\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Did anybody's car get damaged in the storms? My car didn't flood, but it was under some water and now it doesn't start. When I turn the key, the whole gauge cluster still lights up and the a/c works. So I know the battery is still good since there's an electric circuit in the car. Could it be the starter that has failed?

exactly what i came in here to say :lol:

If it was running for a super very short bit during the flood (like 15 seconds or so) some water could have gotten into the air filter. That will conk the car out and it won't start. Some cars, the filters are so dense and the plumbing so extensive from the filter location to the actual motor that the water won't get into the engine. I'd check that first. Also the MAF could have gotten wet as well. That will make some lights come on.

Last edited:
Wait this isnt some kind of super stroller that you push your kid around in? :lol:

Cappuccinos are freaking cool. Very small, like 1,600 lbs small, a little 3-cylinder at 64 hp but everyone who drives them says they are a hoot. Prices are really reasonable (like $13k to $24K depending on mileage/KM, and condition) compared to the Autozam AZ-1. Plus the Suzuki is a coupe, t-top, targa and convertible all in one. I'd love to have one. Would be a trip as most everyone around would have no freaking clue what it is, lol.

Just getting around to sharing some pics. Enjoy

20210906_122118.jpg
20210506_200739.jpg

Congrats on the new car. Jaguar makes a hell of a car. Wife owns a 2018 F-Type SVR. WHAT A CAR! Is that the P450 RWD model?

Congrats on the new car. Jaguar makes a hell of a car. Wife owns a 2018 F-Type SVR. WHAT A CAR! Is that the P450 RWD model?

Thanks. It is the P380 RWD model. I was planning on getting the same body style as your wife a few years ago,then the pandemic came, I had nowhere to drive, then the 2021 came out and I went with that one. At first I liked the 2018 body style better than the new style, then the new style grew on me the more I looked at it.

That 2018 SVR must be fun to drive. I'm looking forward to upgrading to the faster one in a few years.

exactly what i came in here to say :lol:

Hey bud, not sure if you watch auction house results but this came over during the Silverstone Auctions overseas July 31st. It's car #1 of the 50 UK edition Tommy Makinen editions. Sold for £146K which works out to be just over $200K! Crazy times. See the link below.

Thanks. It is the P380 RWD model. I was planning on getting the same body style as your wife a few years ago,then the pandemic came, I had nowhere to drive, then the 2021 came out and I went with that one. At first I liked the 2018 body style better than the new style, then the new style grew on me the more I looked at it.

That 2018 SVR must be fun to drive. I'm looking forward to upgrading to the faster one in a few years.

The SVR is quite possibly one of the best non-descript super GT cars on the road. Extremely rare in the US (678 or so for 4 years production for USA), and no one has any idea what it is. She actually likes it more than her LP560-4 Gallardo! The exhaust is just incredible and the power it has and how well built that motor is, is just amazing. On the highway, 8th gear, it's pulling 1,400 rpms! It's nuts. So comfortable and wild at the same time. I love it! And her spec is the only one in the US like it (for 2018 at least).

Last edited:
Put in my Taycan order last week with Nov. 19th Delivery date. Already been pushed back to Dec. 3rd. Have read horror stories of people waiting 8-10 months for theirs due to shortages.

Unfortunately this is going to be the world we live in now. With this new Delta variant, it's going to push the chip shortage even further into 2023.

Wait till when though? No one has a timeline.
well once supply outweighs demand then prices theoretically should fall.

but who knows these past couple years been brazy
new nsx though? gross

I like it and the fact that I rarely see one in LA. believe it or not i see wayyy too many lambos and ferraris compared to nsx's

One of the reasons i sold my challenger was cuz every freaking kid in LA had one and it wasn't unique to me anymore

its GVWR 6000 pounds.
My Tesla MX qualifies also.

need a g63 though.

Yessir this what I meant, pretty cool that a tesla qualifies :lol:

I think thats why alot of trx's are selling over sticker too.

and why i see some 100k f350s getting sold :lol:

got the exact same one 👍🏼
White interior too? So damn dope, so glad i stuck with red

I know youve been in here talking about this car for months like me. I ordered back in April. All the research, videos, hype and this thing has lived up to every expectation so far. Getting my wall connector installed as we speak

happy with yours?

well once supply outweighs demand then prices theoretically should fall.

but who knows these past couple years been brazy

I like it and the fact that I rarely see one in LA. believe it or not i see wayyy too many lambos and ferraris compared to nsx's

One of the reasons i sold my challenger was cuz every freaking kid in LA had one and it wasn't unique to me anymore

Yessir this what I meant, pretty cool that a tesla qualifies :lol:

I think thats why alot of trx's are selling over sticker too.

and why i see some 100k f350s getting sold :lol:

Same here, I see many more Gallardos and 458 etc and maybe only seen one or two of the new NSX. I just don't like the shape at all. I was more saying go for an older NSX over the new ones haha.

Same here, I see many more Gallardos and 458 etc and maybe only seen one or two of the new NSX. I just don't like the shape at all. I was more saying go for an older NSX over the new ones haha.

Some of the older ones are going for more money than the new ones. A 2004 NSX-T with 16K on it, blah color (silver) did $175K! Another same year, color, 5K more miles at 21K did $145K. And a 1997 with 19K on it did $147K! Yeah, it's a cool car, but it's NOT worth this kind of money! There are a whole lot of other cars I'd buy for that kind of money than an older NSX (Cayman GT4 & A Lotus Evora GT are just two examples).

I like the new NSX. Unique, and underrated. It was never set to replicate the original. It was meant as a new direction with the hybrid system.

White interior too? So damn dope, so glad i stuck with red

I know youve been in here talking about this car for months like me. I ordered back in April. All the research, videos, hype and this thing has lived up to every expectation so far. Getting my wall connector installed as we speak

happy with yours?

yeah white interior was a must. I had originally wanted the gray but when I went on a test drive they gave me a red and I was sold. It looks so much better up closein person and with the white interior it’s 🔥.

I did hella research too and ended up test driving and ordering on July 5th.

I don’t charge at home yet. Im waiting for PG&E to lower my rate for an EV ($.019 per kWh) starting on the 21st. For now I supercharge before work at a spot that charges $0.21 off peak.

So far I love driving the damn thing. Sport mode is fun as hell and really the only thing I’m giving up is exhaust noise… which is no big deal since I always have music on. The sound system is surprisingly good too.

im about to get tint, and I’m shopping around for PPF and ceramic coating.

yeah white interior was a must. I had originally wanted the gray but when I went on a test drive they gave me a red and I was sold. It looks so much better up closein person and with the white interior it’s 🔥.

I did hella research too and ended up test driving and ordering on July 5th.

I don’t charge at home yet. Im waiting for PG&E to lower my rate for an EV ($.019 per kWh) starting on the 21st. For now I supercharge before work at a spot that charges $0.21 off peak.

So far I love driving the damn thing. Sport mode is fun as hell and really the only thing I’m giving up is exhaust noise… which is no big deal since I always have music on. The sound system is surprisingly good too.

im about to get tint, and I’m shopping around for PPF and ceramic coating.
Gray was going to be my safe choice and the one i wrestled with, but the dark accents, especially on the P, made the red the right choice.

With the Wall Connector installed, I’m charging at about 40 miles/hr. I think Delmarva charges around $.07/kwh. Interested to see how it affects my bill. Might be wrong on the rate but delmarva’s site is down for maint

I have ceramic coating and tint appointments for this month, the tint will set it off. Id also really like to get some satin black badges as well.

really enjoying giving people their first ride in a Tesla

Back
Top Bottom