\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Aston Martin doesn’t miss…. Beautiful cars near every age….

On other hand I saw this turd today and it looks like it got in an accident…. expect this is what it actually looks like… BMW has the absolute worst looking ca d lineup today

IMG_4771.jpeg
IMG_4770.jpeg

Aint no F'ing way bro ....
I’ve never been a jeep guy so I don’t understand ppl paying it personally but I will say having driven one it is quiet the ride on the street , on the dirt not so much but I didn’t push it too hard ( it was a friend who let me use it for a day) but it didn’t feel stable at speeds at all, so with that said I think the price is ridiculous.

Had it been a capable off-roader like the bronco Raptor I’d understand the price ( not at 90k but mid 70s) simply for the fact that it’s the first time a wrangler has offer a V8 ( I could be wrong about that)

Wash Mitt or sponge for washing a car?

Either as long as either are microfiber ones. I foam the car, let it drip off, rinse, refoam then use the microfiber mitt (or sponge) to move the foam soap around to get anything that didn't come off the first pass, and I have 2 buckets to rinse the mitt/sponge dirty soap and the 2nd to keep it wet.

My Challenger is hurting. Leaked all its coolant AGAIN last week & overheated + threw a code 😪. Called my guy at the shop & he said it's a possible thermostat issue. My brother helped me bleed out the air inside the coolant reservoir because he said the shop may have not burped the line after finishing with my build.

We bled the air then refilled the coolant (I spent $105 on coolant the past week :smh: ) & I drove it hard around my neighborhood. It was at normal Temps for about 20 mins & then while on a red-light the needle spiked all the way up to H. It can't be driven to the shop(32 miles away from me) so I'm having it towed tomorrow morning. Got quoted $675 for a tow :lol: but I got my guy from a nearby repair shop who'll do it for $275 cash + gimme a ride back home.

So it's going in for the overheating & tune issue as it stalls in reverse time to time...I wonder if the 2 issues are related somehow.

My Challenger is hurting. Leaked all its coolant AGAIN last week & overheated + threw a code 😪. Called my guy at the shop & he said it's a possible thermostat issue. My brother helped me bleed out the air inside the coolant reservoir because he said the shop may have not burped the line after finishing with my build.

We bled the air then refilled the coolant (I spent $105 on coolant the past week :smh: ) & I drove it hard around my neighborhood. It was at normal Temps for about 20 mins & then while on a red-light the needle spiked all the way up to H. It can't be driven to the shop(32 miles away from me) so I'm having it towed tomorrow morning. Got quoted $675 for a tow :lol: but I got my guy from a nearby repair shop who'll do it for $275 cash + gimme a ride back home.

So it's going in for the overheating & tune issue as it stalls in reverse time to time...I wonder if the 2 issues are related somehow.
I would drive ot to the corner and then call my insurance co. for the tow. Put that money towards repair.

Depending on your insurance, tows might be covered if you have a breakdown.

Came in clutch one time when I had state farm and my transmission went out

I would drive ot to the corner and then call my insurance co. for the tow. Put that money towards repair.
I ain't paying **** for the repair, lol, this is the speed shops fault & not mine. The first time it leaked coolant was July of last year & then again last week. I did my build Dec through Jan of last year which means it all happened AFTER the build. My car had no cooling issues whatsoever before the work was done to the engine. Car only has 4,900 miles on it. I had them look at it last year after the first leak & they said all was well but clearly it isn't. They went into the tune parameters(there's 38 of them) last year to see if the tune was causing it to stall in manual mode. I was told the afr's needed to be recalibrated in 1 or 2 sections & that it happens when you modify things. After that it has stalled twice in reverse so the tune isn't where it needs to be in couple of spots.

All the work is covered so not worried about that. I am going to ask for reimbursement on the $105 for coolant + $275 for tow but am prepared to be given a big fat no :lol:

Depending on your insurance, tows might be covered if you have a breakdown.

Came in clutch one time when I had state farm and my transmission went out
So I have Progressive Roadside Assistance on both of my cars but that coverage is good for only 15 miles & every mile after that is out of pocket. It's a waste though Progressive has horrible roadside/tow assistance reviews. I looked it up yesterday & it's not even Progressive's own tow truck what they do is they call around & find a person/tow company in your area to tow you...at that point I can just do the entire process myself. Literally 99% of the reviews said Progressive reps will typically tell you the ETA on the tow truck is between 30-90 minutes & realistically they show up up to 7 hours later, lol & a lot of the times cancel on you. So yeah, screw that coverage I'm going to cancel it as it's rather pointless imo. I need to be at the shop by 10AM can't be waiting around for an unreliable tow.

State Farm & triple A have better reviews. Glad it worked out for you. I told one of the dudes from the tow company I spoke with earlier this morning that I have Progressive roadside assistance after he mentioned triple A & what insurance I have...he started laughing when I mentioned Progressive & said good luck with that.

Timeless design that still looks modern. How many other companies can say the same thing about one of their vehicles?

Porsche would like a word.

I was walking around BK Bridge Park a couple months ago and saw a dude taking pics of his Aston. Chopped it up for like 15 min, then proceeded to wish him a good day and said which way you going, I said just down the block some, gave me a lift. Joint is tight inside, and the glass in front was super raked. Also that thing got loose when he stepped on the gas. In any case long story short, I felt like a thot getting into a dudes whip like that but hey. :lol:

the downside of engine work is this unfortunately

I would say go rent a coolant compression tester at a local auto store for free and you will find your leak.
You sacrifice drivability when you do big cam(s) and try to get peak power/torque numbers. It’s a constant battle with fine tuning and maintenance especially when you don’t put any miles on it.

Last edited:
the towels are sitting in a bucket full of water and soap so its lubricated
That's interesting 🤔. Have you seen better results this way VS a microfiber mitt or sponge? I know ammonyc knows his stuff & is considered top tier in the car detailing biz so it's got to be good.
the downside of engine work is this unfortunately
Very true & I hate it. The distance to the shop alone is a royal pain in the butt. Inshallah it's not too bad & gets fixed...properly.

I would say go rent a coolant compression tester at a local auto store for free and you will find your leak.
You sacrifice drivability when you do big cam(s) and try to get peak power/torque numbers. It’s a constant battle with fine tuning and maintenance especially when you don’t put any miles on it.
Yeah I read about the compression test & that's what they will be doing & my guy said it also may be the thermostat? The code the car threw came up as P0117 which reads as " Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit Low" so could also be a bad sensor somewhere in the coolant system. I would rent the tester thing as you mentioned but already booked the tow for tomorrow so let's see how it plays out. What about the big cams reduces drivability? It's worth the sacrifice for that sound alone :lol:. You're absolutely right...the car doesn't get out & about enough for it to properly get stomped on to see the problems come up & to see if the tune & other work that's been done to it is working in harmony. I have been taking it out more now that the weather is nice. I do want to take it on a couple of road trips this summer so let's hope it's nothing major & back to 100% soon.

zmaqbool zmaqbool I’m guessing you have a thermostat that’s “stuck”. That’s how my bro was able to get his 2005 SRT-4 ACR for $1,800. The seller said it would overheat easily and thought it was a blown head gasket. My bro paid for the car, drove 2 blocks down, swapped in a new thermostat, added water and drove 50+ miles home no problem

i had a stuck open thermostat but never noticed any side effects from it they swapped it out while the car was in service for something else

Open wouldn’t make it overheat. It would have the opposite effect.

It can really only be a few things, still air in the system, water pump, thermostat or blocked radiator but knowing how you clean your cars it isn’t that.

I can’t really think of anything else that would cause it to overheat that wouldn’t be super obvious.

That's interesting 🤔. Have you seen better results this way VS a microfiber mitt or sponge? I know ammonyc knows his stuff & is considered top tier in the car detailing biz so it's got to be good.

Very true & I hate it. The distance to the shop alone is a royal pain in the butt. Inshallah it's not too bad & gets fixed...properly.
idk thats what ammo nyc does and i think hes teh detailing gawd

Back
Top Bottom