\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

'89 911 Turbo LE :nthat:

My uncle has one of these bad boys just sitting almost sold it to my pops for 4k until he found out what they go for lol

I'm not in love with that body style 6 series either. But I won't take the new STI's over it.

I love the prev gen STI Wagons

But would never take it over a M6.

Forgot to mention .. Went up to Mulholland a couple weeks ago and this old guy drove up in a pristine green 911 2.1 RS.

Thing was :x :x :x :pimp: :pimp:

I really need to think of a way to afford a 911 seriously...gotta start investing in a business or something 
ohwell.gif

any lucrative suggestions with 100k to invest? 
laugh.gif
 and no moving bricks or whatever 

Last edited:
what they go for? :nerd:

Can't remember what he said because he told my pops but I know it was in the 10 range for a one in a nice condition.

Previous owner was my other uncle who passed and left it to my uncle. So hopefully I'll purchases it myself down the line if price is right since my uncle has it just there don't even know if it runs anymore smh.

Turbo 4 be screaming right past that screaming v10

and this one is stock with an FP Green turbo so it's probably only in the 370-390 whp range

I can't tell if the BMW driver even took part in the race...
Sounds like the Evo was brake boosting as well.

Last edited:
They could have raced from a stop, but it would have been much worse for the BMW.........
Possibly, I have no horse in that race, don't care which car is faster. My point is I can't stand roll racing from highway speeds, it's just ******ed, and proves virtually Nothing.

Turbo 4 be screaming right past that screaming v10

and this one is stock with an FP Green turbo so it's probably only in the 370-390 whp range

I can't tell if the M6 driver even participated in the race...
Sounds like the Evo driver was brake boosting as well.

That 6 is nice. :pimp:

Not the biggest fan of the rear end on that model though, it's starting to look dated.

(Rear end, taillights specifically)

Last edited:
Older 6 series is dope, black only though.

Woudnt take an STI over it but could def understand why someone would. I must be in the 2% of the population thats a fan of that body style.

Car mags named the BMW rear end of that era "Bangle butt" after the main designer

Looks awful to me, ruined the aesthetic of most BMWs of that generation, only one that got by without it was the E46, which is the only attractive bmw In that timeframe IMO.

Thankfully BMW totally dropped the feature in all future models

Like the m6, but I hold he does something to that wood trim interior...get it wrapped or something, because I think it looks hideous.

@dankenstien88
 you got me thinking about copping a zl1 now haha. i been stacking for a new 15 392 or possibly the hellcat, but like you said the package of straight line performance and handling/suspension is so nice for that price. a black zl1 is so sexy. 

:nthat:

The ZL1 is a Steal @ 55k.... 60k for the Hellcat is also very reasonable, but the ZL1 is def a much more complete package.

And if 580hp just isn't enough you can contact Redline Motorsports and upgrade it to a ZLR and smoke Hellcats in the straightaway :lol:

what they go for? :nerd:

Can't remember what he said because he told my pops but I know it was in the 10 range for a one in a nice condition.

Previous owner was my other uncle who passed and left it to my uncle. So hopefully I'll purchases it myself down the line if price is right since my uncle has it just there don't even know if it runs anymore smh.

10 range ? >D They're about 4 times that for a clean base model... even more for a Turbo... even more for an '89... WAAAY more for a LE

Prices have gone up on 930s in the recent years, but even in the 90s, they were never in the 10k range.

dankenstien88 dankenstien88

Dam I have to make sure which one he has I know his looks similar to the picture but don't know what base model it is. Make senses but then again this was like 5 years ago can't imagine he's sitting on that much come up

In that 10k was a few offers he got I haven't seen the car in so long so it might be in worse off shape than I thought.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom