\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I love jags, hell I owned a jag with that motor in it before the f type coupe even came out but with that said there is nothing that would make me take one over a 911. 911s just do EVERYTHING well and as you pointed out ........very very few cars equal the sound of a GT3 at full tilt and the SVR ain't it. Now of course my post is purely opinion based

I gotcha. Exhaust note is totally 100% subjective for people. Some love some cars exhaust, some love others. Look at the older Vipers (the convertible ones. No sound from that V10 (lots of people have said that). Then look at the older V10 M5, beautiful sound!! And then look at the LFA! That is pure early 2000s F1 music to your years!!! 😊

I'm not saying Porsches aren't great. They are. But it's a car that's not for everyone. And the one thing I do like about the F-Type, is that while a sports car, it has a bit of muscle car in it with that 5.0. I'm just shocked that exhaust is factory. Boggles my mind how that passed the beancounters, lol!!

But again, money no object, I'm not getting either. Both are fun, but for me, it would be a 2005-2006 Ford GT. And it needs to be stock! 👍

It depends on the V8, all V8s are not Equal. I will take a GT3/GT4 exhaust note over a ZL1, hellcat, Z06 , most BMW V8, most AMG V8s , aston martin V8....i could keep going lol

Anybody can make an exhuast loud or louder and for most ppl they thing louder is better, I like range , I like character.

Definitely agree with you on character of exhaust. I have a 2006 Mustang GT. While everyone was doing supercharger upgrades back when they first released in 05-06 (bought mine new in 06 from myself as I'm in auto sales). I didn't, and instead I went longtubes (American Racing), hi-flow cats with an H pipe and Borla stingers! That was amazing the first time I heard it. Bringing it back home the day I picked it up from the shop who did the LT install (the one aftermarket item I have that I didn't do), I had 3 separate people at stop lights wind their window down to ask me what exhaust I had. Each time I asked if it was too loud. Everyone said it was perfect! 🙂 I now run an Off Road H and it's not stupid loud. Just a bit deeper but still great.

It's definitely true that some sound better than others. There are some new Mustangs that are honest just not good. Too raspy with an X Pipe and basically straight pipes out the back (gutted mufflers). The M4 does sound good! But of all older M3s, the E46 was my favorite sound. That metallic sound was awesome!!

Did u happen to see that red gt they had over at udrive in west chester a few months ago ? Thing was ****ing beautiful. I think it had like 100 miles on it or something crazy.

edit: here’s the link 746 miles. I was way off

I didn't see that in person, but I do believe I saw the listing one day while strolling their IG page. I know these cars inside and out. Driven them loads of times (I'm a Ford salesperson) and before he passed, I had a good family friend/customer who had one. He would just call me, tell me to pick it up, take it in for inspection or the recall and bring it back when it's done. Keys were left on the roof in his garage for me when I was on my way.
Gosh I loved it! The looks of got were insane (you never see them around) and I NEVER drove it stupid. Always respected it. Heck, he even asked if it took it home one night. I said no, it's worth more than my house. He didn't care. It was a car to him and he knew I loved that car so much. Man I miss driving it!! 😢😢😢

It's why it's the only car I want. Not a Lamborghini, not a Ferrari, or McLaren. The only car I want is a 2005-2006 Ford GT and an open road!

One re occurring thing that I've seen on automotive Internet (automotive reddit) recently:

"Porsches are reliable"

Why, when and how did y'all make this statement?

I've scene the same thing about Porsche reliability for like a little over 10 years now but I can't remember the metrics mentioned. I think German cars that aren't Volkswagen are very expensive to drive.

One re occurring thing that I've seen on automotive Internet (automotive reddit) recently:

"Porsches are reliable"

Consumer reports ranked Porsche #4 in reliability. That’s well ahead of Honda and any other European makers.

I've scene the same thing about Porsche reliability for like a little over 10 years now but I can't remember the metrics mentioned. I think German cars that aren't Volkswagen are very expensive to drive.
I wouldn't say that, unless you count gas and tires lol

I wouldn't say that, unless you count gas and tires lol
I think parts are expensive but it's been awhile since I looked into it. I used to think getting a 10-15 year old 911 would be a kool affordable deal but luckily I don't know how to drive a manual. it's kind of embarrassing but I believe it saved me from buying sum money pit. I think the affordable 911 I was considering (996) often has a modern automanual or I think triptronic it's called but either way I never pursued it too much. I tend to agree w/ NTers the other day who said the design hasn't aged so well. a modern front engined Porsche coupe would be kool to see TBH.

Up late thinking of a chevy nova
2B2296F6-28E3-4EBB-A307-A6C7D55B6E18.jpeg

"Porsches are reliable"

Consumer reports has been ranking them top 5. Sometimes beating Lexus and Toyota and taking the number 1 spot.

I don't think most Porsche owners keep their cars past the factory warranty expiration date. Pretty much any new modern car is reliable within the first 3 years.

I wouldn't read too much into CR because a car can be good mechanically but they would take points when rating it for having a clumsy infotainment system

...a modern front engined Porsche coupe would be kool to see TBH.

I've always said a modern 928 Porsche would be AWESOME!!! They have a V8 they can use and modern design could be VERY COOL (though they can't do the tilt-up exposed headlights of the old 928. Make it a hatch like the old one and somewhat realistic rear seats (more so than the 911) and it would sell. I always loved the 928. My favorite was the 928 GTS with the high rear spoiler
1993-porsche-928-gts-5-spd.jpeg

This was a sexy car!! I love that there is one in my townhouse community and saw it driving around Monday. Sounds so good too!!! A new version would sell!!

Last edited:
100A219B-F794-4DE7-959D-264689043862.jpeg
Polished up the chrome. Need to find out what center caps go on these wheels.
Also installed new weatherstripping with the chrome trim to hold the windows in place better. No more rattling now.
gonna start working on the interior and addressing some minor rust spots on the quarter panels so we can start prepping for paint.
Still need to work on the suspension a bit,I’d like to lower it a good two inches.
Still a bunch of work to do but at least I have more time to work on it now

100A219B-F794-4DE7-959D-264689043862.jpeg
Polished up the chrome. Need to find out what center caps go on these wheels.
Also installed new weatherstripping with the chrome trim to hold the windows in place better. No more rattling now.
gonna start working on the interior and addressing some minor rust spots on the quarter panels so we can start prepping for paint.
Still need to work on the suspension a bit,I’d like to lower it a good two inches.
Still a bunch of work to do but at least I have more time to work on it now
Google the brand of the wheel if you know it. If you really wanna know it should be stamped on the back of the wheel and you just gotta hit them googles. Always wanted an elco
69-70 would be ideal but the 80s square body is growing on me
1982-chevrolet-el-camino.jpg

Google the brand of the wheel if you know it. If you really wanna know it should be stamped on the back of the wheel and you just gotta hit them googles. Always wanted an elco
69-70 would be ideal but the 80s square body is growing on me
1982-chevrolet-el-camino.jpg
Next time I’ll take the wheel off and look for a stamp.
I’m actually not a huge fan of the g body camino. I like other g bodies but not this one. I feel like it needs more curves if it’s gonna be a truck

Back
Top Bottom