\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

My panamera hybrid hit 75k miles last week. I think the time has come to sell the car before it becomes unsellable. I went to check out the BMW 530e iPerformance plug in. Just to check out a base model for a nice commuter. Wasn't planning on signing any papers but ended up doing so cause I fell in love. They happened to have a Carbon Black/Ivory White M Sport which is exactly the color combo I would've wanted on my next car. I took it as a sign that I had to do it, and ended up leasing it for 3 years. The packages spiked the price but thankfully have no regrets. They had so many specials going on for the holidays and it made me feel even more comfortable than just the tax rebates i'll be getting.

After one week I've completely fallen in love with the car. I'm debating what to do with my Panamera now as it isn't paid off for another year and a half (and I'm not close to being upside down). Also my 911 has been in service cause the auto start/stop (at lights, not ignition) hasn't been working--and they recommended I do a major serviced based off of years alone even though I only have 25k on it (i knew that was a thing for oil changes but not everything else). They gave me 20% off for Black Friday, so at least there's that. They also tried to charge me 700 for a replacement battery and attributed a dying battery to my start/stop issues. Ended up picking up one from Walmart of all places for 150 and I'm gonna pick up the car and do the install tomorrow.

That's my update for now. I only have a 2 car garage so once the 911 is back I have to move the Panamera out to the driveway, which kinda hurts me. I still love the car and it shows, I ran the miles up on it like crazy. Just trying to figure out what the ideal next move should be considering I don't really have the space to own 3 cars unless one sits outside.

IMG_0351.jpg
IMG_0346.jpg
IMG_0368.jpg
Making me want to trade in the F10...

Making me want to trade in the F10...

It’s not that different actually just way more tech than before and a bit quieter.

My 911 is fine now with the Walmart battery. Everything works, but my car actually only had 21k miles so I’m kinda disappointed they made me do a major service (60k) but what’s done is done. Ended up buying a trickle charger from the parts dept so I don’t have any battery drain issues when leaving the car parked over time. It’s a weekend car so it’s recommended. Anyone have experience with these Walmart batteries? Says it’s manufactured by Johnson controls so I’m somewhat confident.

Look up WRX/STI headgasket on google lol
What about ringland failure? I hear those are very common on the ej's.
Tore down the 6.0 should be ready to throw back in soon. Just picked up some cnc trickflow heads

Last edited:
Thanks fellas! My favorite car as well. I appreciate it more every time I work on it.

One day I would LOVE to have one. Was looking into it when my FRS got totaled but it would be a DD and just not practical for me when I may have kids in the next 5 years. Maybe in the future but theyre only going up in price and becoming more rare to find a clean one with decent mileage, so my window may be closing.

Neeed to hit a lick..

Possibility but No real rats in my area. Squirrels yea. So I’m assuming that’s what it was
I think I posted a pic in here when it happened, but a rat managed to get inside my engine bay. It chewed on one of the coolant pipes and got stuck in a fan causing my car to overheat and eventually my radiator damn near exploded :lol:

#NoSalt #RustFree #Florida
rust free my ***, we got hella rain year round and it's always flooding here

Anyone with a 07+ WRX have any issues? Wondering how reliable and how bulletproof they are for longevity if I were to decide to get one as it would a DD.

Unsure if to keep my IS300 or to trade it in and get the headache of having a car note, but the piece of mind of not having to worry about a car breaking down for a while would be nice.

What year IS you pushing?
I got an 01 myself and I am sick and although they are reliable I am getting tired of putting money into it.

At abt 115k now and had to replace the motor in Aug, now I need a new heater core (cost of labor smh).

Hopefully I can find a used g37 coupe in pristine condition. Ive always like those and want a coupe while im single/no kids.

What about ringland failure? I hear those are very common on the ej's.
Tore down the 6.0 should be ready to throw back in soon. Just picked up some cnc trickflow heads
I’ve heard the ringland failure is common on the newer EJ’s. I remember i wanted a Subie but the head gasket issue scared me, along with the price lma

So I went to the SF Auto Show. Didn't take pics because...well hell idk why :lol:

But in test driving the Jaguar F-Pace, I have to have one. That supercharged V6 is a runner, the acceleration is great, braking is smooth and all of the gadgets are cool as hell. All for $55k too.

Good value for sure, but Jaguars are turds.

And I wonder how much FCA paid Motortrend for that plug? What a farce.

That CLS looks sad af.

New Accord is my next whip. Love the interior and fastback design. Taillights are the only thing I dont like about it.

Anyone lease/finance one yet?

So my boys Cobalt SS blew a hole in the block while tuning. He was right at 500 whp when it took a dump. I saw the size of it and my fist could fit into it :lol: He copped an ef hatch with a B18A1 swap and is looking to get into a V8 next. It’s crazy how in about a years time he took it from just under 300 whp to 500.

I got an 01 myself and I am sick and although they are reliable I am getting tired of putting money into it.

At abt 115k now and had to replace the motor in Aug, now I need a new heater core (cost of labor smh).

Hopefully I can find a used g37 coupe in pristine condition. Ive always like those and want a coupe while im single/no kids.
Mine is an 01 also. Just hit 120k this week and I already need valve cover gasket, spark plugs, coilpacks, timing belt, water pump, new belts, not to mention the fading of clear coat......blah.

I was even thinking of trading it for an 07+ 350z, but the majority I find are overpriced, abused, or automatic.

Damn this makes me feel a little better. I was fiending for a 1st gen IS when my car got totaled. Figured after the initial cost of the car I wouldn't have to put much money into it. Sounds like I was probably wrong lol.

Happy with my '17

So my boys Cobalt SS blew a hole in the block while tuning. He was right at 500 whp when it took a dump. I saw the size of it and my fist could fit into it :lol: He copped an ef hatch with a B18A1 swap and is looking to get into a V8 next. It’s crazy how in about a years time he took it from just under 300 whp to 500.
:smh: . At least he has the Civ' tho I personally would've went with a K transplant seeing how thats my fav Honda motor. With the J and underappreciated H following after.

:smh: . At least he has the Civ' tho I personally would've went with a K transplant seeing how thats my fav Honda motor. With the J and underappreciated H following after.
Can’t go wrong with a B though either. Only Ks that mattered to me where the K20A2 and the Z3 in the 8th gen Si. Loved my 09.

Mine is an 01 also. Just hit 120k this week and I already need valve cover gasket, spark plugs, coilpacks, timing belt, water pump, new belts, not to mention the fading of clear coat......blah.

I was even thinking of trading it for an 07+ 350z, but the majority I find are overpriced, abused, or automatic.

The cars 17 years old and has pretty low miles for a car that age, what do you mean already?

All those things you mentioned is standard maintenance at the 100k mark.

Back
Top Bottom