\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I know some people don't like the long hood of the AMG GT but god damn it I think it's beautiful. Good for you brethren :nthat:
If you like the viper i dont see why you wouldnt like the GT . I always thought of the gt to be a more sophisticated viper (in some aspects)

I saw this on my builder's IG :rofl:
Screenshot_20211229-212820_Chrome.jpg

Speaking of smoking tires, this likely belongs in the washed thread, but lately a lot of YouTube vids been popping up with cars doing burnouts and drifting, so today I had time. I drove in to work(usually van pool due to distance) and we have this huge EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operator Course) track that new people get qualified on, it secluded from the rest of the base so I was like “what the hell”. I did a couple of doughnuts and just the smell of the rubber and the way my neck kind of snapped side to side, I’m good on that ****.

Do y'all think I can get a parking ticket dismissed if the officer wrote the wrong street? For example (fictitious name), it was on main st but he wrote main ave on the ticket. Can I get off on that technicality? There is a main st and 10 blocks away, there is another street called main ave

Do y'all think I can get a parking ticket dismissed if the officer wrote the wrong street? For example (fictitious name), it was on main st but he wrote main ave on the ticket. Can I get off on that technicality? There is a main st and 10 blocks away, there is another street called main ave
Honestly I think it will get thrown out if u just show up to court, odds are the officer won’t show up for a parking ticket

Depending on the jurisdiction, officers are incentivized to show up by paying time and a half for testimony. Any time spent traveling to, from, and spending time in a courthouse gets that bonus multiplier.

As for writing down the wrong street, it is also unlikely you'll get off on a technicality if the officer will be there to correct the record through testimony. However, show up and you can probably get them to knock the penalty down.

Bought an AMG GTS edition 1 last year and two days later my wife found out she was pregnant. Dumped like $10k into it (suspension, wheels, tires, tuning), because I was dead set on keeping it. Ended up trying to be responsible (we wanted to get a bigger house with a kid on the way) and selling it a month or so later. Bought it for like $79k and sold it for $78k.

Fast forward a year and I end up buying another edition 1 again for $103k. It does have 20k less miles this time though. Still…not one of my better financial moves over the years.

Was gonna keep it for personal use, but I already made $12k back renting it out in just over a month.

53B9025B-64FB-4D5B-A238-7EDB778BDCF9.jpeg

What are some of the rules you have in place when renting out?

What are some of the rules you have in place when renting out?

On that car just the standard no burnouts, no track use. Have an f10 m5 I rent out as well. It’s a lot cheaper so I get younger guys that rent it from time to time. I let everyone know there’s a tracker though that alerts me to aggressive driving. Haven’t really had any issues yet tbh. I drive them way harder than the renters do.

A lot of them "technicalities" are just for TV. I remember I was in court once and the cop didn't show so I think i'm in the clear, nope, Judge had them call the cop who let them know he's just running late and we waited.

On that car just the standard no burnouts, no track use. Have an f10 m5 I rent out as well. It’s a lot cheaper so I get younger guys that rent it from time to time. I let everyone know there’s a tracker though that alerts me to aggressive driving. Haven’t really had any issues yet tbh. I drive them way harder than the renters do.
curious what do they rent them for?
like special events or music videos?

Dealers out here savages.

10k more on an SI

Dique 1,500 for anti theft more like when they need to get their car back tracker.

EE1F0DDC-6D10-41D5-BD0E-3A61440AFF33.png

curious what do they rent them for?
like special events or music videos?

Not really sure tbh. A lot of people that fly into town end up renting it for their trips. They’re not exotics or anything, but there are no exotics really in my area (on Turo anyway). The AMG is currently on a week long rental with some guy that flew in from Austin. The M5 I have priced for only like $135 a day.

I bought it used specifically for turo. $0 down and payments for around $520 a month. Brings in about $2500 a month. Probably going to keep it a few more months and then sell it. Should be able to sell it for at least what I still owe on it even with the mileage it’s accrued.

I’d like to get into renting out my cars on turbo but the thought of someone trashing them terrifies me. My cousin makes about 5k/month renting out his model s when he’s not using it.

Depending on the jurisdiction, officers are incentivized to show up by paying time and a half for testimony. Any time spent traveling to, from, and spending time in a courthouse gets that bonus multiplier.

As for writing down the wrong street, it is also unlikely you'll get off on a technicality if the officer will be there to correct the record through testimony. However, show up and you can probably get them to knock the penalty down.

Idk you think so? Parking rules on Main St vs Ave could be completely different. He might have a case there.

I’d like to get into renting out my cars on turbo but the thought of someone trashing them terrifies me. My cousin makes about 5k/month renting out his model s when he’s not using it.

Turo a goddamn scam for renters man. You see the adverised price and the actual price per day to rent is literally double that. :sick:

Man, I always think about putting my Tacoma or 911 on Turo to generate some extra cash. But these things are my babies and I know there are a lot of people that go joyriding in their Turo rentals. Was on a drive a few weeks ago and some guy brought out his Turo rental to the drive and he was mashing it hard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom