\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Wake me up, this must be some weird dream...

4D47930C-2D25-48A5-85EA-305319E775E7.jpeg
*hemiboiz

Until you actually drive one, and I mean take it out for an extended drive, most won't understand it. It's 100% analog. No fancy computer systems to save you if you mess up. Plus the torque the thing has is crazy! It's underrated stock (rumors are around 565 ish to the tires). Pull into a cars & coffee with a Huracan or a GT, the GT will get more attention every time. It's because you don't see them. They made 4038 of them in 2 years. Now subtract the totalled ones, and the ones shipped overseas so your easily in the mid 3000 car total.

The few times I drive them, the people watching you is CRAZY!! Thumbs up at every stop light. People wind down their window to chat. Cell phone pics. It's nuts. It's why this car has appreciated where as McLaren and Lamborghini depreciate. Heck, even the Ferrari 360 and the 430, the car the GT was made to go against has dropped in value so much. It's a car that, along with the Carrera GT, won't be repeated again.
I definitely get the attraction for the car for sure. When I worked at a Ford dealership for a short time, the owner took me for a spin in his. Everyone has their car for sure. By the way Ford vs Ferrari was a great movie.

For me though, a lot of different cars tick my boxes, but I can always appreciate a GT. I do love the analog nature of it, since I like a lot of old cars as well. :nthat:

mplsdunk mplsdunk has his own house so he's also got his own garage. As for me, what I meant was to rent a spot in the garage of the residential complex lolol I wish I owned the entire garage
Yea that’s what I’m saying :lol:. Would be nice to own a parking garage in the city somewhere. That’s easy $ every month. Def had to get inTo that business way back in the day tho

Yea that’s what I’m saying :lol:. Would be nice to own a parking garage in the city somewhere. That’s easy $ every month. Def had to get inTo that business way back in the day tho
i know some people that have city garages owned by family, and youre right they were in it way back when. They make big ****ing money of those things though thats for sure. Then every once in a while they dump one so they can build a highrise and get ****ing paid off that. My damn parents and their parents and their parents etc. didnt do **** to set me up like that. :lol:

A Chinese family owns a bunch here. They’ve had them for like a hundred years or something and got them back in the day.

05fordgt 05fordgt

My realistic dream car is a AMG GT-S or GT3.....i prefer NA motors but the power and nimbleness along with the interior of the GT-S had my attention. It's my wife's turn to pick are car so me getting either of those is a couple years down the road.

My track toy is its a 430 scud or 911R......the 911R is under 3100lbs and has 500hp from a NA 4.0L with a 9k redline....YES please!!!!!!!!!!! I have tracked the scud twice and out of everything I have driven that car always comes to mind when I think of the most fun cars I have driven.

Evoras are nice man, the 410 with a manual is the way to go. I have not driven one yet but it has all the makings for an amazing experience.

working in a food truck then a paving crew will make you hate the cold lol.

I wanna get a house in Vegas I think once mine is paid off. Then I can hustle out there in the winter paving and do the same in mn in the summer and get two pensions. :pimp:

yeah it’s sad but these protests need to happen imo. I rocked a mask and the ones I was at were chill but then right after I left that truck drove through them... yeah it was crazy here for sure but the government killing its own citizens will get those results...

I used to valet park at Westin hotel downtown mpls and it had a bunch of expensive stores. The family who owned the parking ramp owned it for 100 years and will never give it up. It’s super easy money and they owned half the ramps downtown. They are killing it.
Lol those jobs will def do a number on you in the cold, without a doubt.

I hear property is pretty affordable in Vegas. Dual pension is a magnificent idea 🔥 man with a plan right here. Hope it happens for you & you're set for life.

100% the protests need to happen. Enough is enough man. This bs has been going on far too long. A truck drove through the crowd? Good GOD!!! They apprehend the driver? Agreed it all starts & ends with the government.

Damn 100 years- they're making some serious bank especially in a downtown setting.

I could not disagree with you any stronger lol, aside from my personal experience with the GM vehicles I have owned that has let me down in both reliability and fit and finish I just don't see ANY GM vehicle being better. If your definition of better is all out bang for buck ....ok I can see that but I don't buy cars off of a bang for buck factor.

I would take a RS5 or C63s over a ZL1
I would take a amg GT-S or R8 over a Z06
I would take a M5 or E63s or RS7 over a CTS- V

All of them are much more comfortable than the GM competitor and fit and finish is miles better. Performance wise yes the GM is faster on paper ( which GM is the best in the business at bang for buck) but given all things equal on the street or track I'd be willing to bet the faster car would not pull me. Ppl love to quote magazine times and hp numbers but at the end of the day none of use are professional drivers , I go with the car that is the most enjoyable to drive not necessarily the fastest/quickest
While I can agree that lower tier GM vehicles are riddled with problems, same can be said with german counterparts in fact I can go further to say they will have more problems especially over time.
I dont buy my cars for "bang for buck" I buy them for the capabilities they have and the reliabilty/ ease of working on. Im not like alot of other members that take there cars to shops I like to do the work myself and with alot of these newer german cars you need specialty tools and scanners just to fix simple issues. The fact you think that ANY GM car isnt reliable is laughable considering the LS and LT platforms ( which all the high tier GM cars run) are considered to be one of the best platforms ever for simplicity and reliability which is why you see people constantly swaping them into other cars. And dont even get me started on the depreciation of the german cars 🤣

For sure. It would've been a wise investment. My late uncle was offered to buy stock in Microsoft when it was in its infancy by a co worker when they drove cabs for a taxi service back in the day- say early to mid 80s? My uncle told me his response was "this computer tech will never takeoff or amount to anything useful" :rofl: . My uncles coworker had invested a large sum of $ & they ran into each other years and years down the line. His former co worker was now a multi millionaire with more than 3 houses to his name paid in full cash. If only he listened lol

My homie gas a gc srt and i wore the hell out of the “oh s***” handle :lol:

he launched it from a dead stop and my hat flew off my head and hit the back window hard as hell. Hes getting a cam on it right now.

Oh and id definitely get a ‘16 viper over the new c8. The torque numbers and the manual makes this easy to decide.

Lol those jobs will def do a number on you in the cold, without a doubt.

I hear property is pretty affordable in Vegas. Dual pension is a magnificent idea 🔥 man with a plan right here. Hope it happens for you & you're set for life.

100% the protests need to happen. Enough is enough man. This bs has been going on far too long. A truck drove through the crowd? Good GOD!!! They apprehend the driver? Agreed it all starts & ends with the government.

Damn 100 years- they're making some serious bank especially in a downtown setting.

Yeah this fool drove through the crowd and they arrested him and let him go. Said it was an accident... not buying it.

yall would pay

yeah i know its not the same one as in the f150 and that they did it in such short amount of time, but i like how the viper has a v10 it just seems more exotic

is the ford gt an iron block?

Motor is all aluminum.

The V10 in the Viper was a great marketing tool, but the older ones had absolutely no sound. Not the V10 you hear in a CGT or LFA or older E60 M5.

Back
Top Bottom