-Roush decklid

-Black Emblem pack from CJPP

-GT350R Steering Wheel

-GT350 Push Start button

-MGW X-Spec Low Profile short shifter

-Raceseng custom Ashiko knob

-Project 6gr-5's 20x10/20x11

-Continental Extremecontact Sports 285/35/20 315/35/20

Don't have current numbers as of right now since I don't have access to a dyno atm

:smokin

Are the Volkswagen GTI still known for bad transmissions? Because I sorta want one lol I need another manual

Are the Volkswagen GTI still known for bad transmissions? Because I sorta want one lol I need another manual

From what I understand, the DSG can handle more power.

I think if you plan to go Stage 2 you'll need a new clutch.

Last edited:
Almost a year since I sold my 2004 M3 for my 2016 Mustang GT

Mod List include:
-Mishimoto Oil Separator

-Mishimoto CAI

-Corsa Xtreme Catback Exhaust

-Stainless Power Catted Long Tube Headers

-Lund Tune

-Steeda Progressives

-Roush quarter window and side scoops

-Roush decklid

-GT350R Steering Wheel

-GT350 Push Start button

Don't have current numbers as of right now since I don't have access to a dyno atm

I'd guess 400-410 at most. I have a friend with a similar setup and he's at 399 whp.

thoughts on the upcoming 2018 golf r?

are volkswagens still known for their faulty electrical?

Love my Golf R to death.

From what I understand, the DSG can handle more power.

I think if you plan to go Stage 2 you'll need a new clutch.

If you're going stage 2 or beyond, cop the DSG. DSG transmission on mk7 Rs and GTIs are pretty much bullet proof.

-Drew

Last edited:
My thoughts are try to find a used 2017 so you dont eat depreciation and wait for the Mk 8 R, which we should see within the next 3 years. You will not be disappointed with a Golf R regardless once it's tuned.
If you want a manual look elsewhere. But if you go DSG, I highly doubt you'll miss rowing your own.

My thoughts are try to find a used 2017 so you dont eat depreciation and wait for the Mk 8 R, which we should see within the next 3 years. You will not be disappointed with a Golf R regardless once it's tuned.

If you want a manual look elsewhere. But if you go DSG, I highly doubt you'll miss rowing your own.

If i do buy one, youre saying DSG is better than the 6spd? thats a hard sell for me, ive driven nothing but manual for the last 15 years.

Almost a year since I sold my 2004 M3 for my 2016 Mustang GT

Mod List include:
-Mishimoto Oil Separator

-Mishimoto CAI

-Corsa Xtreme Catback Exhaust

-Stainless Power Catted Long Tube Headers

-Lund Tune

-Steeda Progressives

-Roush quarter window and side scoops

-Roush decklid

-GT350R Steering Wheel

-GT350 Push Start button

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

If i do buy one, youre saying DSG is better than the 6spd? thats a hard sell for me, ive driven nothing but manual for the last 15 years.

He's not lying. The DSGs on the mk7s will not disappoint. I was in the same boat as you months ago.

-Drew

Huracan performante is a deal.

ohwell.gif
 About to make me start a GoFundMe

If you're going stage 2 or beyond, cop the DSG. DSG transmission on mk7 Rs and GTIs are pretty much bullet proof.
They'll handle 500hp without issue. You'll probably want a DSG tune to increase clamping pressure at over stock levels, though.

Currently have about 20k on mine daily'd, APR Stage 2 ECU/TCU. Hasn't missed a beat, and ZERO issues.

Last edited:
Been working on this a little bit everyday since I got it...Still needs a few things here and there, such as removing the tint and sidemolding, but its getting to where I want it...Just added a Spoon N1 exhaust to go with the Spoon wheels.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/SLOTHismyname/media/C3E28D46-1E23-49AB-8BD7-CE4FE1E080EC.jpg.html
That thing is super clean man! Absolutely love the Spoons. My 2nd and 3rd cars were both EG hatchbacks, one was this exact color!

I can probably dig up pics.

Edit: Found some, circa 06-07

Last edited:
I've been looking at the new civic hatchbacks. They seem pretty cool I like the new grey they're using. Might test drive one since I need a bigger car now

What agency am I going to as a first timer for car insurance? :nerd:
Call around for quotes, ask about what discounts they give including if you get one through your workplace. Everyone will be different due to many factors. When I first started driving geico gave me the best quote surprisingly. They were pretty convenient too until I switched

4Runner was sold. Ended up getting the Jeep $3000 below book value. 2011 Limited with the 5.7 Hemi. Dudes who sold it were mad cool and hooked me up with a good warranty and put $2,000 worth of work into it.

DSG GTI boys checking in

Although I heard nothing but great things about the manual, you will need a new clutch if you do any tuning. Theres multiple cases of it slipping at stage 1 power. 

DSG strikes a perfect balance between spirited driving and comfort driving. Can do both equally as well witht he DSG. 

Buying a limited trim of an old vehicle is pretty wasteful

And the fact it needed 2k worth of work 5 years in is disheartening but i hope it holds up for you. If you live where snow is a concern and certaintly isnt anymore. As long as its warrantyd tho you should be good money

Back
Top Bottom