\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Altezza :pimp:

Do you guys see the prices of Turbo 997s PDK dropping at all with the new 911s all being Turbo?
Hard to tell.  Really depends on what Porsche does.  If they release a manual transmission on their high end 911s (GT3, GT3RS, etc.) as some have speculated, you'll see a lot of owners offload their 997 and the price will most likely come down.  In addition, the 992 is on the horizon which means the 997 will be two generations behind.

Most likely, you'll see the 997 come down a bit in price, remain stable and then most likely go back up over time.

997 prices are stable across the board.

Nelson: the wheels look good. Get some HRE sport springs installed ASAP.

Do you guys see the prices of Turbo 997s PDK dropping at all with the new 911s all being Turbo?
Im sure they'll drop, but I don't think too far. Older Porsches seem to always go for more in the long run. New P's are going turbo, but theres word the 992 might be a hybrid.

Hard to tell.  Really depends on what Porsche does.  If they release a manual transmission on their high end 911s (GT3, GT3RS, etc.) as some have speculated, you'll see a lot of owners offload their 997 and the price will most likely come down.  In addition, the 992 is on the horizon which means the 997 will be two generations behind.

Most likely, you'll see the 997 come down a bit in price, remain stable and then most likely go back up over time.

Im sure they'll drop, but I don't think too far. Older Porsches seem to always go for more in the long run. New P's are going turbo, but theres word the 992 might be a hybrid.

Thanks! I am fairly new to the Porsche realm. But after riding in a few, I am sold on this being my first true sports car. It's just so hard picking which 911 is perfect for me, since there are so many different combos.

Edit: it was supposed to be the M3. I think I even PM's Nelson about his when he had it for sale. But things came up that I couldn't financially commit. If I didn't live in the Bay Area, I think I could of gotten one long time ago :x

Last edited:
Thanks! I am fairly new to the Porsche realm. But after riding in a few, I am sold on this being my first true sports car. It's just so hard picking which 911 is perfect for me, since there are so many different combos.

Edit: it was supposed to be the M3. I think I even PM's Nelson about his when he had it for sale. But things came up that I couldn't financially commit. If I didn't live in the Bay Area, I think I could of gotten one long time ago
sick.gif
I'm in the exact same boat as you brother.  I was actually looking at the E92 M3s a while back and keeping conversations with Nelson about his experience.  Then I went to a Porsche driving experience and that changed everything.  

After driving a Porsche, I can tell you there's really no other car that can compare.  I've driven american, Japanese and just the way the Porsche is so balanced, refined...it's by far as perfect of a car you can get.  IMO.  Sure you can buy Ferraris and Lambos but those care are money pits to maintain.  

I actually live in the Bay Area too (cost of living out here is out of control right now) and was pretty close to pulling the trigger on a 991 but i held off since I got into MBA school and I'm looking to make a home purchase.  Hopefully, a few more years and I'll buy myself one.  

BTW, Go Dubs!

Last edited:
So, as you all might remember, a while back I posted about how difficult it was to find tires in the proper staggered size for my 22's that also need to be refinished, and that I was considering going back to the stock 20s since I had more tire options. I managed to find some Nitto's that would work, but since then the black coating on my wheels has been chipping off like crazy, and the 22's are looking TERRIBLE. Stopped by the local powder coater, and he basically told me he didn't want anything to do with working on my wheels, looks like they were originally chrome, and whoever painted them didn't properly paint them, so I'd have to strip off both the paint AND the chrome in order to get them properly powder coated, which would be a crazy amount of money to do :x . So, powdercoating these is out for the moment.

So, I'm left with either trying to get these 22's painted by a body shop, buying a set of chrome 22's locally that have new tires, or buying a pair of freshly powdercoated black 20's and getting tires for them. After looking more closely at my stock 20's, the chrome is pitting in some areas, so right now I'm stuck with 2 pairs of messed up wheels that both need tires, what a mess :smh:

Anyways, enough with the rambling, here's my question. Has anyone had a bodyshop paint a set of wheels, and if so, how did they hold up, especially during winter? I just want a clean set of wheels for my truck without spending a ridiculous amount of money, riding around on thrashed wheels is killing me inside :smh:

So, as you all might remember, a while back I posted about how difficult it was to find tires in the proper staggered size for my 22's that also need to be refinished, and that I was considering going back to the stock 20s since I had more tire options. I managed to find some Nitto's that would work, but since then the black coating on my wheels has been chipping off like crazy, and the 22's are looking TERRIBLE. Stopped by the local powder coater, and he basically told me he didn't want anything to do with working on my wheels, looks like they were originally chrome, and whoever painted them didn't properly paint them, so I'd have to strip off both the paint AND the chrome in order to get them properly powder coated, which would be a crazy amount of money to do :x . So, powdercoating these is out for the moment.

So, I'm left with either trying to get these 22's painted by a body shop, buying a set of chrome 22's locally that have new tires, or buying a pair of freshly powdercoated black 20's and getting tires for them. After looking more closely at my stock 20's, the chrome is pitting in some areas, so right now I'm stuck with 2 pairs of messed up wheels that both need tires, what a mess :smh:

Anyways, enough with the rambling, here's my question. Has anyone had a bodyshop paint a set of wheels, and if so, how did they hold up, especially during winter? I just want a clean set of wheels for my truck without spending a ridiculous amount of money, riding around on thrashed wheels is killing me inside :smh:

Do yourself the favor and go back to the 20's

Sorry about your troubles. I've known plenty of people that have had wheels painted without issue. None that I know of were chrome originally and I believe there's extra prep work needed when spraying over chrome.

I've heard that most powder coating places can bead blast chrome wheels and then powder coat them.  Much easier and cheaper than having chrome stripped

There's 3 different g wagons I've seen in my general area. All 3 of the those folks drive like straight a holes.

Is this the general consensus or coincidence lol?

G Wagon?  They're an overrated overpriced fashion trend for rich guys wives.  Much better SUVs out there for less $$

Most of the appeal is the fact that I can pay $55k or $60k today and get most of that back when it comes time to sell in a year or two. Not interested in leasing or financing, unless I can get a killer deal on an X5M, and even then I'm not so sure I would want to deal with the payment.

Most of the appeal is the fact that I can pay $55k or $60k today and get most of that back when it comes time to sell in a year or two. Not interested in leasing or financing, unless I can get a killer deal on an X5M, and even then I'm not so sure I would want to deal with the payment.

The G500/G55 are pretty different suspension wise from the G550/G63. The interior is different as well. They will hold their value, but the cost to maintain is kind of high. Just make sure you test drive one cause man the G55 rides really really really rough compared to the G63 which is now much more plush and smooth. You'll feel every nook and cranny in the streets.

One of my friend's neighbors is a cop and told their family they don't need even need a front plate (which is officially illegal here)

All of the windows on all their cars are 0% I've personally never heard of anyone getting a ticket for tint either

Back
Top Bottom