\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

going to Vegas in 2 months

can’t decide on what to rent. Its between these 2

B3C42E8D-F830-4356-82E8-3BE35E4198E7.jpeg
8769E803-06EB-47BF-AF3F-1505794BF9E1.jpeg

I personally prefer the comfort and size/speed for a daily driver. You can make those V8's super quick, and sound INSANE with exhaust and catless downpipes. It has a more prestigious feeling cabin, with colored ambient lighting and updated iDrive with wireless CarPlay. Also the 2021 LCI taillights are plug and play.

See this is all attractive to me and why I find myself in this situation now. I've done a lot of research on the M240i and mapped out my modification timeline. But you make very good points. I think I'm going to base my decision on how they both drive. Cabin space doesn't really much to me, considering seldom do I ever carry more than 1 other passenger at any given time. There are a few exceptions of course, but that occurs far too in between.

Hank Scorpio Hank Scorpio if u wanna stick with a beamer just go with the M4

Perfect size between the two.

Looked into M4's and finding one around my budget is pretty hard. I did find a few which were close, but they were 2015 models and mostly base. If I'm going M4, I'd want the competition package.

are 8 series Bimmers discontinued? I think the newer grill would look good on a 2 door car w/long hood (edit-2 door)

Last edited:
ANY GOOD SITES TO FIND OLD SCHOOLS??

LOOKING TO GET A BOX CHEVY BETWEEN A 86-88.

Found this:

Whats the consensus on jeep wrangler? What's the reliability like, ease to maintain etc? I'm contemplating getting one used 🤔

Whats the consensus on jeep wrangler? What's the reliability like, ease to maintain etc? I'm contemplating getting one used 🤔
My experience based off of 2-3 years with a 2017 jku.

Assuming you get a jk/jku then I would make sure you get the 3.6l engine (not 3.8 ) which I believe is 2013 onwards? Also worth trying to find a non rubicon with the 3.73 final drive (vs the 3.21 that most non rubicon wranglers come with). The higher final drive number makes them less sluggish imo (especially if you want to add parts /weight). Rubicon gearing should be fine (they are all over 4). In general I would go rubicon were I to buy one again.

they are pretty simple to work on, and in my experience fairly reliable. I liked my jeep, great for someone like me who is outdoors a lot with dogs, hiking, camping, etc. my biggest issue was how slow it was, after a few years I couldn’t take it anymore as a daily driver - it was just so boring. It’s a beast off-road or in the snow though, obviously. Always looked forward to the snow storms. :lol:

on the other hand I see the new ones and want one again. I think having one as a second car , for me, would be ideal. Then I can **** it up with the dogs, take the kids out with the top off in the summer, etc But not have to drive it every day.

Found this:

THANKS FAMS

My experience based off of 2-3 years with a 2017 jku.

Assuming you get a jk/jku then I would make sure you get the 3.6l engine (not 3.8 ) which I believe is 2013 onwards? Also worth trying to find a non rubicon with the 3.73 final drive (vs the 3.21 that most non rubicon wranglers come with). The higher final drive number makes them less sluggish imo (especially if you want to add parts /weight). Rubicon gearing should be fine (they are all over 4). In general I would go rubicon were I to buy one again.

they are pretty simple to work on, and in my experience fairly reliable. I liked my jeep, great for someone like me who is outdoors a lot with dogs, hiking, camping, etc. my biggest issue was how slow it was, after a few years I couldn’t take it anymore as a daily driver - it was just so boring. It’s a beast off-road or in the snow though, obviously. Always looked forward to the snow storms. :lol:

on the other hand I see the new ones and want one again. I think having one as a second car , for me, would be ideal. Then I can **** it up with the dogs, take the kids out with the top off in the summer, etc But not have to drive it every day.
Thanks for the good info

For those of you with Progressive insurance...have you tried their Snapshot discount program? I just finished a defensive driving course & they gave me $143 off my premium. I'm trying to see what else I can do for additional discounts. The biggest turnoff for most people who've tried Snapshot seems to be the hard braking it'll beep you for. Sounds promising but it can also raise your premium if the data collected over 6 months works against you lol.

For those of you with Progressive insurance...have you tried their Snapshot discount program? I just finished a defensive driving course & they gave me $143 off my premium. I'm trying to see what else I can do for additional discounts. The biggest turnoff for most people who've tried Snapshot seems to be the hard braking it'll beep you for. Sounds promising but it can also raise your premium if the data collected over 6 months works against you lol.
TrafficLightBully TrafficLightBully dont sign up for this fam

Back
Top Bottom