\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

STILL WILL NEVER BE A HALF MIL CAR, NO WAY
thats what people thought about...

42435.gif

ya keep sleeping though....
laugh.gif

it'll be worth more then MSRP by da time of its 10th anniversary (2018)

da one year only 2008 SRT8 magnum will command a heavy price tag, i can even say more then any of da modern muscle cars of this

era when for SURE.

Last edited:
No way will they be at msrp in 5 years. People predicted the same kind of value growth for the 1986 MonteCarlo SS Aero-Coupe (only 200 made) but those are only worth a few thousand over msrp 25 years later.... and they actually lost money when you factor in inflation.

08 Magnum srt's will def be worth some money in the future but it'll take alot longer then 5 more years and I dont think they will they ever be worth 500k.

Last edited:
areowing was more of a gimmick compared to a extremely short lifespan of a top range magnum...

son said never MSRP ever though
laugh.gif
that car is definitely a 6 figure car in da future, 100k minimum.

areowing was more of a gimmick compared to a extremely short lifespan of a top range magnum...

son said never MSRP ever though :lol: that car is definitely a 6 figure car in da future, 100k minimum.

The Aero-coupe wasn't a gimmick at all. It was a strategic move by Chevrolet to legally allow a more aerodynamic car to be able to compete in stock races just like Chrysler/Dodge did with the Super-bird/Daytona of the 70s. They only made 200 units because that was the bare minimum needed to qualify as a stock production car.

Last edited:
Comparing 1960s low 70s muscle cars = apples

2008 magnum srt =oranges. Actually its not even a damn fruit. 

2018 at MSRP?! its losing value as we speak.  If it can be had for 15-20k how can it go up in value almost double that in 5 yrs?

Rare cars in the 80s and 90s arnt even going up in value even the low production ones. 

A buddy of mine had a rare 89 trans am. Only like 1500 in production and it can be had for 10-15k.  Which its half the original MSRP.

Its all about the following for the car which spikes demand.   There is a large following for 60s and 70s muscle cars. Its not even a comparison.

FOR NINJA IT'S "DA HEMI" SO IT AUTOMATICALLY IS WORTH SOMETHING LOL! MAGNUM IS A UGLY *** CAR THO! I WOULD NEVER OWN ONE, HELL YOU COULDN'T GIVE ME ONE FOR FREE

FOR NINJA IT'S "DA HEMI" SO IT AUTOMATICALLY IS WORTH SOMETHING LOL! MAGNUM IS A UGLY *** CAR THO! I WOULD NEVER OWN ONE, HELL YOU COULDN'T GIVE ME ONE FOR FREE
all you talking is irrelevant though, da magnum SRT8 in 2008 is a 1 year old car that had a facelift and less then 280 exist...

laugh.gif
@  you thinking its not gonna be valuable.

2018 at MSRP?! its losing value as we speak.  If it can be had for 15-20k how can it go up in value almost double that in 5 yrs?

Rare cars in the 80s and 90s arnt even going up in value even the low production ones. 

A buddy of mine had a rare 89 trans am. Only like 1500 in production and it can be had for 10-15k.  Which its half the original MSRP.

Its all about the following for the car which spikes demand.   There is a large following for 60s and 70s muscle cars. Its not even a comparison.
are we forgetting about da fact that outside of da GNX most of da 80's muscle cars were crap?

Last edited:

15-20k with high miles. id still buy it at that price if a black popped up

they are rare and might increase in value. KEYWORD.. might.

doubt it though, Magnums arent that nice looking even the 08 :lol:

they arent known and dont have that appeal so i dont think they will be worth crap in the future even if you have one with no miles and keep it stored.

btw only 240 magnum srt were made. 239 sold and the 240th was stored in the Chrysler warehouse.

after looking around, as of early 2012, 15 of the 239 were totaled..

That 2008 Magnum SRT-8 will be worth money IMO. Especially in steel blue.

1) One of the last "muscle" car engines. Especially with the direction towards economy.

2) Facelift

3) Rarity

4) The magnum itself only was out for 3 years.

Dunno about 1/2 a mil but def 2 times MSRP within 10 years.

i fully expect one of you guys to buy that magnum I posted a link to that's listed at 20k then. if you guys think it'll be worth $75k+ in 5 years and over 6 figgies in 10.

Should I start investing in Magnums?
If you cant figure a better way to make money in 10 years, then yes. But for a car enthusiast looking to build a stable, its a worthy addition.

To keep it funky, your heart has to be in it. If you don't like muscle cars to begin with you won't have the interest in making money with muscle cars.

Money can be made on e30 m3's, lambo countach, and grand nattys. All from the same era. The appeal is the limited nature of all those cars. When it gets more limited you win. M3 csl, lambo countach sv, and gnx.

Back
Top Bottom