\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

So when I got back from that car show Sunday, I ran inside to use the bathroom and cool off (it was a bit hot Sunday around my way). Also let the car cool off as mid-engined cars retain heat way more (had the glass engine cover popped) About 10 minutes later, I went back out and got my cooler out of the car (it was on the passenger side floor). When I got it out, I saw this on the floor.

PXL_20220703_222536904.jpg

It's an aftermarket rev-matching device that must be plugged into the pedal and I guess something in the shifter. It seems like it was velcroed up under the dash and it must have fell down when the cooler nudged it. Didn't know it was there. It was turned off but it was very surprising someone put this in. Haven't tried it yet as I know how to rev-match, as I was doing it on the way out and back as it sounds SO GOOD reving the tach a bit. But I'll have to give it a try. I know the feature in the new Mustang GTs works very well. Just something I totally didn't expect to find in this. 🤔
Is this more or less like a Pedal Commander where it eliminates the factory engine lag to throttle response? I have one hooked up in my Challenger & got it back when I had the stock tires on it...wondering if I should turn it back on now with the 315s I'm running

Anyone with older cars have experience with the very beginnings of clear coat failure?

Overall the paint on my E39 is good, but on the very edges of the rear bumper, and on the very edges of where the taillights are, there is what looks like small beginnings of clear coat failure.

Is it possible to sand down the edges that are bubbling up and then respray a clear coat on it and maybe a protective film?

It looks VERY early into the stages, that's why I was hoping to catch it early so it didn't spread more.
Will this be a DIY project or is it better to let the professional's handle it? Some really good videos on Youtube about this. This one DIY'er Youtuber has insane skills check em out I believe he has a video on it- ChrisFix

Ask and you shall receive buddy. Sorry for the delay.
PXL_20220701_180407402.jpg
PXL_20220701_180730791.jpg
PXL_20220701_180455230.jpg
PXL_20220701_180502862.jpg
PXL_20220701_180517101.jpg
PXL_20220701_180508278.jpg
PXL_20220701_180617525.jpg
PXL_20220701_180551813.jpg

It smells amazing inside. Like a high end leather store. Full alcantara headliner and a-pillars, and most of the door panels with alcantara inserts in the seats. Seats are Sparco racing seats (very comfortable) with carbon backed shells. Carbon sills and carbon instrument binacle. And the Alpine is actually really nice. It's fantastic inside. Plus the stitching is purple which was an option new.

Oh, I'm sure someone will ask...the dice. Yes, it was in her Mustang year ago (Orange 07 GT) then in the Camaro when she sold the Mustang. When the Camaro left, she put them in this. 🙂

Oh and the cookies were homemade Palmiers. French puff pastry cookies with caramelized sugar. Light, tasty and you can't stop eating them.
I absolutely love the purple accents & stitching- very premium touch 👍 .The Carbon backed shells on the seats is sexy af, MComp Beemers have that too & I've been a fan since I first saw it on a TFL car video some time ago. I imagine it must smell like an LV boutique in there with all the leather & suede alcantara.

Will this be a DIY project or is it better to let the professional's handle it? Some really good videos on Youtube about this. This one DIY'er Youtuber has insane skills check em out I believe he has a video on it- ChrisFix

Yeah I was browsing videos on Youtube, but I can't seem to find any for very early/minimal clearcoat repair. All seem to be at advanced stages where the clearcoat is totally ****ed up and the paint has already faded. I guess it's a lot of the same principal and steps though. Honestly I'd rather do it myself, but I have 0 experience when it comes to paint and stuff, so I think it'd be better to outsource the job. Just gotta find a good detailer and find out...I called one shop and the idiots tried to say my car needed a full repaint lol. I laughed in their face and then quickly added them to my NEVER USE list lol.

I still might try it myself. I'll upload a few pics here of how minor the damage is. I really think I could just sand or cut the edges where it's bubbling, tape off parts of the car, and give it a light spray of clear coat.

I absolutely love the purple accents & stitching- very premium touch 👍 .The Carbon backed shells on the seats is sexy af, MComp Beemers have that too & I've been a fan since I first saw it on a TFL car video some time ago. I imagine it must smell like an LV boutique in there with all the leather & suede alcantara.

Quality of that Lotus is top notch, those seats are seriously fire.

About LV...Funny thing is brands like LV and stuff a lot of what they sell is plastic, not even leather. I bought a Gucci wallet once to look cool...Came home and saw primarily was constructed of PVC...PVC!!! $300 for PVC!! Returned it then after that I swore off all these high fashion brands lol.

I was waiting for & knew you were going to hit me with a nice & informative response as always especially BMW related 👍. The twin turbos were reliable on these? Up to the older 6 series I can corrrectly recognize the model but then when it gets to i4 this ixdrive that mcomp this than I get lost, lol.

My cousin used to own a manual m3 droptop 2003 in red...made for a fun drive & that thing pulled hard! He also said after 08' he wouldn't mess with the 3 series. If I were to get a BMW of any kind it'd have to be the X6M. Thing is just gorgeous & screams performance.

I'm slowly starting to gravitate more & more towards SUVs & trucks, ngl. Driving my dads CR-V made me realize why so many people say they can't do cars anymore after getting into an SUV.
Screenshot_20220705-224359_Chrome.jpg

Yeah overall I think the N54 engine is pretty damn reliable. I might prefer the non turbo ones just because I used to own a 328 and the nostalgia factor, and the turbo is def another added cost down the line, but you really can't go wrong with an E30, E36, E46, or E90/92 3 series. Solid cars that are fun to drive, reliable, and very useable.

And yeah BMWs are pretty torquey, you never really struggle for that surge of power down low.

Gotta say man that X6M is not for me lol. IMO one of the ugliest things on the road..That got picasso swerve picasso swerve name written all over it since he loves the Mercedes GLE.

ib4 ballsack comment :lol:

Yeah overall I think the N54 engine is pretty damn reliable. I might prefer the non turbo ones just because I used to own a 328 and the nostalgia factor, and the turbo is def another added cost down the line, but you really can't go wrong with an E30, E36, E46, or E90/92 3 series. Solid cars that are fun to drive, reliable, and very useable.

And yeah BMWs are pretty torquey, you never really struggle for that surge of power down low.

Gotta say man that X6M is not for me lol. IMO one of the ugliest things on the road..That got picasso swerve picasso swerve name written all over it since he loves the Mercedes GLE.

Listen ballsack, ive gotten ballsacked alot this past weekend and I refuse to be subjected to anymore. I will disregard your comment and pretend to have never of read it.

-management

Yeah I was browsing videos on Youtube, but I can't seem to find any for very early/minimal clearcoat repair. All seem to be at advanced stages where the clearcoat is totally ****ed up and the paint has already faded. I guess it's a lot of the same principal and steps though. Honestly I'd rather do it myself, but I have 0 experience when it comes to paint and stuff, so I think it'd be better to outsource the job. Just gotta find a good detailer and find out...I called one shop and the idiots tried to say my car needed a full repaint lol. I laughed in their face and then quickly added them to my NEVER USE list lol.

I still might try it myself. I'll upload a few pics here of how minor the damage is. I really think I could just sand or cut the edges where it's bubbling, tape off parts of the car, and give it a light spray of clear coat.

Quality of that Lotus is top notch, those seats are seriously fire.

About LV...Funny thing is brands like LV and stuff a lot of what they sell is plastic, not even leather. I bought a Gucci wallet once to look cool...Came home and saw primarily was constructed of PVC...PVC!!! $300 for PVC!! Returned it then after that I swore off all these high fashion brands lol.
Yeah I was going to say even at early stages of damage the repair basics are probably the same for advanced stages. I hear ya DIY is fun & saves $. I used my sis in laws Accord as the guinea pig car before I went ahead & ceramic coated my Challenger years ago just so I can get some hands on experience with the buffer/applicator pads & the overall process...do you have a guinea pig car that has a similar issue with the clear to test your skills on first? Of course they said it needs a full repaint...that's where the $ is @ for them, goddamn liars :smh: . Lol, good list to have.

Yeah, upload some pics, I'd like to see how this turns out. I love seeing detail projects. Forreal those seats look like a very comfy place to be...sick interior overall. And you're right a lot of that stuff from those brands is PVC sadly. It's crazy how much they capitalize off of young impressionable minds with their halfass products. I'm in my mid 30's now but when I was younger, like you, I too wanted to look cool, lol so I bought this $800 supposedly #'d & lmtd edition wallet from LV Manhattan. Sales woman said it was 1 of 24 in the world- idk if she was lieing or telling the truth 🤷‍♂️. I would never spend that kind of $ on a wallet at this age. Still have the wallet(immaculate condition of course) & use it when I travel so I can show people just how cool I am :lol:.

Speaking of high fashion brands- #1. It's crazy how A LOT of their goods are now made in China. They really don't make much in France anymore(LV that is) & even Gucci & Burberry have factories in Chinese villages producing their goods. If I'm buying high-end bull crap
& that **** doesn't read MADE IN FRANCE or MADE IN ITALY I ain't buying it no no NO. If I want made in China **** tf I need to come to a high-end boutique for...that's what Canal Street is for :rofl:. It also disgusts me how these high-end fashion houses get rid of & dispose their overstock at the end of the fiscal year. Burberry is notorious for this- they have burnt millions of $'s worth of inventory to "protect" themselves from fraud & resellers. Why do this when they can just as easily donate those items globally to goodwill/donation centers for the homeless to use. Bad enough they kill exotic animals like snakes & calf's for their fur and skin to make purses & heels out of but then when it doesn't sell yeah, just go ahead & burn em...absolutely disgusting practice. https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44885983

IMG_2139.jpg

If you can find a clean gsr that would be my move imo. Learned so much for this thing and it was a tank.

Solid advice...If this was 20 years ago :lol: Integras go for a good chunk of change these days...Not many clean ones out there...Either they have been modded to all hell, crashed, have over 300k miles...Clean examples are tough to source and will be at a premium. If I did find one for a good price I certainly wouldn't give it to a new driver lol. If you got a secret GSR hideout then let me know cuz I'll def grab one for the low :lol:

I do know what you mean though, that type of car is perfect for a new driver. Not crazy powerful, but still can have responsible fun.

Listen ballsack, ive gotten ballsacked alot this past weekend and I refuse to be subjected to anymore. I will disregard your comment and pretend to have never of read it.

-management
:rofl: :emoji_heart:this. Why people dislike the X6M & it's Benz equivalent so much? Such a fire shape to me, my brother(Mr. Belt clip :lol:) hates it too. The debate was you disliked em & picasso swerve picasso swerve likes them right? lol. "Listen ballsack, ive gotten ballsacked alot this past weekend and I refuse to be subjected to anymore." :rofl:

naw, the X6M and GLE are oddly shaped *shrug*
Lol which is what make them so fire to me. When I say fire I'm speaking on only the M & AMG trims...the lower trims are ugly looking but when they get the M & AMG treatment they look fire to me. Only 2 cars on the road shaped like that

naw, the X6M and GLE are oddly shaped *shrug*

Well yeah, they are def proportioned weird but adds to their appeal, and to me the GLE coupe looks real good, specially in 53/63 models. I never said anything about the X6, but this gen looks a bit uhh...busy. Def not as nice as the GLE coupe.

If you want a "safe" looking SUV coupe, look at the Cayenne Coupe. Barely any differences than the regular Cayenne.

Is this more or less like a Pedal Commander where it eliminates the factory engine lag to throttle response? I have one hooked up in my Challenger & got it back when I had the stock tires on it...wondering if I should turn it back on now with the 315s I'm running

It's not like the pedal commander/sprint booster. She has a sprint booster in the Gallardo as it helps engage the single clutch paddle shift smoother and helps with throttle modulation. This basically does the heel-toe rev match for you without having to actually do it. Just push the clutch in and once it senses the gear movement it revs the motor to match the speed. We'll try it out hopefully this weekend. 👍

You know, the smell is the first thing she said when she hopped in it the next day (it came in so late at night we just put it in the garage and went over the features the next day. It honestly smells like a high end leather store. It's crazy. Like totally premium materials. Build quality is FAR above what we were expecting.

It's so well put together. Not a squeak, rattle or any type of noise. It's rock solid. Since I drove it over 100 miles on Saturday & Sunday, I can honestly say, it DEFINITELY gets more looks and more attention than the Lamborghini. I never would have thought that. I took it out real quick for a quick trip to DQ for ice cream Monday (better ice cream shops were closed early Monday) and driving by people, the looks on their faces...just nuts. People are shocked at what they are seeing, like "what is that"? Definitely takes longer to get gas, lol.

It's the true opposite of the "Don't meet your heros" line that people say about not driving a dream car because you'll ultimately be disappointed. NOT HERE. I've met my hero and they deserve ALL the accolades and praise. I WANT MY OWN!! 👍👍

Last edited:
You know, the smell is the first thing she said when she hopped in it the next day (it came in so late at night we just put it in the garage and went over the features the next day. It honestly smells like a high end leather store. It's crazy. Like totally premium materials. Build quality is FAR above what we were expecting.

It's so well put together. Not a squeak, rattle or any type of noise. It's rock solid. Being I drive it over 100 miles on Saturday & Sunday, I can honestly say, it DEFINITELY gets more looks and more attention than the Lamborghini. I never would have thought that. I took it out real quick for a quick trip to DQ for ice cream (better ice cream shops were closed early Monday) and driving by people, the looks on their faces...just nuts. People are shocked at what they are seeing, like "what is that"? Definitely takes longer to get gas, lol.

Well it is a purple exotic looking car that most people never seen or heard of so idk where this surprise is coming from :lol: .

Ehh grill(w/o a front plate) looks ok. Outside of that the car is :emoji_ok_hand:

I rather look at ballsacks than look at this monstrosity.

Honestly speaking, it isn't just the lung grills, its also the headlights and overall some of the lines in this car are just downright weird. Its so ugly that its gonna be valuable years and years down the line just because its so damn ugly.

Well it is a purple exotic looking car that most people never seen or heard of so idk where this surprise is coming from :lol: .

It's because most people who actually know cars don't believe Lotus is an exotic brand. They think of them as an afterthought or an also-ran. Lots of people have said/or will say, why didn't you just buy a Porsche Cayman GT4, when someone asks why she chose the Evora GT. The true test would be to take it to Fabspeed's Cars & Coffee.

They're so freaking elitists it's disgusting. I know EXACTLY what they would say if we pulled up to their show. They would say the main lot at their shop is for exotics and such (yet normal 911s, Shelby Mustangs & M cars are all over the lot) and would want us to park on the corner lot at the healthcare office 2 buildings down with the tuners cars. Trust me, been there done that with the SVR (Wouldn't let us in the main lot with the Jag. Had to talk to a contact there who then said to bring it in and that the person who kept us out was wrong). Personally their systems aren't that good. Way better stuff available.

They think it's them and NO ONE ELSE when it comes to exhaust mods. Can't stand their ego and crap. So glad the system she got on the Gallardo. Sounds better than their stuff anyhow.

But I digress, yes, it's purple and exotic (and again, some say Lotus isn't exotic) but even the local Huracans & her yellow G don't draw this kind of attention. Blown away I am.

It's because most people who actually know cars don't believe Lotus is an exotic brand. They think of them as an afterthought or an also-ran. The true test would be to take it to Fabspeed's Cars & Coffee.

They're so freaking elitists it's disgusting. I know EXACTLY what they would say if we pulled up to their show. They would say the main lot at their shop is for exotics and such (yet normal 911s, Shelby Mustangs & M cars are all over the lot) and would want us to park on the corner lot at the healthcare office 2 buildings down with the tuners cars. Trust me, been there done that with the SVR. Personally their systems aren't that good. Way better stuff available.

They think it's them and NO ONE ELSE when it comes to exhaust mods. Can't stand their ego and crap. So glad the system she got on the Gallardo. Sounds better than their stuff anyhow.

But I digress, yes, it's purple and exotic (and again, some say Lotus isn't exotic) but even the local Huracans & her yellow G don't draw this kind of attention.

Everyones seen a Huracan and Gallardo, some people dont even know what a Lotus is. Its just not a common car at all. May not even be “damn this looks good what is it” it might literally just be “what is it”. :lol:

SVR is an exotic? I mean I guess it should be the same way an R8 or the new NSX is. It doesnt “look” exotic though if you get what I mean so maybe thats why im questioning it a bit.

Back
Top Bottom