\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

0.7 = .7% -This means that the Challenger is only 0.7% faster than the Accord.

:rofl:

Not 100% sure, but isn't .7 supposed to be 70%?

Also as far as Hemi goes, they weren't just known for the top end speed. They were known for their large displacement and torque. Back in the 60's Dodge was killing everybody in Nascar. They had to Detune the engine just to be able to race in the mid 60's. That's the true Hemi!

ANYWAYS! I purchased my first new car (sort of) It's a 2005 Cadillac CTS. I love it and I'm extremely happy with it.

Anybody got ideas for wheels?

Talked to the owner of Calderon's tire (family friend) and said he'd do it for $1350 out the door with the American Racing wheels I'm looking at. Most likely going with 20 in rims.

edit: also, how much would it cost to install a nice sound system?

Last edited:

Also as far as Hemi goes, they weren't just known for the top end speed. They were known for their large displacement and torque. Back in the 60's Dodge was killing everybody in Nascar. They had to Detune the engine just to be able to race in the mid 60's. That's the true Hemi!

thing is the current 5.7 have more power than whats listed but dodge detunes them.

dodge needs to stop fooling around and put out a 400+ engine for the charger/challenger/300 already man :smh:

more so the chally and charger

Yeah its embarassing how da hemi is so underpowered stock compared to other pony.

But that 5.0 is a beast i need one in ma life

I didnt e
ANYWAYS! I purchased my first new car (sort of) It's a 2005 Cadillac CTS. I love it and I'm extremely happy with it.

Talked to the owner of Calderon's tire (family friend) and said he'd do it for $1350 out the door with the American Racing wheels I'm looking at. Most likely going with 20 in rims.

Leave it stock man. Maerican Racing rims? Forthat price and 20inch its just gnna look like a ghetto mess.

Just an update on the 94 TT Supra I posted in here a couple weeks ago for $11,000.  65k miles clean title.

my buddies went and looked at it the next morning (in case the guy who put in the down payment flaked) and it was 100% legit. 

man what a come up, the thing bluebooks for 30k. My buddy was pretty devastated, he was first in line to look at the car and then a guy called that night and put a down payment 
mean.gif

Where was this?
Sacramento area. i posted the CL ad on here and posted about how my friend was first in line to see it the next day

Heres a video of the Mustang v6 beating a v8 challenger..

I'm done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think anyone in the thread is saying a v6 cant beat a v8. People are saying stock for stock the v6 Challenger doesn't hold a candle to the v8 Challenger. I dont understand why you are bringing the 2011+ v6 mustang into the equation, everyone knows its much faster than the v6 Challenger.

And just for kicks, here are some videos of v8 Challengers beating a 6cyl Mustangs

[rule]

The old Hemis were basically racing engines. They were great for the track and ran well at high rpm, but they were extremely unreliable, hard to tune and made for terrible road cars. The 440 was a better all around engine, especially if you planned on driving your car on the street and they actually made more torque than the Hemi.

[rule]

Nice Caddy ! I wouldn't do too much to it. Maybe just color match and de-chrome the grille and tint the windows.

Last edited:
I didnt e

Leave it stock man. Maerican Racing rims? Forthat price and 20inch its just gnna look like a ghetto mess.

for real man? I was thinking it wouldn't look that bad. Wasn't gonna go all chrome either.

looking at something like this.

[rule]
The old Hemis were basically racing engines. They were great for the track and ran well at high rpm, but they were extremely unreliable, hard to tune and made for terrible road cars. The 440 was a better all around engine, especially if you planned on driving your car on the street and they actually made more torque than the Hemi.

Yup. For driveability most people opted for the 440. I wouldnt mind having a 440 6 pack chally myself . :smile:

But a true O.G. elephant is on my checklist in life. :D

Last edited:
:lol: I was just talking about those yesterday

Is that rim still in production ?

Every other car in Tennessee have them rims. 22 inch going for about 1300 with tires. Probably cheaper

Alot of people are painting the rims now with some chrome on it

can't go wrong with vogue tires and chrome wheels. you bought a cadillac, do the right thing. welcome to the family

new challenger should be unveiled this weekend :pimp:

i know for sure its getting pretty much the charger interior facelift with the 8.4 inch screen

I'd cop the Challenger ASAP if it was re-sized to be more like the old school body. It's too big and impractical for extra cramped parallel parking in the city. I can barely squeeze my Accord into spots here in SF

Back
Top Bottom