\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

was on my way home from the gym this morning at a stop sign i hear a nasty chop and i look over and this beautiful foxbody is idling
a v8 chop idle is so damn beautiful and it stanced real nice with wide rubber, excuse the blurry photo i took it quick :lol:
1692116814553.png

The Maxima was never the same after the award winning 3rd gen. Particularly the 92-92 SE model with 190hp and a manual. Won awards and tons of accolades. A true 4DSC. Called the poor man’s 5 series. Absolutely brilliant and lovely to look at. 300ZX and 240SX and Pathfinder etc they had a hell of a lineup.

The 4th gen was faster with the new VQ but the car lost independent rear suspension for a solid beam. Next thing the 6th gen was made in the USA and cost cutting was ridiculously abundant. Then they drop the manual and later models are CVT only.

They can only blame themselves for the direction the Maxima took… such a shame..

IMG_2544.jpeg
IMG_2543.jpeg
IMG_2544.jpeg
IMG_2543.jpeg

The Maxima was never the same after the award winning 3rd gen. Particularly the 92-92 SE model with 190hp and a manual. Won awards and tons of accolades. A true 4DSC. Called the poor man’s 5 series. Absolutely brilliant and lovely to look at. 300ZX and 240SX and Pathfinder etc they had a hell of a lineup.

The 4th gen was faster with the new VQ but the car lost independent rear suspension for a solid beam. Next thing the 6th gen was made in the USA and cost cutting was ridiculously abundant. Then they drop the manual and later models are CVT only.

They can only blame themselves for the direction the Maxima took… such a shame..

IMG_2544.jpeg
IMG_2543.jpeg
IMG_2544.jpeg
IMG_2543.jpeg

Man, this was the golden age of Nissan. Everything they put out was fire. Shame how far they've fallen off.

On another note, I'm signed off work and getting ready to head out to Monterey Car week. See whoever there >D

IMG_2544.jpeg
IMG_2543.jpeg
IMG_2544.jpeg
IMG_2543.jpeg

Nissans definitely the most lost, directionless car company currently operating. Seems like they want to be the "drivers" mainstream japanese company but they throw CVT's and weirdly harsh suspensions in everything. But they also are going for the look so most of their cars are very coupe-like and swoopy and down on tech. So they have a bunch of cars that drive horribly but are also less functional than their rivals. And they're trucks and SUV's get absolutely killed by Toyota and Ford so they dont even have that going for them. Sad to see them in their current state along with Infiniti.

So I actually found a buyer for my Model Y, but over the weekend realized I couldn't really part with it. It's such a good daily and the dog mode saved my *** on Friday when I had to attend an event last second without a dog sitter. Left my buddy sitting in the car for 2 hours while I was at the event.

Are there any other alternative vehicles that have dog-mode or something similar? If not, I may have to stick with the Tesla brand. Overall i'm happy with the Model Y, I just would like something less common and with a smoother ride. My other cars spoil me a bit in this department.
Don't do this anymore. The Tesla cabin cooling feature is very finicky and designed to stop working in excessive heat. I've heard of and seen it stop working several times. 2 hrs is plentyyyy of time to come back to a dead dog.

IMG_2544.jpeg
IMG_2543.jpeg
IMG_2544.jpeg
IMG_2543.jpeg
Amen

I had a fully loaded 93 LX with the jumpman emblem (from the AJ1 retro) on the grill in 03! 🤣🔥
IMG_7873.png

IMG_2544.jpeg
IMG_2543.jpeg
IMG_2544.jpeg
IMG_2543.jpeg
RIP "The Max", man. My pops copped a 89. I remember picking it up from the dealership to this day. People reacted to it like it was a Mercedes. :lol: He still has his 2000 Maxima. I kinda look forward to inheriting that bad boy.

Ford's big reveal today during Car Week in Monterey. Mustang GTD, a street version of the upcoming GT3 race car.

I'm a Mustang fan, I'm glad they are doing this and giving Porsche a run at things, but $300k to start? NOPE!!! There are SO MANY other cars I'd look at before this.

But that said, glad it's being built by MultiMatic, who built the GTs. So it will be completed hand built. Can have it in ANY color one wants, and to get one, similar process like the GT. Have to submit an application and see if you get selected. This will stop all the bull**** ADMs dealers are putting on cars (seen a $25k add on a Dark Horse). It's impressive technically, and will be neat to see it drive and hear the Akrapovic exhaust.

always had a soft spot for mustangs. had a coupla fox body’s back in the day…

that looks like a camaro tho…and a mustang w that wing…the irony!

Price is ridiculous. Just like that special M4 thing.. it’s hard to get excited
Price is stupid. For the overall price (the $300k is base before options and any custom color) I would pick something else. And it would be the Huracan Sterrato. I know, 2 TOTALLY different ends of the spectrum, but after seeing a few of them, it's so bonkers crazy, and set up to be driven on crappy roads (smaller wheels with chunkier tires and over 6" of ground clearance) it would be a great car to just kick around in. Just make mine Viola Pasifae with the roof rack, basket and spare tire & wheel up there. 👍👍

2024 Lexus LC 500 Inspiration Series….
125 units including a convertible option..
IMG_2536.jpeg
IMG_2537.jpeg
That's a great wing for that, designers did a good job.

Back
Top Bottom