\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I was at the car show today. The Jaguar F-Type and Hellcat Redeye were my favorite from the show. BMW wasn't there this year, shame.

I stopped by today as well to check out some SUVs. That Kia Telluride is kinda tough, lowkey. Lexus just has good products across the board, I was impressed. One of these days when I finally make it, I’m going to cop a fully loaded Audi Q7. Was disappointed to see BMW not there as well.

100% agreed, they ought to color match it to the paint. I don't get the reasoning behind leaving the moldings grey/primed. For the cars with the fender stripe and or shaker stripes like mine I guess it's a good contrast touch but me personally they should make them rims true black from factory like the SRT slingshot rims...oh well nothing a little wheel shop can't fix. The last cosmetic mod will be wrapping the grey trim pieces to gloss black & then she's cosmetically done, no mas. Then the real mods start for some extra power in a couple of years after warranty is out :D
By trim pieces you mean like the front lip? Not sure what pieces aren’t painted

Yup front lip, gas cap surround, splash guards, front radar surround, directly above & below the grill area, rear lip, fog lamp surround & few more.
Maybe they leave them grey since those areas tend to chip easily. Especially behind the rear wheels

Maybe they leave them grey since those areas tend to chip easily. Especially behind the rear wheels
Yeah you're right maybe that is the reason, and yeah the rear wheels do kick up dirt & rocks so that makes sense. Which is why I think wrapping them is better as opposed to painting them. If the wrap gets chipped or scuffed on any of those pieces it's alot less of a headache then fixing it if it were painted

A8C8C9B5-B8E1-4F11-A29D-C0B65C64D313.jpeg

27A66932-090C-441C-91B4-E9F538D91A08.jpeg

527EC626-6B5C-49EE-9F94-8295AA41A1A0.jpeg

New shoes. Firestone firehawk indy 500’s

275/305 size

Love the way they ride!
How do you like them to the other ones you had? How's the road noise & grip?

How do you like them to the other ones you had? How's the road noise & grip?

So far I love em. Put about 50 miles on em.

The grip on my 555r’s were better bc they were a 100 treadwear rating but I am not racing anymore so no need for those tires. Plus they last about 4-6k miles

Not racing, so dont need em.

These have a 340 wear rating and they grip awesome for the street.

I will be putting more miles on it today. :D

Would cop the new accord if honda made the rear seats fold like on the 4 series gran coupe or tesla model S.

still working on it, but ive hit a snag so i may gotta postpone it a bit, good news is all da money i had for it so far im dumping in my tracker, and making it a mini tonka truck in da mean time.

What are you doing to the tracker?

My buddy has one (1st gen), that little thing is a beast off road, he lives in Kauai so it’s not too rusty either.

I wish America got the new jimny I’d cop one in a heart beat just for a commuter/off road toy.

What are you doing to the tracker?

My buddy has one (1st gen), that little thing is a beast off road, he lives in Kauai so it’s not too rusty either.

I wish America got the new jimny I’d cop one in a heart beat just for a commuter/off road toy.

-4.5 inch lift & suspension kit (altered ego sports)

-rear disc brake conversion

-new wheels & tires

-new undercoating to protect against north east snow & salt

-new fender flares

-vitara grille, bumper, HID projector housing & lights

eventual macco paint job.

I trust all of those quick 1 minute examples more than that 10 year old m3 with 60k. The original point of the discussion. Whole lotta what ifs, hypotheticals, and moving positions coming out of y'al. very little support

Almost ready to run back to the hemi talk :lol:

No hypotheticals here, you aren't getting a M4 for $35k. The original argument was started form homie saying "you can get a M4 for $35k with 15K miles", which is still not true.

Also that car being 10 years old with that low of mileage could mean it was a garage queen and kept in pristine condition, then its worth every penny like I said.

Last edited:

-new wheels & tires

-new fender flares

Not copping the hellcat anymore?

-new wheels & tires

-new fender flares

Dope, that price on that lift isn’t bad at all. Looks like a good lift. :pimp:

@ the IS F talk

Its cool but it drives just like a 350 just more torque, nowhere near the same experience as an E92 M in my opinion. I agree with the reliability though, its a Lexus after all.

@ the IS F talk

Its cool but it drives just like a 350 just more torque, nowhere near the same experience as an E92 M in my opinion. I agree with the reliability though, its a Lexus after all.

Really? I’m in a 2013 IS350 now, came from a 2006 IS250. Looking to round the hierarchy out with an ISF as my next vehicle. If not that, an M240i. The ISF is just a special vehicle to me without comparing it to the E92. I’m in love with E92s btw so nothing against them.

Really? I’m in a 2013 IS350 now, came from a 2006 IS250. Looking to round the hierarchy out with an ISF as my next vehicle. If not that, an M240i. The ISF is just a special vehicle to me without comparing it to the E92. I’m in love with E92s btw so nothing against them.

Yes, I only test drove an IS F but I owned a 350 for a couple years and to me it was just a faster 350. The M was more of a race car type feel and I think it sounded better, granted mine was pretty heavily modified. I think I like the interior better on the IS models though. Only problem with both of them is you're pretty much maxed out power wise from the factory unless you spend a bunch of money on a s/c.

Yes, I only test drove an IS F but I owned a 350 for a couple years and to me it was just a faster 350. The M was more of a race car type feel and I think it sounded better, granted mine was pretty heavily modified. I think I like the interior better on the IS models though. Only problem with both of them is you're pretty much maxed out power wise from the factory unless you spend a bunch of money on a s/c.

Yeah I hear you. I’ve seen the videos and posts on Club Lexus asking if the jump from a 350 to an ISF is worth it. The 2011+ ISF prices are no joke so it’s gonna be a game time decision. :lol:

Dope, that price on that lift isn’t bad at all. Looks like a good lift. :pimp:

yeah that's why i type don't wanna pull da plug on this tracker...a HELLUVA LOT ish i could do to it to basically make it a mini wrangler buggy, including front & rear limited slip differentials...and parking is amazing.

if you do da length comparisons its actually shorter than da new chevy Trax... take that in with a HD body on frame truck chassis.

people who own this vehicle basically loved em from da reviews out.

Last edited:
Yeah I hear you. I’ve seen the videos and posts on Club Lexus asking if the jump from a 350 to an ISF is worth it. The 2011+ ISF prices are no joke so it’s gonna be a game time decision. :lol:

Thats the other huge plus, they hold their value very well.

Id test drive a C63 just to compare them with, thats what I went with and am pretty happy for the most part.

Id say those 3 are the top 3 under $30k choices for luxury sports sedans.

Back
Top Bottom