\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

NSW got done 2 months ago 130 in a 60 zone so on the spot license canceled and 3 months plates confiscated
yeah that sucks. i'm in WA so we can have radar and laser defence systems installed. so far so good with the exception of doing 180 in a 110 but the copper was good enough to bring it down to about 150 so it was just the maximum points and 1k fine... was lucky.

So I've come to the decision of getting an S2000 (preferably an early model AP2) and I'll be trading in my car that I'm making payments on. This is speaking in terms of a few months since I currently owe 8700 with monthly payments of 340. How exactly does the whole process work and how can I make it as easy as possibly on me financially? Thanks NT fam.

So I've come to the decision of getting an S2000 (preferably an early model AP2) and I'll be trading in my car that I'm making payments on. This is speaking in terms of a few months since I currently owe 8700 with monthly payments of 340. How exactly does the whole process work and how can I make it as easy as possibly on me financially? Thanks NT fam.
A lot of factors are going to be involved but first you need to find out if you're under water with your trade. What is it? year/make/model/miles/options

Next what is the car you're looking to purchase? year/make/model/miles/options

Last edited:
They really aren't but ok, old V8 numbers were actually estimated lower for insurance reasons.

Id put money that if you put any of those cars on a dyno they aren't making over 300 wheel HP.

RWD isn't always the answer but FWD damn sure isn't :lol:

Depends on how old you're talking. V8s in the 60s-70s were underrated but V8s from the 80s-90s were only making 200-300hp.

not knocking the fact that people cant / wont get the M used like i did for 40ish K , im just saying if youre going to spend 35-40k and you want brand new then please get yourself a brand new lexus is / infiniti q , or hell if you love ford get yourself a badass 4 door pickup with a v8 for that same 35-40k but seriously reevaluate this 35-40 freaking bands for a FOCUS! nevermind the ford badge , but a FOCUS 

Sigh

I have a inner big boy child like in me, you make a lot of sense

A used M3 isn't a big deal I mean I saw one guy in here post a new M3 or M4 it was

I think id easily take this new 2016 Focus RS over a used M3 personally. New BMW prob not but way diff price.

If you actually look at the specs on this car (and looks good imo) if you want used M3 over this its all personal choice I guess. I always had a thing for hot hatches. Most ppl/dudes would not pick STI or RS over used M3 im well aware to each their own both have better reliability and great fun factor. I'm thinking my max is gonna be 40k even a new Audi S3 prob hits for over an screw used now in my new position I'll get new or lease or trade in when I want another car.

Again you are making sense but sounds so cheesy when you say 35-40k for a Focus lmao ppl think that about STI also but super popular on tri state /New England. Ppl know it's not that reg model man.

Last edited:
Need suggestions. Currently have a VW Tiguan that I am going to trade, wife hates it, She's going to keep our other car a VW CC. So I am going to be driving the new car. Need something spacious, cargo room, decent on gas, and can fit in a garage, so no trucks. Any ideas?

Need suggestions. Currently have a VW Tiguan that I am going to trade, wife hates it, She's going to keep our other car a VW CC. So I am going to be driving the new car. Need something spacious, cargo room, decent on gas, and can fit in a garage, so no trucks. Any ideas?

Price range?

Did not expect this.......

A lot of factors are going to be involved but first you need to find out if you're under water with your trade. What is it? year/make/model/miles/options

Next what is the car you're looking to purchase? year/make/model/miles/options
Well currently I have a really good 2005 Civic Ex with 137xxx, it's in excellent condition. But I'm going for a Honda S2000 as my next car. Miles I'm not too big on due to the fact that typically a lot of the ones sold in my area are babies and have less than 100k. Usually price range is 11k-19k. I estimated the value of my car if I was to go trade it in right now at maybe 3k. I'm definitely paying off more of the car but by the time I owe around 2700-3300 I'll be looking into the market.

Sigh

A used M3 isn't a big deal I mean I saw one guy in here post a new M3 or M4 it was

I think id easily take this new 2016 Focus RS over a used M3 personally. New BMW prob not but way diff price.

If you actually look at the specs on this car (and looks good imo) if you want used M3 over this its all personal choice I guess. I always had a thing for hot hatches. Most ppl/dudes would not pick STI or RS over used M3 im well aware to each their own both have better reliability and great fun factor. I'm thinking my max is gonna be 40k even a new Audi S3 prob hits for over an screw used now in my new position I'll get new or lease or trade in when I want another car.

Again you are making sense but sounds so cheesy when you say 35-40k for a Focus lmao ppl think that about STI also but super popular on tri state /New England. Ppl know it's not that reg model man.
If you're buying a car to satisfy or impress others, you are doing it wrong. If you like the RS, and love how it drives when you get to that point, that should be enough. Buying cars to badge floss is just lame.

Didn't watch it but he/she is probably right.

Please don't buy an STi, leave it other uninformed people to grab them off the lot. There's an Evo still being produced or that AMG CLA that can hold good power straight out of the factory. Or the Focus RS. All promising vehicles in the same price range.

Leave the STi. Thanks

How do you feel about New Mustangs? 5.0?

One of my good friends just got this. Thing moves! I love the recaro seats since they hug you and the stiching on the inside is very nice. Didn't really push it since he just got it and didn't even have 100 miles on it but once its broken in we'll be taking it out on a proper drive.

So I've come to the decision of getting an S2000 (preferably an early model AP2) 
Buy an AP1. Thank me later.

Preferably you want the 02 or 03 for a few updates, but nothing wrong with 00-01. either way, they are better than the AP2 and more fun, i promise you

Well currently I have a really good 2005 Civic Ex with 137xxx, it's in excellent condition. But I'm going for a Honda S2000 as my next car. Miles I'm not too big on due to the fact that typically a lot of the ones sold in my area are babies and have less than 100k. Usually price range is 11k-19k. I estimated the value of my car if I was to go trade it in right now at maybe 3k. I'm definitely paying off more of the car but by the time I owe around 2700-3300 I'll be looking into the market.
Yeah I would honestly pay as much of the car off as you can, I might even pay it completely off and keep it, nothing like having the title to a car and being able to do whatever you want with I, especially considering you'll only get about 3k for it on trade if you're lucky. Also I hope you financed somewhere that reports so it will help your credit, I have a feeling you'll need some cash down because most S2Ks are probably priced over book value. 

Sigh

You on pain meds bro? You aren't even making sense
laugh.gif

A Focus and a M3 aren't even in the same class to begin with for starters, cant compare an AWD hatch to a RWD coupe... For under $40k I think it would be hard to find a better all around car than the E90/92 M3.

Yeah I would honestly pay as much of the car off as you can, I might even pay it completely off and keep it, nothing like having the title to a car and being able to do whatever you want with I, especially considering you'll only get about 3k for it on trade if you're lucky. Also I hope you financed somewhere that reports so it will help your credit, I have a feeling you'll need some cash down because most S2Ks are probably priced over book value. 
A lot of this. It'll be hard/almost impossible to find financing for a s2000 just due to how old it is, and how pricey they are now for their age.

Sigh

You on pain meds bro? You aren't even making sense :lol:

A Focus and a M3 aren't even in the same class to begin with for starters, cant compare an AWD hatch to a RWD coupe... For under $40k I think it would be hard to find a better all around car than the E90/92 M3.

I think he is in a place like many of us have been in the past where we want something because its nice but it might not be the best thing for us. The RS would be good for the winters in the North east, plenty of power, its a new car so it will have a warranty and like he said he is into hot hatches.

The M3 is a great car but out of warranty expenses will start to add up and TBH there really isnt enough space to really enjoy a car like that up here. You get it up to 110 and by that point you will be running into a bunch of traffic.

03 Ap1 >>>>>>

9k revs :smokin

Don't launch it though cause your differential will break :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom