\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

zmaqbool zmaqbool I’m guessing you have a thermostat that’s “stuck”. That’s how my bro was able to get his 2005 SRT-4 ACR for $1,800. The seller said it would overheat easily and thought it was a blown head gasket. My bro paid for the car, drove 2 blocks down, swapped in a new thermostat, added water and drove 50+ miles home no problem
Damn that's a steal! My builder said it's more then likely the thermostat too. Does he still have the Neon? You don't see too many of those around anymore.
Open wouldn’t make it overheat. It would have the opposite effect.

It can really only be a few things, still air in the system, water pump, thermostat or blocked radiator but knowing how you clean your cars it isn’t that.

I can’t really think of anything else that would cause it to overheat that wouldn’t be super obvious.
That's a lot of air if it is air being in the system. We thoroughly bled it out. Radiator possibly but most likely thermostat. How does a thermostat go bad on a car with such low mileage?

Ceramic coated the Maxima yesterday & hit it with the ceramic boost today. This is the cleanest it's been in a long time. Also, dropped off the Challenger. They were ready to look at it & fix it right away but I reminded my builder the stalling in reverse issue as well which can take up some time so they'll have it for a while. Hoping it's nothing too serious.
20230530_102115.jpg
20230530_113252.jpg
20230531_083009.jpg
20230531_103634.jpg
20230531_103826.jpg

Damn that's a steal! My builder said it's more then likely the thermostat too. Does he still have the Neon? You don't see too many of those around anymore.
I figured it was. Or could be just a faulty sensor too but noting that should be super expensive or difficult to replace. Yeah, it’s his daily driver that’s been pretty reliable. Oh dude he gets offers for it all the time and it’s not even painted, lol.

May I ask whats the story on the front bumper of the Maxima?
Those my friend are what I call my hunting lights, lol. Started with one & liked it so much had to get another one :lol: . I never use both together. Got yelled at by highway patrol last year for having one on :rofl:. Thank God no tickets.
Off for some TLC, before heading to CA this weekend 8)

IMG_1419.jpeg
Beauty 👌. Getting it roadtrip ready?

Those my friend are what I call my hunting lights, lol. Started with one & liked it so much had to get another one :lol: . I never use both together. Got yelled at by highway patrol last year for having one on :rofl:. Thank God no tickets.

Beauty 👌. Getting it roadtrip ready?

Sorta, gonna be towing it out to CA, those glasstops gonna kill me if I had to drive it 6 hours in the desert :lol:
Theres a farm a little north of San Diego that throws the biggest West Coast Turbo Buick meet every year, so I'm pretty stoked to finally be able to be apart of it

Any of you guys have a 5th Gen Explorer?

Thinking about buying a Platnium, not sure though.

Im waiting for the Grand Highlander/Lexus TX/Refreshed Tahoe before I really buckle up and spend on a new one.

Speaking of Maximas

Oh wow! I saw this video many years ago & assumed all along it was a 4th gen like mine never knew it was a 5th gen Max. Making some nice #'s too. Wonder if he's still out there tearing up the strip.
Sorta, gonna be towing it out to CA, those glasstops gonna kill me if I had to drive it 6 hours in the desert :lol:
Theres a farm a little north of San Diego that throws the biggest West Coast Turbo Buick meet every year, so I'm pretty stoked to finally be able to be apart of it
Oh for sure you'd get cooked with all that sun coming in. That's wassup it sounds like a lot of fun. Did you have to pay to participate? Post up some pics if you can. I'd love to see what shows up.

I figured it was. Or could be just a faulty sensor too but noting that should be super expensive or difficult to replace. Yeah, it’s his daily driver that’s been pretty reliable. Oh dude he gets offers for it all the time and it’s not even painted, lol.
That's dope. Tell him to paint it, lol, would look even better. What engine did those have?

That's dope. Tell him to paint it, lol, would look even better. What engine did those have?

We might do it ourselves but he likes it the way it is for the moment. Our area is too crime ridden at times and he knows anything shiny will attract the wrong attention. We drove down a local street known for gangs and sure enough had dudes pointing at us and even walking into the street to look at us as we drove through. My bro was like “man, I’m not gonna paint it but I’ll buy a good alarm”.

This Neon has a 2.4L dohc 4 cyl turbo with 260-270hp at the wheels (Chrysler underrated on purpose). I think this version has done the 1/4 at 13.7 completely stock. My bro just wants to do a computer tune to 300-350hp tops. He wants to go back and focus on his 1987 Shelby GLHS Charger since it’s in crappy shape. He’s got #45 of 1,000 made.

Oh for sure you'd get cooked with all that sun coming in. That's wassup it sounds like a lot of fun. Did you have to pay to participate? Post up some pics if you can. I'd love to see what shows up.

I cant even tint the glass either, most shops either won't do it or I have to sign a waiver
Na its completely free, alot of raffles, giveaways, tshirts, vendors, food trucks etc, I've never been but I seen pics and it looks dope, so I'm pretty hyped, and anyone can come even if you dont have a TB, if anyone in SoCal is interested in coming out, heres the flyer for this Sunday

IMG_0350.JPG

I cant even tint the glass either, most shops either won't do it or I have to sign a waiver
Na its completely free, alot of raffles, giveaways, tshirts, vendors, food trucks etc, I've never been but I seen pics and it looks dope, so I'm pretty hyped, and anyone can come even if you dont have a TB, if anyone in SoCal is interested in coming out, heres the flyer for this Sunday

IMG_0350.JPG
that looks like a blast tbh

Man having my first real problem with my RAV4 .. after driving it 100k miles :lol:

My oil is just disappearing. I get an oil change and 1000 miles later it’s bone dry. Put 5 more quarts myself and 1000 miles it’s gone. No spots under where I park either. No blue smoke

Brought it to get an oil change today and the guy said my ‘timing cover gasket’ is seeping oil. I looked it up and it makes sense
Seems like a lot of people have oil related problems with RAV4s so I’m gonna bring it Toyota to get a diagnostic or something and then bring it somewhere else to get it fixed

We might do it ourselves but he likes it the way it is for the moment. Our area is too crime ridden at times and he knows anything shiny will attract the wrong attention. We drove down a local street known for gangs and sure enough had dudes pointing at us and even walking into the street to look at us as we drove through. My bro was like “man, I’m not gonna paint it but I’ll buy a good alarm”.

This Neon has a 2.4L dohc 4 cyl turbo with 260-270hp at the wheels (Chrysler underrated on purpose). I think this version has done the 1/4 at 13.7 completely stock. My bro just wants to do a computer tune to 300-350hp tops. He wants to go back and focus on his 1987 Shelby GLHS Charger since it’s in crappy shape. He’s got #45 of 1,000 made.
Oh damn, that's wild, be careful out there. Maybe not painting it is a safer idea. 270hp & especially up to 350 woule be crazy since the car only weighs like 2,900lbs. The Shelby GLHS Charger screams 80s I love it.

IMG_0350.JPG
Why won't they tint it- too difficult for them? Looks like it's going to be a big show surprised it's free. Sounds like a lot of fun, enjoy the day bro.

Any of you guys have a 5th Gen Explorer?

Thinking about buying a Platnium, not sure though.

Im waiting for the Grand Highlander/Lexus TX/Refreshed Tahoe before I really buckle up and spend on a new one.

If you want an Explorer, your far better of with the 5th Gen vs the new 6th Gen. I can't stand the 6th Gen version. I sold a bunch of 5th Gen models and every customer loved them. Just make sure you get the most recent one (2019 is the last year of that Gen). Platinum has the 3.5 Ecoboost so your gonna be good. Comfortable, roomy, and pretty solid. The 6th Gen has so many issues and recently finished DEAD LAST in the most recent comparison. Any questions, let me know. 👍

If you want an Explorer, your far better of with the 5th Gen vs the new 6th Gen. I can't stand the 6th Gen version. I sold a bunch of 5th Gen models and every customer loved them. Just make sure you get the most recent one (2019 is the last year of that Gen). Platinum has the 3.5 Ecoboost so your gonna be good. Comfortable, roomy, and pretty solid. The 6th Gen has so many issues and recently finished DEAD LAST in the most recent comparison. Any questions, let me know. 👍
Yeah I was looking at a 17 Platnium 68k milea for 26k (good price?) ...

I know 5th gen also have a lot of issues (PTU, weird placement on water pump, TURBO, etc). I just think the 17 should of have iron all that stuff out.

Oh damn, that's wild, be careful out there. Maybe not painting it is a safer idea. 270hp & especially up to 350 woule be crazy since the car only weighs like 2,900lbs. The Shelby GLHS Charger screams 80s I love it.
Yeah man, if it’s not crime it’s also our neighbors are careless too. I’ve gotten so many door dings on our other cars that I’m actually glad I don’t care about them as much. It would drive me nuts to paint a car and then see fresh dents :smh:

Power to weight ratio is good on them even though they’re fwd cars. Fun and not too hard on your wallet gas wise. I’ve toyed with the idea of dropping in a Turbo PT Cruiser engine in my 85 Shelby Charger because it’s pretty much the same engine as the SRT-4 and all of have to do is that computer tune for 300hp. My car actually weighs less than 2,400lbs since I removed stuff from it.

Man having my first real problem with my RAV4 .. after driving it 100k miles :lol:

My oil is just disappearing. I get an oil change and 1000 miles later it’s bone dry. Put 5 more quarts myself and 1000 miles it’s gone. No spots under where I park either. No blue smoke

Brought it to get an oil change today and the guy said my ‘timing cover gasket’ is seeping oil. I looked it up and it makes sense
Seems like a lot of people have oil related problems with RAV4s so I’m gonna bring it Toyota to get a diagnostic or something and then bring it somewhere else to get it fixed

SAME WITH MY 08 CAMRY… YEARS AGO THERE WAS A OIL CONSUMPTION RECALL(TRY TO FIND IT ON GOOGLE)

ONCE THEY FIXED IT, THE CAR BURNS ZERO OIL NOW.

I AINT GOING TO LIE, I CHANGE THE OIL ONCE A YEAR(ITS JUST MY TO AND FROM WORK HOOPTIE, 16MIN DRIVE ROUND TRIP)

Back
Top Bottom