\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

nthat.gif
4.0 liters with red line at 9K rpm.  20% more downforce than previous generation with no coefficient drag penalty.  Porsche = best car manufacturer in the world, absolute brilliance from the Germans once again.
i been trying to tell yall
I've never wanted something so bad.
mannnnn

Last edited:
Anybody have experiencing cutting/polishing by machine themselves? Winter was rough on my car. I want to put cquartz on my car to protect the paint and make washing easier but it requires that the paint be perfect before applying. 

Thoughts? Seems easy enough if you take your time. 
Don't most places that offer c-quartz & opticoat also offer paint correction before installation?

Don't most places that offer c-quartz & opticoat also offer paint correction before installation?
I was planning on putting on the cquartz on myself. cquartz finest is what shops apply themselves. The paint has to be immaculate before application so thats why they charge out the ***. 

Oh damn, good luck with that lol. If its cheap & easy enough to where if you mess you can correct or reapply it, I say go for it. Otherwise I'd just let a shop do it.

Oh damn, good luck with that lol. If its cheap & easy enough to where if you mess you can correct or reapply it, I say go for it. Otherwise I'd just let a shop do it.
Meh, shouldn't be too hard. The over the counter cquartz is meant for self installation. Apply, let dry, wipe off. Just like wax......hopefully

So I got this black car and it's got hella swirls. I've been looking at detailers in the area and they're charging like $200-$250 for an exterior only detail (wash, clay, polish, and wax). Is that about the price range I should be expecting?

That seems a bit cheap for all that work imo. Look at the persons previous work and that will tell you how good of a job they do. For the amount of hours it will take especially on a black car where every little detail is visible I would say 400-500 is more reasonable but depends on the detailer. Make sure the person uses a 2 bucket method so they don't introduce more swirls when first washing the car. Also using iron x or any kind of iron remover before claying is a plus.

Anybody have experiencing cutting/polishing by machine themselves? Winter was rough on my car. I want to put cquartz on my car to protect the paint and make washing easier but it requires that the paint be perfect before applying. 

Do you have a random orbital polisher? Watch some youtube videos and start on a small section before doing the entire car. What kind of cutting/polisher are you going to use? Meguars m105/205, chemical guys v36/38? There's a ton of them out there. I've never applied cquartz but thought about doing it after all my wax runs out.

There are a zillion detailing videos out there as well but Larry has some of the best ones out there.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AMMONYCdotcom/videos

Also if you have time and want to read up on some tips/question and see other detailers work this forum is a great place under detailers library.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/forum.php

Last edited:
Been on the phone all day trying to find a dealer who will take a deposit. Mark my words I will own that car.

I've never wanted something so bad.
eek.gif

Looks like I have a new life goal. Don't know how imma get there.

Nelson was right months ago. Takes a true enthusiast to love these cars. Lambos are nice but are loud. Porche is just too clean

I'll be perfectly happy with the first gen 991 next year when the values tank thanks to these new ones hitting the market 
pimp.gif

Been on the phone all day trying to find a dealer who will take a deposit. Mark my words I will own that car.

I have already tried this literally throughout the USA. Some dealers are telling me 25k over. Some are saying 50k, I even made a post on rennlist about it because I want to pay sticker and not a penny more. I am on lists regardless but still with a build that's likely 14-16 months away from production (then another 3 months waiting after that). Some people have suggested searching in Canada and importing the car if I want it that bad, so please let me know what you find!! I am in absolute love with the car but for 25-50k market adjustment over msrp I'll be getting a 570s

Wrong. You get those MSDs back but now if your financing then that's throwing money away unless your getting one of these appreciating Porsches and such. I rather tie my money up then throw it away.

:pimp: at that stick Porsche video posted

Please don't say things like that on here, its different from person to person. Financing is not throwing money away, it's giving you an opportunity to leverage your liquid cash instead of buying something that depreciates outright. So long as you have good credit.

Same goes for MSD's. I wouldn't expect someone without entrepreneurial thirst to understand, but there are people out there who could make the money pay out way more than saving 100 bucks a month on a lease.

Last edited:
I have already tried this literally throughout the USA. Some dealers are telling me 25k over. Some are saying 50k, I even made a post on rennlist about it because I want to pay sticker and not a penny more. I am on lists regardless but still with a build that's likely 14-16 months away from production (then another 3 months waiting after that). Some people have suggested searching in Canada and importing the car if I want it that bad, so please let me know what you find!! I am in absolute love with the car but for 25-50k market adjustment over msrp I'll be getting a 570s

Production numbers haven't been announced so no one knows what allocation is looking like. I do have an in, but it's going to require me trading in my car for a terribly low amount and leasing a Macan/Cayenne/Panamera to then trade in on the GT3 when it's delivered. And that's if they even have enough allocation to slot me in.

Can anyone do me a kindness and run a Carfax? Somehow our account is down and guy wants a carfax for the 911 Turbo he's buying tomorrow. Lemme know if you can and I'll send you Vin or plate number.

Seems a little high to me. Depends on the car ofcourse but I think you can find better. Granted this coming from me where my guy did my last car for $120 and a plate of arroz con pollo.

My buddy at work gave me a clay bar and spray that he had left over. I think I might try to detail for the first time. I'm just worried I'll f it up some how and be pissed when I'm done.
It's not too bad. I saw great results the first time I clayed my car.

Claying is easy to do yourself. Look into clay sponges or the clay disc makes things alot easier.

If your car is in good shape just do a light polish after then wax, seal ,or coat. If you are new to claying you will probably introduce some mild marring.

What polisher do you have? Porter cable, griots garage, rupes etc?

Lost of polishes and pads to choose from.
You should go over to autogeek and do some searching. Tons of info there.
Most coatings are easy to apply. Imo easier than waxing.

I coated my car with pinnacle black label a few yrs ago. Time to reapply.
I have all these high dollar waxes just sitting around now.

Last edited:
Has any ever got their car steam washed?

was thinking about picking up a steam cleaner so i can do washes in the garage during the cold months

Funny, I was just thinking about that this morning - and how if they use salt on the roads where you are that it's a bad idea. Salt doesn't dissolve well in cold water so rinsing your car off with that works well. If you do it with warm water it dissolves and works its way into things.

Steam is great for cleaning greasy things but I wouldn't do more than that.

You should really look into importing from Canada, the USD vs CAD conversion is fluctuating at .30 cents on the dollar, might be worth it. 

Back
Top Bottom