\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

probably going to take a coding class next semester. Just wondering what you all think would be something you'd like to see in a car app or just something you wished was out there but isn't?

After spending years saying I was gong to I think I'm finally going to try building an app in my spare time.

B9326F77-F268-4675-8E0E-615C62C45AE1.jpeg
EFE36DD3-7810-44A5-A0FF-5843C8627606.jpeg
My luck just continues with my subie. :smh:

Mice or a squirrel found my engine bay to be warm spot. Crazy because I daily my sti and today I started her up to drive the post office. On the way home CEL came on. Looked it up, and popped the hood to find this. Chewed up the sensor line to the evap system. Luckily I was close to my dealership so I left her there. Even though my service department is terrible. No loaners, no one could look at it today, and no word on pricing, and attitudes.

Damn how far was the next closest one? I can't stand attitudes from people in service based jobs

That sucks. Hope they can get it figured out and running soon.

Weekend project completed with my Dad. StopTech front BBK install on my NSX. My first time tackling a break project. It was definitely a challenge, but it was fun. Toughest part was installing ARP extended studs onto the front hub to accommodate spacers and my 18 inch Work Meister's. Unfortunately my 10mm front spacer with wheels won't clear the BBK so I had to order a 15mm today. I'll post up some pics when i get the spacers and wheels installed.

BBK2 by metsn99, on Flickr

BBK1 by metsn99, on Flickr

Weekend project completed with my Dad. StopTech front BBK install on my NSX. My first time tackling a break project. It was definitely a challenge, but it was fun. Toughest part was installing ARP extended studs onto the front hub to accommodate spacers and my 18 inch Work Meister's. Unfortunately my 10mm front spacer with wheels won't clear the BBK so I had to order a 15mm today. I'll post up some pics when i get the spacers and wheels installed.

Damn homie good ****. Super jealous of the NSX, my favorite car ever

Always get a good laugh out of these vids.
Nsx looking dope as always

My panamera hybrid hit 75k miles last week. I think the time has come to sell the car before it becomes unsellable. I went to check out the BMW 530e iPerformance plug in. Just to check out a base model for a nice commuter. Wasn't planning on signing any papers but ended up doing so cause I fell in love. They happened to have a Carbon Black/Ivory White M Sport which is exactly the color combo I would've wanted on my next car. I took it as a sign that I had to do it, and ended up leasing it for 3 years. The packages spiked the price but thankfully have no regrets. They had so many specials going on for the holidays and it made me feel even more comfortable than just the tax rebates i'll be getting.

After one week I've completely fallen in love with the car. I'm debating what to do with my Panamera now as it isn't paid off for another year and a half (and I'm not close to being upside down). Also my 911 has been in service cause the auto start/stop (at lights, not ignition) hasn't been working--and they recommended I do a major serviced based off of years alone even though I only have 25k on it (i knew that was a thing for oil changes but not everything else). They gave me 20% off for Black Friday, so at least there's that. They also tried to charge me 700 for a replacement battery and attributed a dying battery to my start/stop issues. Ended up picking up one from Walmart of all places for 150 and I'm gonna pick up the car and do the install tomorrow.

That's my update for now. I only have a 2 car garage so once the 911 is back I have to move the Panamera out to the driveway, which kinda hurts me. I still love the car and it shows, I ran the miles up on it like crazy. Just trying to figure out what the ideal next move should be considering I don't really have the space to own 3 cars unless one sits outside.

IMG_0351.jpg
IMG_0346.jpg
IMG_0368.jpg

What can cause a car to overheat? I've put water in it and it's still over heating
Check coolant, if you’re low then top up and check for any leaks. While topping up make sure to have the vehicle inclined to prevent any air being trapped in the coolant system since that can cause overheating. A faulty thermostat can not open properly thus reducing coolant from flowing into the block (usually an easy and cheap replacement depending on the vehicle). Make sure your fans are operating and check your radiator for any cracks. Finally check your oil and see if there’s any milky substance in there, if it is then it’s a head gasket issue since oil and coolant are mixing (which explains why you would be low on coolant). You can also take your radiator cap off (of course once the vehicle is cooled down) and look at your coolant for any bubbles forming while the vehicle is idling. Coolant is a closed system so it shouldn’t be going anywhere.

Looks like it’s worse than I thought. Squirrel chewed through the engine wiring harness. Gonna have to go through my insurance now :smh:

So I went to the SF Auto Show. Didn't take pics because...well hell idk why :lol:

But in test driving the Jaguar F-Pace, I have to have one. That supercharged V6 is a runner, the acceleration is great, braking is smooth and all of the gadgets are cool as hell. All for $55k too.

Hope my coils survive it's first winter. Cleaned it, applied antiseize and threw on some sleeves. Canadian winter is harsh. Too much salt on the roads :stoneface:

Anyone with a 07+ WRX have any issues? Wondering how reliable and how bulletproof they are for longevity if I were to decide to get one as it would a DD.

Unsure if to keep my IS300 or to trade it in and get the headache of having a car note, but the piece of mind of not having to worry about a car breaking down for a while would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom