\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

You grab the convertible joint?
Curious what's wrong with small truck?
Naw man, just the 4 door one! The one I have has the retractable door handles, dual touch screen dash & Other tech stuff. Nada wrong with small truck, just none catches my eye right now Until GM updates the interiors. My Dad got the new Ram so when I checked out the AT4 Canyon I was kinda underwhelmed tbh especially for the price they wanted since they didn’t wanna budge. If ford makes a “small” Raptor I’d be all in!

I'm from Houston and grew up around big stupid expensive trucks. Texas looooooves it's trucks.

IIRC, this more than just a body kit, it's a $70k truck with a $20K engine swap and lowering kit, and a FORD warranty. You'd be a fool to trade. You'd get a better deal selling it yourself, especially in TEXAS. With all the Big Oil and Cancer Research in Houston, you would get good portion of that 105k back.

I know it it's more than a body kit. I was being a little bit sarcastic. My apologies. Just so you know, it's NOT an engine swap! Ford would never back an engine swap with a full warranty. It's their 5.0 with a supercharger, CAI, carbon fiber intake tube, heat exchanger,billet throttle body. Oh, and the supercharger is post title. This means it's not covered by Ford but Shelby. If you have warranty issues, you go to the dealer, but the dealer goes to Shelby if there is a problem.

For the money, they don't even build the motor. Just slap a supercharger on it. I'm sure boost is low to not have issues. If they made the bottom end stronger, added better pistons, rods, crank, then I'd be impressed (Shelby could still warranty their own work). It has a upgrades suspension and Bear brakes and an exhaust. Plus upgraded seats and materials and the body kit.

But again, it's a $63K truck from Ford before drop shipped to Shelby for conversion. And if supercharged trucks are $104K-$105K, it's $40k for the whole thing. And I know you always get more selling yourself. Been selling cars for over 23 years. And yes, Texas is a big truck state, where selling private is easier than say the northeast. But it's a LOT for a truck. I'd rather go Raptor and mod it myself. Yeah, no Shelby name, bit it would be a unique build with that much $$$ involved.

Not a fan of them either but it's a Lexus. Drivetrain is bulletproof I see some with 300k+ miles.

Seen one of these today
99-Great-2020-Cadillac-Xlr-History-by-2020-Cadillac-Xlr-620x315.jpg

If only it had a LS in them they would be desirable.
I am at 256K right now and daily her with no issues.

Man that would be a crazy swap right there, just concerned the Caddy has enough room for the LS. I always thought those were such cool looking cars, but I think they might have been overpriced. I don't remember them selling very well, possibly because the design was ahead of it's time.
My 2015 Challenger treated me good for 4 years but got the pup last year & man.. just wasn’t practical anymore between him, having other people in the car & back & forth Lowe’s trips to renovate the house. Didn’t want something big like a truck & work during this pandemic has helped financially as odd as that sounds, working in the mortgage biz. So for my 26 bday traded the Chally for a demo 2020 Range Rover Evoque.
Pup looks like a little old man. LOL. I figured you would want a small pickup like a Tacoma if you are doing renovations. Congrats on the pickup.

Naw man, just the 4 door one! The one I have has the retractable door handles, dual touch screen dash & Other tech stuff. Nada wrong with small truck, just none catches my eye right now Until GM updates the interiors. My Dad got the new Ram so when I checked out the AT4 Canyon I was kinda underwhelmed tbh especially for the price they wanted since they didn’t wanna budge. If ford makes a “small” Raptor I’d be all in!
They have a Ford Ranger Raptor in the works, allegedly a 2021 model
2019-ford-ranger-raptor-im-test.jpg

Damn, Ford putting in some work. Between the new Bronco and if the Ranger Raptor indeed comes to the states, the truck market is looking real nice.

I'm more of a sports car kind of a guy. But man, having a truck is versatile. There's been so many things I could do with my Tacoma between some stuff I had to haul from home depot for home improvement projects, to throwing my mountain bike on the back and driving through rough terrain. I was thinking of trading my truck in for the Corvette or Porsche next year when I'm ready to buy but i can't seem to get rid of the truck.

Took the raptor camping this weekend. So glad I got a truck... took the hills/climbs towards Tahoe hella effortlessly and the bends weren’t too bad in sport mode.

8B10C2C6-69DA-4728-8DF0-76A5EEAE311A.jpeg
You keeping it all stock? Blasphemy
Damn, Ford putting in some work. Between the new Bronco and if the Ranger Raptor indeed comes to the states, the truck market is looking real nice.

I'm more of a sports car kind of a guy. But man, having a truck is versatile. There's been so many things I could do with my Tacoma between some stuff I had to haul from home depot for home improvement projects, to throwing my mountain bike on the back and driving through rough terrain. I was thinking of trading my truck in for the Corvette or Porsche next year when I'm ready to buy but i can't seem to get rid of the truck.
Cant even picture not having a truck for a daily and a couple toys when I wanna go out. I always need to throw something into the back that I could never in a trunk or wouldnt wanna see in the back seats. Imo you need both.

I don’t miss my pickup. I don’t need a truck though. My job has plenty to borrow.

If mn had places to raptor rip off road I’d get that ranger or bronco though.

You keeping it all stock? Blasphemy

Cant even picture not having a truck for a daily and a couple toys when I wanna go out. I always need to throw something into the back that I could never in a trunk or wouldnt wanna see in the back seats. Imo you need both.

performance wise yeah stock...for now. I got a few things in mind I’m just hella indecisive

Sup.. lil gig I came across for internet sales consultants. Manager told me 50k Easy. Looked online and some caking 80+. True story?

Hey buddy, sorry for the delay. Glad to answer your question. If they are a store with a decent inventory, then $50K is most likely possible. It all depends on how they pay the internet consultants vs the normal salespeople. Some places give a piece of it or are paid separately from the deal vs the salesperson who does all the in person work (demo, explanation, working figures). I work on the floor at a Ford dealer with a 2nd store down from us, so with a lot of inventory. But with a Ford dealer, the new cars are put online at invoice or less, so every sale is a "mini" deal at $150 a car (before tax. Yes that low). You gotta sell a lot of cars at that low amount to make a decent check.

BMW may pay more and have more spread from top to bottom, so you could make more. That's when you gotta find out the pay scale/structure. I sold over 200 cars last year (most in my store) and I barely cleared $50K after taxes. I worked my *** off all while dealing with severe Crohn's disease. It's why I'm on disability since February 1st. For 23 years, I always put work 1st and my health 2nd. Well, by December I said no more!

So after the end of last year, the pain, discomfort, and 15-35 trips to the men's room a day, while working, I said enough and went out on Feb 1st. Am applying for long-term now. The stress of working 9-7 every day if I were to go back (plus worrying about catching the virus as I'm a liver transplant patient) would tear me up inside and I'd have serious flare-ups. I'd be a wreck.

Honestly, it used to be a fun job. It gets A LOT of negative flack as there are a LOT of bad dealers who only care about the dollar today vs making a relationship. And with those bad stores there are bad salespeople. But never spoken enough, there are the small amounts of good stores and good salespeople who actually care about their job and their customers. I'm in the latter. Being there for 23 years at the same location shows. It's the people who jump from store to store every few months. Red flags.

I still do it for my long-time clients who check in on my to ask how my health is. Those people mean the world to me. That and I also do it for the cars. But now, I think it's time for a change and being out will help me heal and hopefully move on to something else. Good luck with your decision.

Hey buddy, sorry for the delay. Glad to answer your question. If they are a store with a decent inventory, then $50K is most likely possible. It all depends on how they pay the internet consultants vs the normal salespeople. Some places give a piece of it or are paid separately from the deal vs the salesperson who does all the in person work (demo, explanation, working figures). I work on the floor at a Ford dealer with a 2nd store down from us, so with a lot of inventory. But with a Ford dealer, the new cars are put online at invoice or less, so every sale is a "mini" deal at $150 a car (before tax. Yes that low). You gotta sell a lot of cars at that low amount to make a decent check.

BMW may pay more and have more spread from top to bottom, so you could make more. That's when you gotta find out the pay scale/structure. I sold over 200 cars last year (most in my store) and I barely cleared $50K after taxes. I worked my *** off all while dealing with severe Crohn's disease. It's why I'm on disability since February 1st. For 23 years, I always put work 1st and my health 2nd. Well, by December I said no more!

So after the end of last year, the pain, discomfort, and 15-35 trips to the men's room a day, while working, I said enough and went out on Feb 1st. Am applying for long-term now. The stress of working 9-7 every day if I were to go back (plus worrying about catching the virus as I'm a liver transplant patient) would tear me up inside and I'd have serious flare-ups. I'd be a wreck.

Honestly, it used to be a fun job. It gets A LOT of negative flack as there are a LOT of bad dealers who only care about the dollar today vs making a relationship. And with those bad stores there are bad salespeople. But never spoken enough, there are the small amounts of good stores and good salespeople who actually care about their job and their customers. I'm in the latter. Being there for 23 years at the same location shows. It's the people who jump from store to store every few months. Red flags.

I still do it for my long-time clients who check in on my to ask how my health is. Those people mean the world to me. That and I also do it for the cars. But now, I think it's time for a change and being out will help me heal and hopefully move on to something else. Good luck with your decision.
No offense but you give off the encyclopedia vibes, if you are creative u would be great at blogging/vlogging or some way to give out info on cars. Kind of like Doug demuro knowing all the quirks of a car,.

all these folks putting turbos in their corvettes
got me fiending for something
that can take a corner smoothly while going 120

Not a fan of them either but it's a Lexus. Drivetrain is bulletproof I see some with 300k+ miles.

Seen one of these today
99-Great-2020-Cadillac-Xlr-History-by-2020-Cadillac-Xlr-620x315.jpg

If only it had a LS in them they would be desirable.

Totally forgot about this thing

I actually liked it but then quickly realized how trash it was

Back
Top Bottom