\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I would love to not rock a front plate, but would rather not have any communication with cops at all. I've felt unsafe for a damn stop sign ticket. Next car they won't be drilling **** though, getting some kinda attachment.

Snap on and companies like are a scam, the contracts those guys sign on those tools and boxes are ridiculous.
Overpriced sure. Snap on itself doesnt make their own tools. A specialty tool manufacturer (i forget the name) makes there tools and they just slap the name on em. Even if i can afford it they still bust heads for those tools ,it’s ridiculous.

as far as the quality of the tools and the boxes they are very good. The box shelves are high quality and they don’t seize when you try to pull stuff out and can carry a ****load of weight

the ratchet internals arent cheapened out on either.

they arent unbreakable but they won't take themselves apart when trying to use them either.

I have a matco box and tools and they havent failed me yet.

They dont have to drill and rivet them on GCs? Audi thankfully figured out how to swap between no plate/plate cleanly. The first gen r8s came with two different grills one with a front plate bracket and one without, so if you buy one from a state that requires front plates you get the grille with the big rectangle. His has the front plate grill but we live in a state that doesnt require one so i always give him **** :lol: i would try and swap that out ASAP if it were me.

I wish, it had 4 holes for the bracket then 2 tiny ones for the plate :smh::smh: luckily with it being black I was able to find these push pins at Lowes to fill in the holes with and they aren't noticeable.

Overpriced sure. Snap on itself doesnt make their own tools. A specialty tool manufacturer (i forget the name) makes there tools and they just slap the name on em. Even if i can afford it they still bust heads for those tools ,it’s ridiculous.

as far as the quality of the tools and the boxes they are very good. The box shelves are high quality and they don’t seize when you try to pull stuff out and can carry a ****load of weight

the ratchet internals arent cheapened out on either.

they arent unbreakable but they won't take themselves apart when trying to use them either.

I have a matco box and tools and they havent failed me yet.

Oh yeah the products are definitely top notch, how they do the financing is another story. All the techs here run out there every time they show up, its the adult version of the ice cream truck :lol:

I would love to not rock a front plate, but would rather not have any communication with cops at all. I've felt unsafe for a damn stop sign ticket. Next car they won't be drilling **** though, getting some kinda attachment.

Still waiting on pics of the TL 😴

The cars get profiled as well. I have been pulled over in the past for now front but in the Porsche cops don’t seem to care at all.

They can't keep up with a 911 :evil:

Yea, it's sitting down in the lobby since it's already sold.

There were 2,500 built, the red one with stripes is by far the most sought after and most expensive...you're looking at +$40k 🥴
Evo and sti prices are crazy :lol:
Never pay anywhere near what owners asking for ANY generation

Evo and sti prices are crazy :lol:
Never pay anywhere near what owners asking for ANY generation

I hear you...was looking at a listing for an 06 Evo 9 with 132k miles and they want $26k for it lmaaaaoooo

My bro has a Hawkeye Rexie and i think he paid like $8k for it. Copped it off a private seller from a craiglist ad, dude was cool and you can tell was into cars.

Here's a bad pic of my TSX with my bro's Rex in the background. It needs a wash, but there's really no point when it rains EVERY DAY in the summer here in SoFla.

IMG_20200619_164000.jpg

I actually got rid of the M, I never drove it and I didn’t love it anymore.

Here is right before I sold her:

EBFF88A6-83EC-43AD-AE4D-644F16D71194.jpeg

And the new girl:

BC7862C0-96DE-4DD5-B714-BAF9F823FE51.jpeg

New shoes coming soon :evil:
You made the right choice :D . Nice color on the beemer. How many miles did it have?
Couldn't get better pics since i was busy and in a rush to get other things done...y'all can go ahead and boo me

IMG_20200617_134445.jpg

IMG_20200617_134453.jpg
Uff that front plate bracket :smh:
Just the hellcat is mine. I thought it was a bel air too...But it was some old school euro looking joint. I couldn't iD it. McLaren on top.
All are nice as hell bro. Hellcat and old school euro are really dope imo, I could care less for the McLaren tbh

that's what all the techs at work told me, i like working on my own car at home so for the basic stuff harbor freight tools work just fine

snap on prices are ridiculous, one of these techs got a decked out tool box that was like $25k :sick:

I have a 2004 acura tsx, before and after might look the same because the car was on lowering springs when i bought it. I like the TEINs so far, it was my first time ever installing and dealing with coilovers. Like you, i also had the dampening set at the stiffest and i had to change that ASAP :rofl: . So I dialed it back and changed it to the recommended setting in the manual, 8 in the front and 10 in the back. It has 16 clicks of adjustability, so that is like right in the middle.

I like working on my own car, it's a cool little hobby and i get my mechanical skills up being hands on. I also replaced the radiator, door lock actuators, and window regulator assemblies by myself. The car was actually already dropped when i bought it, but the ride quality has been bootycheeks since last year. I'm going to sell the old suspension, they're the OEM shocks but have Eibach lowering springs on them. I also need to go ahead and do bushings, ball joints and end links...basically a suspension rebuild.

The evo in 2f2f was an Evo 7, it was never sold in the states so you have to import it from japan. That's not the one i want, it's not the best looking imo or my favorite. I really want a 5, but i would't mind a 3 or 4. The prices on the 8 and 9 are still way too high for me.

tumblr_pqkwhzUJLE1us4itp_1280.jpg
Dope Acura. My cousin had a white TL '04. Still like those till this day esp the Type R version. Would make for a nice 2nd daily. I hear ya on the stiffness setting lol I was so disappointed the ride was so uncomfortable & bouncy. I went to my brother & I'm like I didn't pay for this BS ride quality lol. He asked me what's the stiffness set to & I'm like at max setting, he started laughing and said well what else did you expect? Nice, mine has 16 settings too & like you I set it right in the middle. Good you work on your cars, you have the skills and knowledge for all sorts of fixes & projects. As a kid I'd get so bored & cranky when our pops was teaching me & my brother because I showed 0 interest whatsoever.. As an adult, I really wish I had paid attention. The more you know the less you don't know. I'm sure your stock suspension bits wills sell quick as their are plenty of tsx from that era still on the road today. I did not know the Evo 7 wasn't sold here, I thought there'd be a huge market here for em. Agreed it's def not the best looking one. Be patient the prices will drop in due time. The one in the pic you posted..I look at it & imagine a mean blow-off valve singing it's tunes

Last edited:
Look into the Show N go. $50-$70 on Ebay. Also known as Sto N Sho I believe. I had 1 on both my cars. Regretted drilling the front lip on my Challenger but when I ordered it 4 years ago I like you didn't want to give the police any excuse to pull me over & I was spooked at the thought of getting ticket(s). As time went on I hated it more and more on my Challenger lol. I see so many cars here with no front plates(mostly nicer cars) I wanted to be part of the no-front plate-club bad lol. A lot of BMW drivers don't run a front plate around my way so seeing this I got my confidence up & pulled that sucker off the Chally like a month ago lol. I have the plate chilling in the trunk, got couple of excuses too ready in my head if I ever do get pulled over for it. On my Maxima I tuck it away...looks better & flush + If I don't tuck it away I lose like 6 inches off my L.E.D. bar lol so with it tucked away I get to display it fully haha. I'm a little looney when it comes to L.E.D. bars
Sangria CarShow.jpg
This is how I had it. 1st one ripped and flew off when I let my brother drive the car. It's pretty low especially the front lip so tucked away the show n go kissed the ground quite a bit, than I went ahead & got a 2nd one. Than when I got it painted last year all the grey mouldings they had to take it off & the moron who put it back on for some reason couldn't line it up with the previous holes to mount it back. So now I'm left with 11 holes on the underside of the lip :smh::smh::smh:

I hear you...was looking at a listing for an 06 Evo 9 with 132k miles and they want $26k for it lmaaaaoooo

My bro has a Hawkeye Rexie and i think he paid like $8k for it. Copped it off a private seller from a craiglist ad, dude was cool and you can tell was into cars.

Here's a bad pic of my TSX with my bro's Rex in the background. It needs a wash, but there's really no point when it rains EVERY DAY in the summer here in SoFla.

IMG_20200619_164000.jpg
Nice whips & that's the front of your house? :pimp: :pimp:. Love them palm trees Florida life 🔥

My new fav pizza spot...

3A47BC60-21C2-47B7-BB45-1342A394D1E6.jpeg
What would you give the pizza out of a 10? Car is looking slick man, what kind of Lexus is this? Beautiful family too, God Bless y'all brother. Is that an old school Wrangler behind you? Love those things

IMG_20200619_164000.jpg
love the driveway finish

While I had the car up on the lift earlier this week I noticed some parts had slight brownish rust on them. Pic for reference. My car has never seen snow/road salt & got caught in maybe 2 or 3 spot rain showers during the summer over the years. Why did this rust happen? My brother said maybe some of the parts are made of aluminum. What gives guys? In b4 all the "because it's a Dodge" jokes lol
20200617_121322.jpg

Back
Top Bottom