Post Your Bikes...

took the honjo fenders off, was getting to be too heavy to lug around.

2v80ide.jpg

294kio7.jpg

i have to get me some mustache bars for my Nishiki...i like them better than drops

this thread is funny because its obvious alot of these bikes are owned by what are called hype beast

yea stache bars are awesome... i love how road levers look on em. Even though im running fixed.

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

i have to get me some mustache bars for my Nishiki...i like them better than drops

this thread is funny because its obvious alot of these bikes are owned by what are called hype beast
explain this last statement if you may.

Nice thread btw. With the weather getting nice again I desperately want a new bike. I'm hoping to find some garage sales that I can get a deal from.
Question for all you that put more time into your bikes, is there any special reason why people switch out the spokes, wheels, handle bars etc.?

xnw0ew.jpg

What are those bars? I've been looking for something like that this week for my mtb - I'm trying to set it up a little more like a cruiser just forrunning errands and stuff. I already took my spds off and fitted flat pedals. Just want something a little different from riser bars.

Ideally in black. Thanks.

I been looking for a new bmx bike... But they still pretty expensive... If anyone comes across for less than 200 shoot me a pm...

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Nice thread btw. With the weather getting nice again I desperately want a new bike. I'm hoping to find some garage sales that I can get a deal from.
Question for all you that put more time into your bikes, is there any special reason why people switch out the spokes, wheels, handle bars etc.?
because the majority of these bikes are fixed gear and look like they are never really rode. They also have the typical look of the type of dudethat rides his bike more because its instyle than anything else. They start popping up around this time of year w/ their clean shiny bikes, new Chrome bag,vans, and dry denim (probably also a fitted on).

Got this from an old boss. Beautiful bike, rides smooth too

2yobpmr.jpg

Frame:
giuseppe limongi track

Handlebars and Stem:
soma major taylor, mavic stem

Front wheel:
mavic laced to campagnolo record

Rear wheel:

Crankset and Bottom bracket:

campagnolo record cranks

Saddle and Seat Post:
turbo saddle

Pedals and Chain:
benotto pedals

Cog/Gearing et cetera:
cinelli lugs

Originally Posted by Ninjasonik

Got this from an old boss. Beautiful bike, rides smooth too

2yobpmr.jpg

Frame:
giuseppe limongi track

Handlebars and Stem:
soma major taylor, mavic stem

Front wheel:

Rear wheel:

Crankset and Bottom bracket:

campagnolo record cranks

Saddle and Seat Post:
turbo saddle

Pedals and Chain:
benotto pedals

Cog/Gearing et cetera:
cinelli lugs
Awesome classic frame. Looks great with the chrome forks.

You need bar tape asap though.

Edit:

Anyone remember the small thread I made a few weeks back about getting a bike? Well i ended up getting an new 08 Bianchi Pista for 540 last weeks. I'll getpics up soon after some upgrades, (mainly pedals, clips and straps). I absolutely love the drop bars... I haul major butt on the drops, Spinclass at the localgym for 2 years did me well
laugh.gif

Aright, so I googled Mustache Bars and that gave some interesting results.

Found those Nitto ones but they're pretty expensive - they do come in 25.4 too though.

That Tiki bar looks pretty good though - black would look a lot better.

Shame it only comes in 26.0 - this one is available in 25.4 though:

spaceBar.jpg

how much did you guys pay to make your fixed gear bikes? Im in the area on trying to make my own to mess around during summer. Im not looking for anythingfancy, maybe just something cheap and simple jsut to start off

That one is pretty good. Looks a pretty good shape.

can't decide what to do with my brakes and shifters though with those bars - they're Shimano mtb ones obviously. I considered switching to cable discsso I could run road levers but it's all getting a bit expensive.

I could probably just fit the original ones (with a little metal work to make them fit) just before the curve which would work okay.

Maybe.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

because the majority of these bikes are fixed gear and look like they are never really rode. They also have the typical look of the type of dude that rides his bike more because its instyle than anything else. They start popping up around this time of year w/ their clean shiny bikes, new Chrome bag, vans, and dry denim (probably also a fitted on).
ohwell.gif
I like black authentics and fitteds
ohwell.gif

But I see your point. I still would like to know why some people switch the parts on their bike. Just curious

061507_schwinn.jpg

is it just me or is a bike similar to the one above extremely fast? I remember riding one and thinking it is so much faster than the 21 speed I owned at thetime.

Awesome. This thread popped up again!

I've been meeting up with some locals around here in San Diego for Tuesday night rides and it's been kicking my $#%.
laugh.gif
I hadn't really ridden much distance since I'm not from the area butI've been riding about 20 miles every Tuesday night.

Can anyone recommend a chrome fork? I'm using the stock Bianchi fork and it's terrible.

Back
Top Bottom