\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

dead stokc dead stokc I daily a '19 and I had a '17 on lease. Day and night difference between the 15'-17' & 18'+ cars.

@crystalmethod I think they'll run the 2.0 from the WRX with different tuning and go with an electric motor in the rear. This is Subaru's 'halo' car so there's some pressure to 'innovate'.
I know they tweaked the suspension a bit, but did they also tweak the tune? I know some RA owners have to be a little mad the 2019's got some of their parts lol.

Looking at some whips from SEMA 05

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_002.jpg
GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_003.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_003a.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_004.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_005.jpg

112_05sema_scion_xa_axis01_z.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_005a.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_006.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_008.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_010.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_009.jpg

0604mt_05_z+sema_2005+lowered_chevy.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_009a.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_014a.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_022.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_023.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_023a.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_024.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_025.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_025a.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_030.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_037.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_038.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_036.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_040.jpg

GaugeMagazine_SEMA_Show_Coverage_042.jpg

htup_0602_01_z%2Bspoon_sports_acura_tl_jdm%2Bside_view.jpg

112_05sema_lincoln_zephyer_rickdore01_z.jpg

112_05sema_2006_kia_sportage_gold02_z.jpg

112_05sema_lincoln_zephyer_rickdore02_z.jpg

112_05sema_acura_rl01_z.jpg

112_05sema_1970Chevelle02_z.jpg

112_05sema_dodge_caliber_rallye01_z1.jpg

112_05sema_leno_deuce01_z.jpg

112_05sema_ralliart01_z.jpg

112_05sema_g6_perf_coupe_z.jpg

112_05sema_scion_xa_futura01_z1.jpg

112_05sema_scion_xb_fredchang01_z1.jpg

112_05sema_shelby_c6_mustang_z.jpg

112_05sema_vw_jetta_z.jpg

112_05sema_madza_mx5_tony01_z.jpg

sema_2005_photo_87.jpg

We came along way.. Especially in the import scene

Last edited:
So someone jacked my Honda stock Accord sport rims today. Was parked in my gated condo garage and had wheels locks and everything but someone came in the other night and left it on a jack and some bricks.

I already got new rims and tires. Anyone have tips on making sure this doesn't happen again? I ordered some third party wheel locks so that it would help at least prolong the next rim jacking. Was thinking about getting an alarm with iPhone integration but I just think this is funny how I have to go out of my way to do this all for Honda rims.

So someone jacked my Honda stock Accord sport rims today. Was parked in my gated condo garage and had wheels locks and everything but someone came in the other night and left it on a jack and some bricks.

I already got new rims and tires. Anyone have tips on making sure this doesn't happen again? I ordered some third party wheel locks so that it would help at least prolong the next rim jacking. Was thinking about getting an alarm with iPhone integration but I just think this is funny how I have to go out of my way to do this all for Honda rims.

You can do 2 things to not prevent but slow down amateurs. If they are complete pros you can kiss em goodbye anyways but get the wheel locks on and get an alarm with the tilt motion sensor.

Good luck to you and hopefully that doesnt happen again!

Accord sport are pretty popular rims to steal for some reason.

I know they tweaked the suspension a bit, but did they also tweak the tune? I know some RA owners have to be a little mad the 2019's got some of their parts lol.

dead stokc dead stokc They changed the throttle mapping. Changed the clutch and/or flywheel - the pedal is so much easier to modulate. There's thicker glass to minimize some of the NVH in the cabin. The '18+ cars have a way, way better radio head unit. The joint in the '15-'17 cars is atrocious - with absolutely horrible sound. Overall just a a far more complete car.

To be fair, the difference between the RA and the STi is kinda minimal in the grand scheme of things. The upcoming S209 is a different beast though, pity that it is limited and has some ugly bodywork. :sick:

Sorry to hear man didn't know stealing rims were still going on.

GTI vs 5.0
Rematch from my last run. Confirmed it’s exhaust and tune, won both the 40 and 60 roll. Video is of the 40 roll.

Looks like a bridge in the bay called the San Mateo bridge.

I lost to a damn GTI the other day, my 2013 MKZ couldn't hang.:lol:

You can do 2 things to not prevent but slow down amateurs. If they are complete pros you can kiss em goodbye anyways but get the wheel locks on and get an alarm with the tilt motion sensor.

Good luck to you and hopefully that doesnt happen again!

I had wheel locks on the car but they must have had the same ones. I went to Honda and asked if they had different wheel locks and they went and checked in the back to see if they had anything different from what I had and they didn't. Not sure how many they had back there but all were the same exact lock I had which means having them on your rims is a total waste of time since I can just get them at the Honda parts store. I ordered two different aftermarket ones though and am getting an alarm Friday which is costing $600.

Accord sport are pretty popular rims to steal for some reason.

What is odd is on Craigslist, they don't even go for that much. I asked Honda what the OEMs went for and they were selling them for $4000 installed! I saw some on Craigslist for $600 no tires but I needed rims asap and got some Honda replicas for $1325 with tires. Looks pretty much the same as the Honda ones but I guess made in China. Who knows.

No cameras in the condo garage? Somethings gotta catch 3-4 dudes carry wheels out and loading them onto a car.

Here's the fishy and dumb thing. Spoke to my building manager today and he said they installed a new DVR last month and it's recording nothing as of now. Still didn't hook it up properly. Makes me feel it could be some inside job but he's some old man that doesn't seem to know much. I probably think it is someone in my building, which totally sucks cause I have to get an alarm and all that just for people that I live with. No way to live man.

My first winter with a black car. Just gonna say I’m glad I signed up for unlimited car washes :lol:. All the salt/dirt etc really shows on black, my other cars were both grey

Accord Sport rims get jacked constantly in NYC. Especially the 16-17 joints

That is what someone told me too cause those were 18" rims in that generation and the ones I have are 19". If my car got jacked outside, I'd sort of give myself the blame but inside my complex? That is a lot of balls to do.

That is what someone told me too cause those were 18" rims in that generation and the ones I have are 19". If my car got jacked outside, I'd sort of give myself the blame but inside my complex? That is a lot of balls to do.
Dudes are savages out here when it comes to Accords. Sorry you had to go thru thay my dude. Condo parking lot better have cameras

Yea around my way those Accords get their wheels stolen and left on cinderblocks all the time.

Another popular car whose wheels get stolen often is the sixth gen Maxima. When I was still in high school I used to work part-time at a small buy here pay here car dealership. In my brief time working there, the two Maximas that were bought at auction to be sold got their wheels stolen off the lot.

Luckily i stay parked in the garage at home & at work. Obviosuly a diff story when im out n about around town but at the same time if im out its usually out shopping where youd think its too busy to be stealing wheels.

Ive only been out of town once so far and we actually stayed in a campground so my car was next to the camp trailer.

I justcant understand why our sport wheels are a hot commodity though :smh:

Back
Top Bottom