\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Easy one for me. Here ya go, from the configurator.
Screenshot_20210706-174104.png
Screenshot_20210706-174057.png

The First Edition is the only car available at start of production it seems like. Will be another model year to get more options and colors (the Evora had a ton of colors that are available). But if I was ordering now, Seneca Blue, Red leather interior, diamond cut wheels, alcantara/leather wheel with red 12 o'clock stripe and obviously V6/stick.

Since my wife got the SVR F-Type in the bright blue with red leather, it's a beautiful combo that few have the guts to try. It's an amazing spec so it would be epic on here as well.

Hopefully, things line up in a few years for me, and they offer Sky Blue with orange trim & stitching and that would me my choice. See this Evora GT as an example.
xQ.jpg

I'm a HUGE fan of Gulf Oil racing livery and this car right here is GORGEOUS! Seriously, if I had the means to get something now, this would already be in my garage, but life doesn't always work out the way we want. But ina few years, the bright blue with red leather is sweet and VERY tempting.
Messed around with the configurator, the grays are hard. Very Ferrari/lambo
Screenshot 2021-07-06 193820.png
Screenshot 2021-07-06 193738.png

damn this is a nice color

i like how the wheels allow for meaty tire to fill the wheel well.

i really hope they mass produce this puppy

By mass production, I hope you don't mean figures in the 5 digit talley. I heard rumor of 5K the first year. Lotus doesn't mass produce their cars as they aren't for everyone. That said, it won't be something that will be limited. I'm sure everyone who wants one will be able to get one.

By mass production, I hope you don't mean figures in the 5 digit talley. I heard rumor of 5K the first year. Lotus doesn't mass produce their cars as they aren't for everyone. That said, it won't be something that will be limited. I'm sure everyone who wants one will be able to get one.
Well I just don't want none of that over msrp nonsense :lol:

Whats been happening to the X? Rented one in LA, had charging issues but thats probably our dumbasses. The first time we went to a supercharger I did it, no issues. 2nd time, it woudnt plug in and accept the charger. Took like 20 mon and asking other Tesla owners in the charging areas for us to figure it out snd still dont know how we solved it. 3rd time, the damn plug woudnt come out. Again, dont know how we eventually fixed it.

My X has an issue where the window motor keeps going out, they say it’s cause of the tint, but honestly none of my other windows have the issue. I’ve replaced the window motor 3 times now and it’s on the 4th and starting to get slow again.

as for your experience, I haven’t had any issues like that, but I do know you have to wait for the charger to send a message to the car that it’s safe to unlock.

in general most people say to avoid the 2016-2019 Model X because the Raven model (2019.5- ) is so much more solid. Was your rental a raven?

When you're at the charging station charging your EV, how much does it cost? Is it per hour or per amp? How do they go about that?

Supercharging for me from basically 0 to 90% is 16-18 dollars

TALKING ABOUT BOATS... :lol:

ANYBODY IN HERE OWN ONE? I'VE BEEN CONTEMPLATING GETTING ONE FOR AWHILE NOW. OUR HOUSE IS LIKE ONLY A 1/4 MILE FROM LAKE ERIE AND LIKE 2 MARINAS, SO IT KIND OF MAKES SENSE, BUT THE COSTS OF BOAT OWNERSHIP IS WHAT IS GIVING ME HESITATION.

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS
1625603983400.png

Oh man, I just chartered a Sunseeker 70 footer to party on two weekends ago. I would love a boat myself, what an amazing experience. I think I have to do it every 6 months or so moving forward until I settle down.

i want a model x but deliveries don’t start until January/February. I just ordered a model Y performance yesterday and I’ll probably drive that around for a year or so and trade up when supply catches up with demand . Used model X performance prices are crazy high right now and I Might as well get a plaid. I commute about 450 miles per week and the 4cyl Honda with cvt Ain’t it lol.

a friend of mine ordered the new model S and it said September-October delivery, he got the car like 5 days ago. If you want it, i would put the deposit down as I highly doubt it’s gonna be that long.

My X has an issue where the window motor keeps going out, they say it’s cause of the tint, but honestly none of my other windows have the issue. I’ve replaced the window motor 3 times now and it’s on the 4th and starting to get slow again.

as for your experience, I haven’t had any issues like that, but I do know you have to wait for the charger to send a message to the car that it’s safe to unlock.

in general most people say to avoid the 2016-2019 Model X because the Raven model (2019.5- ) is so much more solid. Was your rental a raven?

Supercharging for me from basically 0 to 90% is 16-18 dollars

Oh man, I just chartered a Sunseeker 70 footer to party on two weekends ago. I would love a boat myself, what an amazing experience. I think I have to do it every 6 months or so moving forward until I settle down.

a friend of mine ordered the new model S and it said September-October delivery, he got the car like 5 days ago. If you want it, i would put the deposit down as I highly doubt it’s gonna be that long.

Ours was like a 2016 75 or 90D. :lol:

Didnt even realize it was that old. Looked brand spankin new, had only 34x miles.

Well I just don't want none of that over msrp nonsense :lol:

Don't really see that with Lotus dealers. And while I'm sure a dealer COULD do it, the blowback from the HQ in Hethel would be awful for the dealership that tries this crap. Heck, I sold cars and didn't agree with places selling over list. When I sold our Shelby allotments at MSRP, my coworkers thought it wasn't right. I told them flat out, it doesn't affect their pay, so mind their own business. All I know, I had happy customers who bought other cars from me because I took care of them on a hard to get car. Some I sold multiple Shelbys to because of how I worked.

So Lotus revealed this today!!
Screenshot_20210706-150825.png
Screenshot_20210706-150817.png
Screenshot_20210706-154038.png
Screenshot_20210706-154032.png
Screenshot_20210706-154042.png
Screenshot_20210706-154051.png

The all new Emira! Their last ICE powered car. And I.WANT.ONE!! This car is everything I hoped it would be. A cross between the Evora and the Evija styling-wise. AMG 4-cylinder (300hp) with DCT standard with the bulletproof Toyota 3.5 V6 (supercharged) used for years in the Evora with a true manual gearbox is optional. Much nicer interior with nicer materials/fit & finish. And it weighs 3,097 lbs. Starts under $80K supposedly and goes from there. Will probably top off at $125k or so depending on what options are available.

All I know, is I want one in the worst way! My ultimate dream car is a 2005/2006 Ford GT. And I've resigned to the fact that it is an unattainable dream car as they keep climbing value wise (they are on average over $300K where a year and half ago still mid $200s).

So that car won't happen. But always being a fan of Lotus, and loving the Esprit, THIS would be a wonderful 2nd choice for a dream car. And it's attainable! Can't wait for the online configurator to go live. It's a 2022 so they won't get here till probably summer '22. And I need to get back to work to make this happen. Thankfully, the Crohn's that I have is getting progressively better. Much better than when I left. Still have some boughts but it's getting better and I'm starting to feel better. Gotta find something that I like to do and can put every dang penny aside for one of these. If that can happen, I'm good and won't need another toy anymore! Hope you all like the photos. 👍👍
To my knowledge the base engine is the tried and true SC Toyota 3.5 V6 and the top motor is the 2.0 4cylinder AMG making 420hp…. Very weird to me that the 4cyl is the top motor when the 3.5 has already made close to that in the evora 410.

I have always loved lotus for what they offered. A lightweight simplistic manual driving machine . I have always wanted to have a exige cup 430 as a track car.

To my knowledge the base engine is the tried and true SC Toyota 3.5 V6 and the top motor is the 2.0 4cylinder AMG making 420hp…. Very weird to me that the 4cyl is the top motor when the 3.5 has already made close to that in the evora 410.

I have always loved lotus for what they offered. A lightweight simplistic manual driving machine . I have always wanted to have a exige cup 430 as a track car.

Actually, it's the other way around. The 4-cylinder is the standard motor and the V6 is the optional motor. The AMG 4 only comes with the DCT. The V6 is manual or IPS torque converter auto as optional. At least that is how the configurator is showing. Lotus won't make the high motor without a manual. They just won't. It's why the 4-cylinder is at 360 hp and the V6 at 400, though it wouldn't surprise me if the V6 is rated higher than that (at least more than the current Evora GT, which is 416, or the euro Evora 430 rated at 430hp).

Being a lifelong Lotus fan, I have found something to strive for in the next few years. Wouldn't buy the 1st year as there will be more options in the coming years (this isn't a 1 or 2 year run, as I hear it goes to the end of the decade or so) like more colors and features. The first run cars are all loaded. The cars after will be the ones you can decontent if you wanted to "add lightness".

And if by chance I find a great deal on a 400 or GT along the way, not a bad way to go either. All I know is I want one! 👍👍

Back
Top Bottom