm too big and old for themlittle dressed up ten-speeds, lol.

6f515be46c16d000f374fc287d6762a5f27c21f.jpg
105154ef671dd309fa065166a0c7acdcb5ce90d.jpg
f4e2511e916861c4da70f877a05968a628b790b.jpg
a0815de86d10d1012e12bdfd418c1967d9c41d0.jpg
534350bfe65563e71ed6d4ab0b7e2de91b6ee2d.jpg
2312545e516ef1e5d580526d13d29d9d270d5a2.jpg
ca235c55e4126e681ac5dcba07d347829f6f5ed.jpg

Just logged into NT for the first time since May 08, and it's largely been because of my mountain bike obsession. Was a pleasant surprise to see that thisthread had survived from last year. My first mountain bike is on one of the first pages, but after riding at Diablo Freeride Park for all of last season Ipicked up a dedicated DH bike last august and it's been fantastic. Here's some pics:

The bike is a Sinister R9. Handmade boutique frame. I bought it used, the frame is an 06, I believe, fork is an 05 888 RC2x. Since these pics were takenI've switched the shock from the 5th Element that's on there now to an 08 Fox DHX 5.0. Despite the weight (probably 49 lbs as she sits now) I LOVEthis bike.

Here's an obligatory action shot. This is the "Pipeline" drop at Diablo. Medium sized, probably 7 feet down, 6 foot gap.

Sorry to resurrect the thread. Great to see other cyclists on NT though, even though I haven't been here in over a year, haha. Keep on cranking.

I've tried it and I just can't get used to it, but I'll probably give it another shot in the future when i get better

it's just I can't get over the fact that my feet are locked in lol, sometimes i just have to put the foot down

Originally Posted by Zen Baller

Just logged into NT for the first time since May 08, and it's largely been because of my mountain bike obsession. Was a pleasant surprise to see that this thread had survived from last year. My first mountain bike is on one of the first pages, but after riding at Diablo Freeride Park for all of last season I picked up a dedicated DH bike last august and it's been fantastic. Here's some pics:

The bike is a Sinister R9. Handmade boutique frame. I bought it used, the frame is an 06, I believe, fork is an 05 888 RC2x. Since these pics were taken I've switched the shock from the 5th Element that's on there now to an 08 Fox DHX 5.0. Despite the weight (probably 49 lbs as she sits now) I LOVE this bike.

Here's an obligatory action shot. This is the "Pipeline" drop at Diablo. Medium sized, probably 7 feet down, 6 foot gap.

Sorry to resurrect the thread. Great to see other cyclists on NT though, even though I haven't been here in over a year, haha. Keep on cranking.
That just looks soo
pimp.gif
I purchased a Specalized Hardrockback in '07 I think with the intentions of trying out mountain biking and never went
eyes.gif
Never really had some1 to go with, and was so unsure exactly how to"ride" to go myself. Hopefully 1 day I'll eventaully try it out

quote: "those profile crank arms look
pimp.gif
must be brand new"

They're actually AC cranks, but they look just like old school Profile's. It has the Profile hop-up kit though. The pics were taken by the guy thatactually built the bike before I bought it. He never rode it! Since I've had it, it's been in 2.5 bike parties. The ".5" is because the crankcame loose and I didn't have my tools at my house, so I swapped it for the OM and kept ridin. The hubs are sealed AC's too and spin shmooove. Nice tosee there's other bikes besides the fixies. On long rides, it's kinda nice to be able to coast, ya know? Anybody else here ride the San Jose BikeParty? It's the *$#!

Originally Posted by YuraS718

That just looks soo
pimp.gif
I purchased a Specalized Hardrock back in '07 I think with the intentions of trying out mountain biking and never went
eyes.gif
Never really had some1 to go with, and was so unsure exactly how to "ride" to go myself. Hopefully 1 day I'll eventaully try it out
Just look up the trails in your area online and there should be a map out of it. try getting one of your friends into it and you guys can goexplore together.

I actually just started Mountain biking in the beginning of summer and it is awesome. Got a Trek 4300 hardtail. Just getting away from the city for a fewhours and hitting the trails is
pimp.gif
plus it's great exercise &it's really challenging depending on the trail. A good, free way to have fun + see some great scenary

Back
Top Bottom