\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

eek.gif

Last edited:
Chevy sucks except Da Corvette B.

Hellcat> every car both of them make.
Um wait corvette>hellcat :rolleyes
dodge wasnt even that relevent till the hell cat cause even there srt were barely keeping up with the ss and gt.Let dodge flourish until chevy and ford drop the new zl1 and gt 350.
Hope they come out with a hellcat jeep tho :nerd:

@SneakerPro

i'm thinking if you wanna have a fast car, and you want it reliable*, the best way to go is a car that is super fast STOCK. 

since i believe you said you were considering dropping Hellcat $$, which we discovered was anywhere from 70k to 90k, what about a c6 ZR1? pretty much nobody is ******* with you in that thing

no room for kids but u got the SUV and Corolla for that

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4886502445.html
only 6,700 miles :x  

or if you insist on having space for the kids in all the vehicles, and it could save you some money, what about a 2009+ CTS-V? very fast stock and a couple mods would make it even more ridiculous

and they look great
Cadillac_CTSV_Wagon_041.jpg

those CTS-V's are amazing. Had the pleasure of driving one a couple of times and ohh man..it's a diff beast!

Chevy sucks except Da Corvette B.

Hellcat> every car both of them make.
Um wait corvette>hellcat :rolleyes
dodge wasnt even that relevent till the hell cat cause even there srt were barely keeping up with the ss and gt.Let dodge flourish until chevy and ford drop the new zl1 and gt 350.
Hope they come out with a hellcat jeep tho :nerd:

Yoooo i didnt even think of that :smokin

Last edited:
Rocket bunny :pimp:

I would get the carbon package. White with red interior. FIRE

or I would get the Superman Combo. Blue with red interior/carbon package.

I hear the carbon package option will be available starting april here in the US.

my GAWD. Such a sexy car. everyone that drives one raves about it.

Man everyone brought out the nice whips for Valentines day.  On my short drive to lunch i saw:

Red Ferarri 599

White Porsche 911 GT3 
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

White McLaren MP4

Black Audi R8 v10

So i haven't really seen this talked about previously (at least since i've been recently active in this thread) but car headunits suck. and when we are talking about "smart" headunits...pioneer, ford sync, subaru's clarion bs, they are far from where they should be. integrated systems are the worst since you can't pop out and replace with better aftermarket solution, so the cars with replaceable DDINs even then the problems are all the same.

-Overpriced accessory that fails to bring value for the price paid, ESPECIALLY from a car dealership.

-Software that varies in terms of functionality across platforms, but lacks in performance.

-User interface design is not included in any device. ever. google that software UI for a maclaren or a ferrari. some 1995 **** :x

-For the money, there should be more integration with the DDIN and the cars on board computer. check engine light? why go to an autozone or dealer to find the code? that error code and definition should pop up on screen. its 2015. my google phone automatically updates me about shipping, travel alerts and road conditions in real time. and its a fraction of the size and maybe price.

-seriously. user interface should be really intuitive ESPECIALLY in a driving setting. and the touch screen should be on par with current phones today. period.

-hardware. processing power and GPU should also be on par with what is readily available in cell phones even in the developing market price point (read: moto g). these devices shouldn't be displaying graphics and UI circa windows 98. **** outta here with all that. the cheapest smartphone has better resolution then what carmakers are putting in their cars still to this day.

-navigation should look fluid and modern from a graphics standpoint, but also a connectivity standpoint. i should be able to see realtime road and traffic updates on my navigation screen period. no one is looking to pay around a G for the first generation garmin. def get the **** outta here with that. google maps or ****.

in the past few years, there has been an attempt to merge cell phone functionality with that of the DDIN. Parrot, a Paris based company developed a DDIN, running on android, but from what ive seen wasn't fully executed right. i don't think the devices was updated, and had some bugs. recently, google and apple have come out with automotive solutions that could run on say...a pioneer.

not bad..

but here is the best iteration yet, of truly bringing a better, contemporary tech experience to the dash. This is Parrot's second go at it, and it looks fire. Responsive, intuitive, plugs into ODB for car diagnostics, integrates with separately sold dash cam, and i think it integrates with a rearview, not sure if by them tho, as all cars made now by law have integrated backup cams.

android 5.0 based, with up to date specs. can run apple car software regardless of android platform, idk what jutsu they used to pull that off but its there. Released later this year, so itll be a while. but looks awesome so far.

i don't plan on buying any other car, unless i get to upgrade my WRX to STI, but both use a double DIN so im set either way.

what do you guys think?

Hey 335 guy's what have you done to your suspension?

I was looking into getting some e92 M3 front control arms and some koni FSD's or koni yellow's

I got this sony headunit

It has like a 5 inch touchscreen with bluetooth and everything

It was like 400 at bestbuy but it was on clelrance and then j talked to the manager for extra discount and it came out to like 120

I haven't really put much thought into this but you are 100% right.

Some companies charge 2k plus for an upgraded navi/infotainment system but it really isn't anything special.

Like you said it wouldn't be hard i think because phones can do it all.

I personally dont even use my cars navi because im more comfortable using my phone and im really not accustomed to the interface. ( I want to say it sucks but i really haven't put much effort into using it.)

When i was considering buying a Porsche i was looking into an upgrade on the horrible center stack that the 996/997s come with.

I found people were doing ipads in the dash and this is really the only time i really sat down and thought about all of the things that we could benefit from having. Traffic updates/ Weather stuff/ Better Navigation/ etc

Pic for those who were wondering.

So i haven't really seen this talked about previously (at least since i've been recently active in this thread) but car headunits suck. and when we are talking about "smart" headunits...pioneer, ford sync, subaru's clarion bs, they are far from where they should be. integrated systems are the worst since you can't pop out and replace with better aftermarket solution, so the cars with replaceable DDINs even then the problems are all the same.

-Overpriced accessory that fails to bring value for the price paid, ESPECIALLY from a car dealership.

-Software that varies in terms of functionality across platforms, but lacks in performance.

-User interface design is not included in any device. ever. google that software UI for a maclaren or a ferrari. some 1995 ****
sick.gif

-For the money, there should be more integration with the DDIN and the cars on board computer. check engine light? why go to an autozone or dealer to find the code? that error code and definition should pop up on screen. its 2015. my google phone automatically updates me about shipping, travel alerts and road conditions in real time. and its a fraction of the size and maybe price.

-seriously. user interface should be really intuitive ESPECIALLY in a driving setting. and the touch screen should be on par with current phones today. period.

-hardware. processing power and GPU should also be on par with what is readily available in cell phones even in the developing market price point (read: moto g). these devices shouldn't be displaying graphics and UI circa windows 98. **** outta here with all that. the cheapest smartphone has better resolution then what carmakers are putting in their cars still to this day.

-navigation should look fluid and modern from a graphics standpoint, but also a connectivity standpoint. i should be able to see realtime road and traffic updates on my navigation screen period. no one is looking to pay around a G for the first generation garmin. def get the **** outta here with that. google maps or ****.

in the past few years, there has been an attempt to merge cell phone functionality with that of the DDIN. Parrot, a Paris based company developed a DDIN, running on android, but from what ive seen wasn't fully executed right. i don't think the devices was updated, and had some bugs. recently, google and apple have come out with automotive solutions that could run on say...a pioneer.

not bad..

but here is the best iteration yet, of truly bringing a better, contemporary tech experience to the dash. This is Parrot's second go at it, and it looks fire. Responsive, intuitive, plugs into ODB for car diagnostics, integrates with separately sold dash cam, and i think it integrates with a rearview, not sure if by them tho, as all cars made now by law have integrated backup cams.

android 5.0 based, with up to date specs. can run apple car software regardless of android platform, idk what jutsu they used to pull that off but its there. Released later this year, so itll be a while. but looks awesome so far.

i don't plan on buying any other car, unless i get to upgrade my WRX to STI, but both use a double DIN so im set either way.

what do you guys think?
1 word

Tablet

I've done this both the Ferrari and the lambo. Do the Ferrari for sure.

As for the domestic debate, corvette over anything else coming out of Detroit. The hellcat numbers wise is cool. But no way does a hellcat have the street presence of a vette. The vette is actually the only car I would say in on par with other super car styling. They're so beautiful.

People on the road will say nice challenger and as soon as a corvette, lambo, Ferrari pulls up, no one will even give the challenger a second look

-User interface design is not included in any device. ever. google that software UI for a maclaren or a ferrari. some 1995 **** :x

not bad..

what do you guys think?
1 word

Tablet

I haven't really put much thought into this but you are 100% right.

Some companies charge 2k plus for an upgraded navi/infotainment system but it really isn't anything special.

Like you said it wouldn't be hard i think because phones can do it all.

I personally dont even use my cars navi because im more comfortable using my phone and im really not accustomed to the interface. ( I want to say it sucks but i really haven't put much effort into using it.)

When i was considering buying a Porsche i was looking into an upgrade on the horrible center stack that the 996/997s come with.

I found people were doing ipads in the dash and this is really the only time i really sat down and thought about all of the things that we could benefit from having. Traffic updates/ Weather stuff/ Better Navigation/ etc

Pic for those who were wondering.

i think the tablet is a very creative solution to this problem. not even mad at this. tablet probably offers more than any DDIN, plus allows for endless DIY possibilities esp with android based tablets as they are open source.

i guess the one drawback is that you'd have to find a special dash mount to house the tablet, since u just cant stick it in there, and you have to connect it appropriately. still cool tho.

but if u are paying for a car that cost at least 25, and doesn't come with the info/nav system, it shouldn't cost as much as a macbook to get that added to your car, but not function as well as one.

and if you are getting a high end ride which includes these systems, then damn, make them worth the premium price.

i guess most people don't complain about it, so car makers have very little incentive to stop ripping people off. also the general population isn't tech savy enough to care for change.

still its nice to see the recent push for better tech in cars...like Parrot....or Tesla
tesla-dash-mounts.jpg

^this is a lot going on imo, but it has to be easy to use, otherwise it wouldn't be safe :lol:

Back
Top Bottom