\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

get da 6.2 supercharged hemi
:evil:
Mannn if I had the budget for a Hellcat back at the time of purchase in 2016 I most def would've. Done paid my Scat off last month & am emotionally attached to it + done invested all that $ into it all these years later lol. Trade it in for a super stock though? :nerd:

Mannn if I had the budget for a Hellcat back at the time of purchase in 2016 I most def would've. Done paid my Scat off last month & am emotionally attached to it + done invested all that $ into it all these years later lol. Trade it in for a super stock though? :nerd:
why trade it in
keep it
and drive both

Y'know now that you mentioned it...I never even thought of removing them & having them wrapped!!! When I think wrap I automatically think the cars body & not badges...DAMNNNN! This would've worked soo much better lol stupid me **** man. I had the shop remove them, paint them & put them back on. I don't do projects on the Challenger myself because I don't trust myself lol & don't want to screw up. My Max- it's a beater & my brothers do the work for me...I'm just the driver lol.

You're right youtube is a big source of visual help but I guess I don't have the skill & confidence to do it myself. As far as lining them up the dude I think did a good job. I have a ton of pics on my phone we referenced back & forth to get em all just right. The way you described does sound more ideal though.

Lol the Max is the dd & I would check 10 times before driving off with painters tape attached to my Mopar haha :rofl: even if it some got left behind we'll just call it the new temporary wave of style lol

Can you give me some more critique as to what makes you say they got ruined? I need all the opinions I can get to make it right & get a thorough understanding where it went wrong. My boy at the shop did say take em all off & call it a day lol but I insisted on keeping all the factory badges on but give em all the gloss black treatment. It looks better all black in my personal opinion. I was a huge fan of Knightrider(still am) growing up lol so that's got a lot to do with the black obsession

All good zmaqbool zmaqbool no worries if you don't want to do the work.

I should clarify that it's only the 'SuperBee' and 'SuperBee 6.2L' that the shop ruined for you (in my opinion). The others are serviceable - but these two lack any type of details. The should've something similar to air spider 777 air spider 777 or maybe like the below:

5777_1_vintage_dodge_boys_scat_pack_sticker_super_bee_392_black_or_white.jpg

New oldschool Caprice in the neighborhood, saw it on my afternoon jog. This with a 2-3" drop & 2 door version would be fire, kind of like what they gave Tyrese in Fast7. Same owner with the G8 in front...not a fan of the car but it's super clean. Same dude also has a 90s Impala which is usually parked right near those 2 but didn't see it today. Also saw KITT on the way back...a very retired and broke looking KITT lol..sorry for the blurry pic
20200721_190356.jpg
20200721_204005.jpg
20200721_204012.jpg
20200721_201307.jpg
Those GTA trans ams will always be :emoji_fire: to me.

Those GTA trans ams will always be :emoji_fire: to me.
Agreed! 80s Trans AMs were soo perfectly designed. If I had the big bucks man I would soo build or buy KITT. Seen some really neat & cool builds on youtube. Some are soo damn accurate they look better than the studio used cars for the show. I see a lot of people are restoring IROC Z cars too...lovely to see. Those cars deserve to be in proper working condition. They all scream 80s

All good zmaqbool zmaqbool no worries if you don't want to do the work.

I should clarify that it's only the 'SuperBee' and 'SuperBee 6.2L' that the shop ruined for you (in my opinion). The others are serviceable - but these two lack any type of details. The should've something similar to air spider 777 air spider 777 or maybe like the below:

5777_1_vintage_dodge_boys_scat_pack_sticker_super_bee_392_black_or_white.jpg
Oh damnn yeah this does look loads better than how mine came out. Will be buying some new badges soon. You still got that WRX? And truck?

To all you guys...what is a stroker motor? And also when I do start my build should I have the shop stroke out my motor? Like increase the bore & stroke to squeeze out anymore cubic inches out of it all the while keeping it N/A? Doing this will increase the hp/tq yeah? And is this considered a reliable route for power adding to a N/A motor?

To all you guys...what is a stroker motor? And also when I do start my build should I have the shop stroke out my motor? Like increase the bore & stroke to squeeze out anymore cubic inches out of it all the while keeping it N/A? Doing this will increase the hp/tq yeah? And is this considered a reliable route for power adding to a N/A motor?

It lengthens the stroke of the motor, increasing displacement. As does a bigger bore. It all depends on what you want to get out of the motor and other considerations. The stroker motor will be torquey, a short stroke motor will rev better. Gotta see how much material there is if they bore out the cylinders. Compression, cams and tuning will play a factor, too. I'd take the advice of the engine builder and Hemi experts over a bunch of sneakerheads. :smile:

Oh damnn yeah this does look loads better than how mine came out. Will be buying some new badges soon. You still got that WRX? And truck?

Yeah bro, still have my STi and Tahoe PPV. The former I'm going to give back when the lease is up next year, I might just run my truck for a few months and save some cash. However, I have been eyeing the Challenger SRT8 (Scat Pack) in manual transmission. My pal who works at Chrysler told me to wait till the winter months and try to get a deal on one. :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

titang545 titang545 You're not alone. I would never stand on any of my cars. I'm 6'3 260 so not trying to dent em & it's corny imo but to each their own. My Maxima I lean on & sit on the hood but that's because it's a beater. Question is if you guys see some random person male/female you don't know leaning against your cars...what would you do? You're probably right the poloce report would have most of the details the insurance company would be needing so wouldn't take too long. That foam cures and hardens quick or the builder has a good amount of time to work with it? Does your Z go into limp mode after reaching 220 degrees for the oil temp? And lag afterwards? You have a 350 or 370? I love Z cars. Almost bought the 370 over my Challenger 4 years back. A true retro Charger would be great. Cuda given it's similar classic design would wind up looking a lot like the Challenger.
Oh I am old school Z, Datsun 240z. Covid is messing everything up, can't have engine shipped out because Florida doesn't know how to act.
Yup, the 25-year rule still in effect. Shame are rule is 25 years as Canada has the same rule but only goes to 15 years to wait. It's a rule that kills me as I SO SO SO BADLY want to buy this overseas and import one!!

5320021969_9be808f1c9_b.jpg

TVR Tuscan Speed Six!! If you saw the movie Swordfish with Travolta and Jackman, this is the car! I freaking drool over this car daily!!

The prices are a little out there depending on year (the newer they got the bigger the motor was. Started with a 3.6 straight 6 up to a 4.0. Motor made crazy power). Would stop a cars & coffee crowd as soon as it pulled in!!! And it's a targa top too!!

The other is this!
IMG_9668-2.jpg

IMG_9661.jpg

TVR Cerbera or knows as a '"Cerbie". 4.5l flat-plane V8 and it sounds VICIOUS!!! These are a bit cheaper as they aren't as known as much as the Tuscan here. But having one of these would be awesome!!
Looks like they took what they learned from that and continued into the Tuscan

damn thats my city. 👀.
Wifey would kill me if i buy another sports car.
Make sure she buries you in your car then. I know I told my wife no more cars. However I already know I am going to break that lie.
Ur my bro Zo so Ima keep it 100. Those badges dont look good at all.
You have to buy new badges and have them painted. That shop who did that did not do that right. The rumble bee looks horrible.
Buy all new badges and have the shop I use, paint them. I can give you his info if you want.
I'm glad you said something, I was skeptical of the shop when the boss said it would be to much overspray to do the hood. Wait what, I am paying you so mask off the entire car if need be and paint what I asked for.

It lengthens the stroke of the motor, increasing displacement. As does a bigger bore. It all depends on what you want to get out of the motor and other considerations. The stroker motor will be torquey, a short stroke motor will rev better. Gotta see how much material there is if they bore out the cylinders. Compression, cams and tuning will play a factor, too. I'd take the advice of the engine builder and Hemi experts over a bunch of sneakerheads. :smile:
Lol thats sound advice bro, thank you. Most hemi builds I've come across have went with the forced induction route. But I know there's more than 1 route to build a motor & increase power. Doing my homework before the process begins.

Yeah bro, still have my STi and Tahoe PPV. The former I'm going to give back when the lease is up next year, I might just run my truck for a few months and save some cash. However, I have been eyeing the Challenger SRT8 (Scat Pack) in manual transmission. My pal who works at Chrysler told me to wait till the winter months and try to get a deal on one. :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:
Nice that's not a bad idea. Use the extra cash towards the potential hemi. Are there any deals right now? I'd think with the ongoing pandemic most ppl are cash strapped & not purchasing big items like cars. What color do you have in mind?

titang545 titang545 That was my reaction too like what? How hard would it be to mask it all off & paint 2 small badges? He said they're too small especially the R/T badge & no matter what a little overspray would still get through the honeycomb holes on the grill. Like you said I'd be paying them for their time & effort but w.e. everything happens for a reason. I think it was the effort part he wasn't feeling lol + had my boy been there yesterday I'm sure it would've gotten done but unfortunately he took the day off.

eh
finance for 84 months :rofl:
That's crazy that that's even a thing, by the time the cars paid off more than a third of its value will have depreciated. But it works for some people. I myself did a 72 month finance period but that was just to play it safe because we never know what curve ball life may throw at us. Only utilized 52 months to pay it off. I've seen higher end & collectible car dealers giving buyers options of 96-108 month leases which is soo wild imo lol

If it’s zero percent interest go 84 mo. F it, they still doing that on new cars?
I believe they are with the 84 months...idk if most buyers qualify for 0 percent interest with those 84 months though. They wouldn't offer that to every buyer would they?

Nah, min credit score when I got my vw for 0% on a new car was 720 or something.

So not everyone can get it but it’s not hard to get if you have decent credit. Mine isn’t perfect but I got it.

u can
but he talking about getting
the new hellcat superstock
thats gonna have high dealer markup
WOuld be nice! Those don't have a limited run right? It'll be mass produced. With this SS coming up...what does that do to the Redeye value? Wonder if they'll be dropping some

Back
Top Bottom