\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Originally Posted by eaalto

Best cars I've ever owned, and we put a lot of miles on them.  My wife has a 100 mile round trip commute 5x a week for work, and I have about a 66 mile round trip 5x a week.  Add extra curricular driving, and it comes out to a high average per year.  We bought the 2008 brand new in 11/2007 and in less than 5 years have put 125,000 miles on it...so 25K a year.
The 2011 was bought brand new in 11/2011, and in 6 months we have already put 20,000 miles on it (could possibly hit 40K by the one year mark).

That's the big reason....

Maintenance costs are maybe a little bit higher than your regular car in the same price range...I've spent about $3,500 in maintenance over 4 years, including 2 sets of tires, on the older Prius.  The new one has the first 25,000 miles covered for maintenance. 

Couldn't you at least get two different colors though? 

RFX45 wrote:
Couldn't you at least get two different colors though? 

Haha, I thought about it...was close to buying one in Toyota's metallic reddish/burgundy color, but in the end I wasn't really digging the tan interior...
We were already a fan of the classic silver/grey interior, so we just went with the same combo again.  I bought it on 11/30/11 at a deep discount, and probably wouldn't have bought it for more than I paid for it (didn't NEED a new car, it was just a really good deal).

Same color prius, sequential license plates (1 digit off), and same sticker placement on the back.  Gets weird looks from people who catch on.

The smugness emitting from that garage is overwhelming...I can't take it. My future daily commuter: EK or EG with a K20a2.

This thread needs more gas guzzlers

here I'll help

picture.php

clean whips... btw, to the guy with the priuses, don't you have to change the battery after like 50k?
and doesn't it cost like an arm and a leg?

Originally Posted by Vinod869

clean whips... btw, to the guy with the priuses, don't you have to change the battery after like 50k?
and doesn't it cost like an arm and a leg?

I guess that is a common misconception about them.  The short answer is no.

I have 125K on the older one, and I am currently getting 53 MPG.  They are configured to maximize the life of the traction battery, it would be !*#@%%# ******ed if they made it so the batteries had to be replaced every 50K miles.  If and when I ever have a battery failure, I'll let you know....

Don't think of it like a standard battery that gets fully depleted and fully recharged, it is held at a charge between 40-80%.

I woudnt mind having 2 of the same car, no way would it be the same color though. Black coudve had a black interior, red, blue also. But hey, if you dont mind thats all that matters.

That VW though.
pimp.gif

Why they have to change the front end on the new models.
sick.gif

Finally took some quick pics of my new car after I put the new wheels on and put the coilovers on. Had the CC R-line for 2 months now and I absolutely love the car and the way it looks with 20's and some low. We went with an aggressive set up for the front with 20x9.5 all around so I'm going to have to do some fender pulling and rolling but can't wait to lower it more.

Here is the car I traded in:
33uverb.jpg

Here's the new CC R-line. Camera phone pics for now but will be doing a photoshoot soon once I do a few more mods.
2h5pct4.jpg

2yosaac.jpg

Washonobit,
You're CC is looking good btw! I originally wanted white so I might do a matte white wrap soon.

dang, i never knew about the VW CC until now ....well wasn't really a big VW fan...but damn the VW CC are hot 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

taken from the VWvortex forum

i love the CC and been in love with it. only thing i ever hated on it was the stupid taillights.

Installed Magnaflow Dual Cat-Back w/ 2.5" pipes (part# 16936).

I definitely notice a difference in performance. Car picks up a lot better, when I step on the gas there is no choking/lag, it just powers right through it. Of course not as much pull as a SRT8 (
frown.gif

embarassed.gif
), but it moves a LOT better than stock.

I may do a Ram Intake in the future...need to space all this stuff out tho $$$ 
frown.gif
 hahaha Most likely no headers, too damn expensive at this point for me.

Before...
o5gby.png

After...

FjJJV.png

D9RcU.jpg

Originally Posted by Al Audi

VW CC is so underrated imo

you already know
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

seen a mean joint in a dark grey driving around my area

Vdubbin love
pimp.gif

Took my car to the mall today and ran into this beast. Never saw one in the 'wild' before but it was AMAZING. Jaw drop beauty and the braking system
pimp.gif
, best part was the tires were almost bald meaning this man drives that bad boy. My car is the Pyellow in the upper left, but i forgot about it when i saw this beauty. 
3534ksh.jpg

^ I see those all the time while I'm in Germany. They're like Toyotas in Chinatown in downtown Frankfurt (financial district). Not gonna lie though, that benz looks mean. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom