\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

the v6 coupe is clean... and with 280 hp its def a sports car

honda haters need to deal... you dont need a v8 or 300hp to be a sports car...

jus sayin

Originally Posted by MMG

God I hate Hondas
laugh.gif

VWs are a lot cooler.

They arent true performance/sport cars. They are just made to give the "average" person/enthusiast a nice, quick option that can give a satisfactory driving experience.

That being said, you can classify them as sport cars IMO, not a true sports car, but just so we can all go to sleep tonight.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

They arent true performance/sport cars. They are just made to give the "average" person/enthusiast a nice, quick option that can give a satisfactory driving experience.

That being said, you can classify them as sport cars IMO, not a true sports car, but just so we can all go to sleep tonight.
laugh.gif

This doesn't sound like an Accord at all. The V6 is 30k and 0-60 is still 7seconds for a coupe with 270hp. The I4 is much, much slower. The coupe also drives as bad as the sedan. It definitely isn't a sports car to my eye, not even close. Maybe a sports coupe but I still consider it a family car just because it has an accessible seats in the back that adults could fit in and it comes in a very sluggish 190hp I4.

/\ your making too much of how slow you think the Accord is... the v6 coupe is faster than a tsx or g25...

def not slow...

jus sayin... hondas fuel effeciency has always been superior but theyre really steppin up their performance game of late...

http://www.zeroto60times.com/

1/4 mile generally listed as well

Originally Posted by RFX45

laugh.gif

This doesn't sound like an Accord at all. The V6 is 30k and 0-60 is still 7seconds for a coupe with 270hp. The I4 is much, much slower. The coupe also drives as bad as the sedan. It definitely isn't a sports car to my eye, not even close. Maybe a sports coupe but I still consider it a family car just because it has an accessible seats in the back that adults could fit in and it comes in a very sluggish 190hp I4.

The average person wont be able to tell and would be more than satisfied with an Accord coupe. Of course its FWD platform isnt going to be nearly as fulfilling to drive as say a G37. But look at the price difference. Like I said, its good enough for the average person who wants a "feel" of a 2 door sports car/coupe. Is that "feel" actually really there? Probably not, but to them its their spirited drive.

And dawg, everything else is gonna be slow to you with that Bimmer you have now.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

/\ your making too much of how slow you think the Accord is... the v6 coupe is faster than a tsx or g25...

def not slow...

jus sayin... hondas fuel effeciency has always been superior but theyre really steppin up their performance game of late...

http://www.zeroto60times.com/

1/4 mile generally listed as well

Considering the G25 is a sedan and is only half a second slower to 60 (7.5 seconds), I say the Accord loses the argument there since they are only ~$2k apart. 
The TSX can't even be compared, that's a Honda as well, pretty much the luxury version of the Accord sedan. So it's slower and has less features, up to you to decide where to go but you're comparing sedans to the coupe.

Plain and simple, the Accord Coupe is slow even with it's V6. The new 328i with turbo 4 at about $4k more does 0-60 in the high 5seconds, some even recorded in the mid 5seconds (5.6secs iirc) and that is a 4 door. I don't think the Accord is slow, I know it is slow. And fuel efficiency shouldn't even be a deciding factor in a sports coupe, more of a perk but if looking for a true sports car, fuel efficiency isn't the priority. 

You want a fast V6 coupe, get a Genesis Coupe for $2k less than the Accord Coupe. Heck even the Turbo 4 Genesis Coupe for $25k will whoop the V6 Accord coupe.

u will always be able to make a more compelling case for another car... its the nature of comparison

the car is not slow tho... period. maybe for your liking but in the grand scheme of things like may others alluded to... if u want a sports car without the maintanence/horrible effeciency/insurance premium hike... the v6 accord is just fine

that being said i passed on the Accord
laugh.gif

I just think it's slow for a V6 with 270hp. It's auto version has 5-speed ****** for gods sake.
laugh.gif

For everyday driving, it is certainly fast enough but if you define it as a "sports car" or "sports coupe", it has to either handle really well on the track (S2000, Miata, BRZ) or can go a lot faster (Genesis Coupe, Mustang, Camaro) or both (370z, 328i).

That's just how I see it.

i can handle that analysis... fwd will always under perform tho comparitively

my G35 has a 5 speed auto ****** :/

thats why I almost got the 37x instead but i saved 5500
pimp.gif

took some gettin used to but its cool... gas mileage blows tho :/ like 17 mpg

my boy maintains his v6 coupe will burn my car b/c its 4 years old... thats the extent of his reasoning
laugh.gif

when i show him hp numbers or 1/4 mile times i jus
laugh.gif

At least your G35 is 4yrs old so it still makes sense to have a 5-speed but the new Accords actually still has a 5-speed auto as standard.
The G25/G37 has a 7-speed auto now, no manual on the G25 though but it's offered on the G37.

One thing I give to the current Accord though, it looks better than the new upcoming coupe. I'm not sure what is going on with the bedazzled fogs(?) on the bumper.
rsa0lk.jpg

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I refuse to believe thats the new gen.

First it looks pretty much like the current gen, second...it just cant. Its not the mid cycle refresh cause its already gone through that. Honda already done messed up with the 9th gen Civic, they cant get another miss with the next Accord.

Sadly, I believe it is. The back isn't any better. Not sure why they would make the rear look like it's the front. The bottom grill especially with the plates just makes it look like a front end.
7333o5.jpg

sick.gif
... im with you 10 pc they cant afford to keep throwin up bricks like this...

The civic has gotten progressively worse over the years. But the accord seemed to be headin the right direction...

That thing has fail boat written all over it... esp since theyre creepin into binmer/audi/acura/infiniti price range

RFX45 wrote:
I just think it's slow for a V6 with 270hp. It's auto version has 5-speed ****** for gods sake.
laugh.gif

For everyday driving, it is certainly fast enough but if you define it as a "sports car" or "sports coupe", it has to either handle really well on the track (S2000, Miata, BRZ) or can go a lot faster (Genesis Coupe, Mustang, Camaro) or both (370z, 328i).

That's just how I see it.

Originally Posted by RFX45

laugh.gif

*ahem* 5.7 seconds. And yes, that's faster than the Camaro...anywhoo.....Hopefully my car will be worthwhile to post in this thread after this weekend. Been thinking real long and hard and finally decided to settle on some Progress coilovers with 15k on em. Saw em on craigslist...will be picking up friday and maybe installing that day as well. Wish me luck

Back
Top Bottom