\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

lets say i do get 10k for the trade in. i can use that towards the new loan? so wont it be almost the same. if the sti is 19.

19 - 10 for the trade in + the 7

so the new loan would be around the same no? i dont think im understanding it correctly lol
The math would be

19 grand for the STI - 10 grand trade in + 17 grand owed = 26 grand.

The difference between the trade in value and what you owe, which would be 7 grand, gets added into the sti's purchase price. So now instead of owing 17, you'd owe 26 grand. You'll be going backwards. I just bought a 2003 g35 with 104 miles for 9 grand Canadian... Might be tough to get 10 outta yours.

Well I f I were you I'd sell the G privately (take your time and find the right buyer) then buy a used, cheaper car that is low maintenance in an effort to clear the negative equity. Remember that if you trade, you're forfeiting (likely) thousands of dollars, I'm assuming you're not in a position to do so.

If being 17K under on a 9 yr old G is any indication, you're likely better off w a degrade rather than a upgrade

But this is the car thread nobody wants to hear that :lol:

Last edited:
Man you should just bite the bullet and pay that car off.

You owe damn near as much i do on my Challenger and I bought it brand new 2 years ago.

I don't emm know how what you got going on is possible.

You owe damn near as much i do on my Challenger and I bought it brand new 2 years ago.

thanks for the advice everyone.

yeah the car was 13 but i paid for extended warranty and i put it on the loan lol stupid mistake. looks like im stuck with her for a while then unless i sell it privately like someone mentioned above. ugh smh

Yeah homie your car situation sucks. I would def take that advice about the downgrade and just try to pay the car off this year. Next summer could be yours if your smart about your spending.

Trust me when I say adding another 7 on a car thats only worth 19 already isn't a smart move. Especially when you consider the fact that the STI your looking at is already damn near 10 years old.

Anyways heres my situation. I currently push a 02 Honda Accord. I had a 07 Mustang til December when I got in a lil accident and decided to sell it. Looking to cop a new whip and possibly make a trade (plus cash) for a Jeep Wrangler.

I'm a lil indecisive but I think I've narrowed my whip choices down to a 2013-2015 370z, or just saving a lil while longer and trying to cop that new Infiniti Q60 that drops in the fall.

I live in Wisconsin full time now so I had planned on making a move for my coupe first then copping the jeep when it gets closer to fall/ winter but I may have to change some things around and just trade up for my jeep and then keep stacking if I want this Infiniti. Either way its looking like its gonna be a good year.

yeah the car was 13 but i paid for extended warranty and i put it on the loan lol stupid mistake. looks like im stuck with her for a while then unless i sell it privately like someone mentioned above. ugh smh

Ahh so you just got it. That makes more sense. There was something about it that made you like it, just ride it out or make extra payments to get right side up.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty you can cancel that warranty and get your money back if need be.

Ahh so you just got it. That makes more sense. There was something about it that made you like it, just ride it out or make extra payments to get right side up.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty you can cancel that warranty and get your money back if need be.

yup thanks bro, gonna look into that warranty situation.

yup thanks bro, gonna look into that warranty situation.

Yea you go back to the dealer and cancel it.

I think the longer you wait the less you get back if its after like 90 days so act fast

Wait... He got a WRX with a god damn CVT?...

tumblr_ljce6jem0A1qgne6io1_500.gif

:lol: at the CVT.

A few days after I bought my WRX (six speed manual), I went back to the dealer and there was a guy there that had just bought the CVT version. Dude was super happy. I personally couldn't do it, but to each there own.

Personally for me I weighed what I liked about the STI versus what I didn't like:

What I didn't like:
No wing delete
Older engine
Price tag

What I liked:
It's an STI!

To me what I didn't like outweighed what I liked, so I went with the WRX. I've owned it for almost 9 months now and have enjoyed every minute of it.

If/when Subaru comes out with an STI with an updated engine I'll look at trading my WRX in.

Also, if you want more opinions on STI vs WRX there are a few threads on Nasioc about this very topic.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums//showthread.php?t=2697464

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums//showthread.php?t=2700106

Just got some upgrades on the 5.0 ('13 GT/CS)

Mod List:

- Staggered 20 x 8.5 " / 20 x 10 TSW Nurburing Matte Gunmetal wheels
- NITTO INVO Tires (255-35-20 F / 285-30-20 R)
- Full suspension (Koni yellows adjustable shocks/struts, Hotcki lowering springs (1.25" front, 1.6" rear), Freedom Racing PHB)
- Pypes O/R X
- Steeda CAI
- Custom Tune
- Roush A/B's
- Matte Black Roof

I'm hoping to get another DD soon, so I can really start putting work into this car. Since its an auto, I plan to upgrade the gear ratio from 3.15 to 3.73's. I'll probably stay away from the longtubes and go with a Roush supercharger and upgrade the brakes.

more pics:

i suggest u buy dis intake manifold papi

http://www.americanmuscle.com/cobrajet-intake-manifold-1113gt.html

I love the wheels and the uniqueness of it but man I just cant get down with those style hoods and those kinds of wings, unless you got something hiding under the hood...
nerd.gif

i have to applaud her persistance and attention to detail though.  she did not leave a single piece of that car untouched

Back
Top Bottom