\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

@kekojones malibu ss can be pricey

Big body impala wouldn’t be too hard to find though, finding a 427 however is another story,upside of that is you can find a 396 bare block (last time i saw some I found 7 of them at a machine shop for 100) you could make one from there.

Check this ig page called all American classics out and keep an eye out because they come across some dope **** pretty often and are willing to sell
I found a Chevy Malibu SS convertible but it's in Canada .... I want to do a frame off restoration but I know that's a can of worms. The vehicle 9.5k motor Im figuering 6 to 9k and the rest if its salvageable 35kish which is around what I want to stay ....

Don't knon what to do really I just stated looking into it.

Screenshot_20210430-100259_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210430-100318_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210430-100342_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210430-100355_Chrome.jpg

This MF would look so ****ing sexy .... 😍

PS still would prefer a 68/69 Camaro with hideaway lights convertible.

Last edited:
I found a Chevy Malibu SS convertible but it's in Canada .... I want to do a frame off restoration but I know that's a can of worms. The vehicle 9.5k motor Im figuering 6 to 9k and the rest if its salvageable 35kish which is around what I want to stay ....

You weld? Im asking because of the body work that it will need

the frame you can always swap it for another

Autotempest.com for the camaro

Having done a frame off restomod on a 68 chevelle save the time, money,sweat,blood,headaches and buy one already done. It's gonna take longer than you think and it's gonna cost more than you thing GUARANTEED.

Sheesh..my boy going thru it now tryna do a frame off resto on a glasshouse and he aint even chipped the iceberg on that long mfer

Unless you doing that with your kid or pops, its gonna cost you way too much time and even more money..unless you plan on doing ALOT of the work yourself

You weld? Im asking because of the body work that it will need

the frame you can always swap it for another

Autotempest.com for the camaro
No, everything would be outsourced.

Having done a frame off restomod on a 68 chevelle save the time, money,sweat,blood,headaches and buy one already done. It's gonna take longer than you think and it's gonna cost more than you thing GUARANTEED.
I have thought about it man, but If im dropping 60k+ I rather do it to my taste. Ugh .....
Sheesh..my boy going thru it now tryna do a frame off resto on a glasshouse and he aint even chipped the iceberg on that long mfer

Unless you doing that with your kid or pops, its gonna cost you way too much time and even more money..unless you plan on doing ALOT of the work yourself
man ya dudes might get me off this resto track. For real man ....

Speaking of olds schools. I told yall abiut that body shop that had a bunch of chevelles. They were closed when i past but but i saw these. Building is for sale too so hopefully the cars are also
3B39F997-383F-4CD9-8C2E-2FB66A21384D.jpeg
84B6645A-DEFF-4AFA-9137-0F7FB5743C6F.jpeg
B8DE13CE-8639-4EA9-9E0A-2FDB5508693A.jpeg
I love Chevelle but way to many on the streets, probably more SS now than ever made to be honest.

keko jones keko jones if i were you just like the homies said. Just find A camaro thats decent and has a drivetrain and take it from there id rather do that then you shoving it off to a body shop thats gonna tuck it away for a year or so while they take up insurance jobs. Be patient and find a decent one to start with

Agreed, theres plenty of good starter whips out there, that still need some help you can find for the low. Like i said FB groups (Chevys, G-Bodies, etc) you get em from part cars, rollers to show cars, depends on who's selling, not everything is turn key in groups thats for sure.
Id do a decent starter car, and upgrade as you go. At east you can enjoy the car while you keep working on it imo

No, everything would be outsourced.

I have thought about it man, but If im dropping 60k+ I rather do it to my taste. Ugh .....
man ya dudes might get me off this resto track. For real man ....

I love Chevelle but way to many on the streets, probably more SS now than ever made to be honest.
Not trying to discourage you at all Ijust wanna make sure you know what your getting into. Alot of people dump tens of thousands and end up selling at some point ( @ a huge loss) before finishing because of life or lost of intrest. Get a platform you know your gonna want to keep because chances are if you ever sell it it's an L.

Not trying to discourage you at all Ijust wanna make sure you know what your getting into. Alot of people dump tens of thousands and end up selling at some point ( @ a huge loss) before finishing because of life or lost of intrest. Get a platform you know your gonna want to keep because chances are if you ever sell it it's an L.
I know ... I eas willing to go up to 70k doing a frame off restore ... that be worst case ... seen a few for around 50 to 60k but not to my liking so I don't know.

Lets see.

What are you guys using to detail your cars with?

Just bought the MTM PF22.2 Foam Cannon with my HF Portland Electric pressure washer. The cannon is a game changer vs having had a cheap Amazon cannon. And I use Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam. Used it in both and the foaming action is night and day between the MTM & a cheap alternative.

I then use a microfiber mitt to wash the car, using a double bucket to rinse the mitt. Then I rinse the car.

Once clean, I use an Absorber towel to dry the car (until I get a blow dry machine, which I will get eventually. Just figuring out which one). Once it's dry and I want to wax it, I used to use good old Meguiar's Gold Class liquid wax. But all of a sudden I can't find it. So I bought a bottle of Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax. WOW!! car looked amazing when I was done. The pearl yellow color just had a shine to it! It looked amazing in the sun! See the pic below from a recent road rally we did. It just glistened the sun, and it was awesome. Totally sold on the wax.
Screenshot_20210501-091050~2.png

And to keep it nice, I use either Adam's detail spray or Meguiar's ceramic detail spray. Both are really nice and do a great job. Did just get a free bottle of Gloss It as they were giving it away from a link on a VinWiki video. Stuff is very good. But the ceramic stuff is very nice (and I know it's not true ceramic. It does keep the shine up though). Love washing a car. Very therapeutic for me. 👍

Mainly through Instagram

There’s like a meet everyday here lol

Same. Instagram has been great for cars & coffee gatherings. Plus, in the Mid-Atlantic area there are a lot of gatherings. Plus having Fabspeed being about 30 minutes away also helps. Plus a McLaren dealer (Philadelphia) Ferrari dealer (Algar), a new Lamborghini dealer (Philadelphia) being built and the largest Porsche showroom in the US being built (Porsche Main Line) will also bring more exotics to our area. It's been a dream and a blast being around all these cars.

When I was a teen (late 80s to mid 90s) seeing a Ferrari or Lamborghini in my area was RARE! Like never. If I did, it was a 308 (which I love)or maybe a Testarossa. I even had my dad take me to Rothrock Lotus in Allentown in 1990 (where I got to see a Lotus Esprit up close. I LOVE Lotus cars) and in 1991 to Kerbeck to see a Lamborghini (Diablo in the parking lot). Now, it's second nature almost.

Just this week, on a Wednesday, on Rt 422 near Valley Forge, PA, passed a McLaren GT (not a fan of the GT) and a 458 Ferrari. Someone asked me recently, have I become jaded being around exotics so much (with my wife owning a Lamborghini)? NOT ONE BIT!! The smiles of people these cars bring out and how happy & excited people are when they see one in person and get up close (especially little kids) to them has been really really cool. I love just riding shotgun seeing all the reactions. It's a riot.

Last edited:
Went to a couple with a friend who drives an STI, but these Subaru owners are like a cult of their own :lol:

Need to find some others in NYC

Saw a purple/blue is lamborghini diablo downtown near forest park today. I shoulda hot a pic but i was in awe of the exhaust note it made when it sped off.

Back
Top Bottom