\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

oh my

Where's dude that said to let him know if my work ever got a TT Supra?

Someone offered to trade us a 6 speed TT 94 Supra for our Datsun 240z drag car 
nerd.gif

nerd.gif
Pics of said Datsun?...

nerd.gif
Pics of said Datsun?...
df1d246ea5_800.jpg

it's got a built small block Chevy on Nitrous

And it's registered in CA til 2016, the slicks are DOT approved 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Someone offered to trade us a 6 speed TT 94 Supra for our Datsun 240z drag car :nerd:

Pics of said Datsun?...

Someone offered to trade us a 6 speed TT 94 Supra for our Datsun 240z drag car :nerd:

Pics of said Datsun?...
df1d246ea5_800.jpg

it's got a built small block Chevy on Nitrous
And it's registered in CA til 2016, the slicks are DOT approved :lol:  

That thing is ******* beautiful...

NT fam, I need some opinions. So as you might remember, I'm having a hell of a time sourcing tires for my Lightning. The cheapest ones I've found locally are $330 each, and the store is only showing 2 tires in their warehouse, they aren't sure if they can get 2 more :smh:. Other places want $380+ per tire. :x

So, another option I have is I found a set of 20's that are somewhat close to me (about 2 hours away). Only issue is I'm not really sure if they suit the truck or not. They're a 5 spoke design, same as the stockers, but chunkier. They're also pretty much brand new, and only $700. So, right now my options are to blow $1500 on some tires, which is crazy, or get these wheels and tires that are pretty much brand new, for less than half the price.

Opinions on the wheels would be helpful.

Stock Wheels (18s)

My terrible photochop (Concept 20s)

They don't look bad, but I'm just not sure. If they were closer, I'd just drive over and try one on to see, but the wheels are a 2 hour ferry ride away ($70 one way) so I gotta be sure about these. I really don't want to sink $1500 in tires into the truck, cuz as y'all have probably noticed, I buy and sell vehicles pretty often, and that would cut into my profits on this one.

Thoughts?

Why don't you buy tires online? Tire rack has hankoooks in your size for $200/tire and tire buyer has nittos for $220/tire.

Doing the right call man

Okay guys H&R or eibach lowering springs which would you guys throw on your car?
Reading numerous threads on diff car brand forums, it seems like the Eibachs add a little of both a decent drop & performance, while H&R's just slam your whip.

250caddy 250caddy you gotta just buy new tires bruh. Those 20s were hideous. Lol

Reading numerous threads on diff car brand forums, it seems like the Eibachs add a little of both a decent drop & performance, while H&R's just slam your whip.

On my Wk1 SRT the eibachs gave a nice drop without going too far and messing up driveability. Funny. H&R for my old wk1 srt didnt provide much of a drop at all.

The drop kits vary from car to car. Its best to go on a forum for your car and see what other people are doing and go from there.

Purchased this on Monday. '06 CLS55 AMG with 68k. My first German vehicle...been spoiled by the low cost of maintenance of Toyota and Lexus. Pray for me yall :lol:

Looks better in the light

Fire. Congrats. Just throw some tints on it and no extra stuff.

I'm in Canada my dude. After adding for duty and shipping, I'm back to what the local prices here are.

How close are you to the border? Is it possible to have them shipped somewhere close by, drive over and then toss them in the back of your bed?

295/45/18. TireRack only has one option, Hankooks for $200 a piece. The only companies I know that still make tires in this size is Nitto, Goodyear, Hankook, Toyo, and one other I can't remember at the moment. Finding stock is another issue.

One problem though: I'm in Canada. So once I figure in shipping, duty, and the exchange rate, I'm right back to over $300 a tire. Oh Canada :smh: :x
:lol: . I really don't want to go down that road......
Why don't you buy tires online? Tire rack has hankoooks in your size for $200/tire and tire buyer has nittos for $220/tire.

discounttiredirect is the best place to buy tires online. always free shipping and no tax.  also lots of the tires on there have mail in rebates.

and if you live near an Americas Tires location they will mount and balance them for free for buying them from the site

How close are you to the border? Is it possible to have them shipped somewhere close by, drive over and then toss them in the back of your bed?
Nope. I'm on an island, so it's a $75 ferry ride to get to the mainland, then a hour drive to the border.

I just don't see any easy way outta this, just gotta bite the bullet.

Why not play with tire sizes and look for a more common size?

say run 285/40

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...h=255/&rearRatio=40&rearDiameter=17&zip-code=

those goodyears are going for $150. Might have a slight stretch or it might not. What's the width of you wheels?
Wheels are 9.5" wide. It's already got a lot of tire gap, 285/40 would just make it larger. It is what it is. Waiting on a local tire shop to call me back on Tuesday, they're running a buy 3 get 1 free deal. If they can find me 4 matching tires in the correct size I'm just gonna do it.

285 would fit just fine on a 9.5" wheel with no stretch I think.
I'm gonna run 285s on my 10" wheels once they come in

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom