\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Yeah misfiring. I’m country we just say miss for short. The plugs on the left is what was in it originally.

787EA82F-4A9A-4143-BB16-FFB407CA5CAE.jpeg

Oh my! Was it amateur hour at the place who did this before you bought it?

Actually, it's the other way around. The 4-cylinder is the standard motor and the V6 is the optional motor. The AMG 4 only comes with the DCT. The V6 is manual or IPS torque converter auto as optional. At least that is how the configurator is showing. Lotus won't make the high motor without a manual. They just won't. It's why the 4-cylinder is at 360 hp and the V6 at 400, though it wouldn't surprise me if the V6 is rated higher than that (at least more than the current Evora GT, which is 416, or the euro Evora 430 rated at 430hp).

Being a lifelong Lotus fan, I have found something to strive for in the next few years. Wouldn't buy the 1st year as there will be more options in the coming years (this isn't a 1 or 2 year run, as I hear it goes to the end of the decade or so) like more colors and features. The first run cars are all loaded. The cars after will be the ones you can decontent if you wanted to "add lightness".

And if by chance I find a great deal on a 400 or GT along the way, not a bad way to go either. All I know is I want one! 👍👍
The fact that the 4cyl is only available in a dct is what leads me to believe it is the top motor choice as all car manufacturers make their top performance cars dct only.

Have you driven a rossion q1? I had a chance to buy a noble M400 back in 09 but I was not financially ready . The rossion q1 is right up there with the cup 430 as a track only car I want

Last edited:
The fact that the 4cyl is only available in a dct is what leads me to believe it is the top motor choice as all car manufacturers make their top performance cars dct only.

Have you driven a rossion q1? I had a chance to buy a noble M400 back in 09 but I was not financially ready . The rossion q1 is right up there with the cup 430 as a track only car I want

Yeah, the touch screen in the Emira in a photo from the launch event showed the top HP of 480. It wouldn't surprise me if they were to tune the AMG motor to that amount, but the V6 can also reach those figures as some owners of Evora 400s and GTs get the Komo-Tec kit and it jumps power to the upper 400 range with no extra stress to the drive line.

I'm hoping that the 2nd or 3rd year they will increase the V6 power. Hopefully by then, I'll be in the position to (fingers crossed) buy one. That being said, Lotus' moto and mantra now is "For The Driver". With that moto they won't drop the manual. They just can't. It would really hurt them.

Funny thing you mentioned the Rossion. A good friend of mine has an orange one. Has had it since new. I know the Noble M12 3GTO/M400 well. Went to an Italian car show in the Poconos (Italian Festival of Speed & Design, or something like that) way back when. The distributors one to sit in. Was very cool, and I know from my friend, it's VERY quick. It's a perfect track car but build quality back then, was very kit car esq. I know Lotus isn't the pinnacle of build quality/craftsmanship, but at least they try with nice leather and such. The Noble wasn't anywhere close to that. I think the Rossion was a little better but still not on par with a tier 1 auto brand.

I want to transfer my lease to finance once the lease ends. Any tips on best way to do this? Negotiate? When to do it? Etc.

I want to transfer my lease to finance once the lease ends. Any tips on best way to do this? Negotiate? When to do it? Etc.

Unless your lease is through a 3rd party bank, most leases are through the manufacturer's lending branch/leasing company, and the lease end value (the buyout) is fixed, and not negotiable. It's fixed because it's based on the residual and money factor/rate factor when you signed.

But here's the good news. When I sold cars for 23 years, the buyouts on leases were usually below what a dealer would sell a comparable car for, meaning the person with the car was making out in terms of value. And now, with the prices of used cars climbing, your buyout doesn't change to relax that, it's fixed. So your buyout should be well below what the going retail value currently is. 👍

Out of curiosity, what type of car? Year, mileage, and trim level and what is the buyout at the end. I can look it up on Manheim to see what Manheim wholesale is, just got give you an idea.

Back
Top Bottom