\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

any wrangler owners in here?
i daily drive my heffer JKU 
just bought a 17 JKU. Love it so far, cant wait to get that top off.

Honda quality has been laughable in recent memory (civic had to be relaunched after 2 years) and most Toyotas are built on America so...

They relaunched the civic due to poor aesthetic design and sales, not quality

All manufacturers are localized to their market. A honda has the same if not more American made parts than GM at this point

You're paying for Japanese engineering, not manufacturing. Big big difference between the way the Japanese design parts and the way Americans design parts. Japanese are way more conservative and resistant to change

Not saying the Americans don't design good products (see GM magnetic suspension). The Japanese simply is better at designing for reliability

@avthegod YEP, I HAVE A WARRANTY.

AND IN REGARDS TO RELIABILITY, MY 2004 TAHOE WAS A BEAST! I HAD IT FOR 3 YRS(PURCHASED IT IN 2012) AND NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES! I NEVER EVEN GOT A BRAKE JOB ON IT IN 3 YRS. THE ONLY WORK THAT HAD TO BE DONE WAS 1 OF THE ABS HUB SENSORS WENT OUT... OTHER THAN THAT, I HAD ZERO ISSUES. NEVER ANY DASH INDICATOR LIGHTS, NO LEAKS, NO WEIRD NOISES.... LIKE YOU SAID, AS LONG AS YOU TAKE CARE OF IT PROPERLY, YOU WILL HAVE NO ISSUES.

Last edited:
@avthegod YEP, I HAVE A WARRANTY.

AND IN REGARDS TO RELIABILITY, MY 2004 TAHOE WAS A BEAST! I HAD IT FOR 3 YRS(PURCHASED IT IN 2012) AND NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES! I NEVER EVEN GOT A BRAKE JOB ON IT IN 3 YRS. THE ONLY WORK THAT HAD TO BE DONE WAS 1 OF THE ABS HUB SENSORS WENT OUT... OTHER THAN THAT, I HAD ZERO ISSUES. NEVER ANY DASH INDICATOR LIGHTS, NO LEAKS, NO WEIRD NOISES.... LIKE YOU SAID, AS LONG AS YOU TAKE CARE OF IT PROPERLY, YOU WILL HAVE NO ISSUES.

Yes and no

Some of us get lucky with cars with no issues while some have the same car and have absolutely every issue under the sun

Updates on our track car build. Decided to make it a full track car. If yall remember when we got it last year it was completely stock with 40k miles. Got it down to 2,860lbs, added aero, and Hoosier slicks. It feels ridiculous now. Im interested to see what it can run at Sonoma now. Last time out before the aero/weight reduction/slicks it was running 1:55

at this point in 2017, are there any brand new cars that are still considered terrible to buy for reliability?

or for the most part any brand new car you buy no matter the brand you should be fine?
Stay away from Dodge/Chrysler.  Not only have their brands been listed on most reports as the most unreliable car brands, but I have multiple friends who had recent Dodge/Chrysler cars. EVERY single one of them started to have major issues after 60K.  It was a nightmare for them.  Needless to say, they traded them in for Japanese cars and haven't looked back since.  

I'd still stay away from American cars. Their standards might have improved but aren't up to par with the Japanese.

Honda quality has been laughable in recent memory (civic had to be relaunched after 2 years) and most Toyotas are built on America so...

No mater how much Hondas quality dips it will always be superior to an American car regardless how how many times one of their car gets "relaunched".

Yeah, Toyota also has plants in Mexico, England, Argentina, France, etc. What's your point.

It's Japanese tech at car plants that have much higher standards for building cars than American car companies.

My statement holds true.

Nothing crazy but just got this 2017 on Saturday. Loving it so far.

nice :pimp:

I was trying to get my mom into a CR-V ot a Toyota Rav-4, but she chose a Chevy Equinox :smh:

any wrangler owners in here?
i daily drive my heffer JKU 
just bought a 17 JKU. Love it so far, cant wait to get that top off.

niiiiicceeeee *Fab voice*

thinking about renting one of these memorial day weekend and riding with the doors off thru ocean drive 8)

Just got it yesterday and loving it so far. Already ordered carbon decklid spoiler and rear diffuser and also thinking about doing a muffler delete

I see you, pearl white with the black/red guts like you playing checkers :smokin

Just got it yesterday and loving it so far. Already ordered carbon decklid spoiler and rear diffuser and also thinking about doing a muffler delete

came so close to buying a blue one before i ended up getting another c63. the one i was looking at had a full vorsteiner cf kit on it. made it look sooo much better.

came so close to buying a blue one before i ended up getting another c63. the one i was looking at had a full vorsteiner cf kit on it. made it look sooo much better.
I really wanted the San Marino blue but there was only like 2 in the whole nation for sale when I was looking. The parts I ordered were vorsteiner so it should make the rear super aggressive :D

niiiiicceeeee *Fab voice*

thinking about renting one of these memorial day weekend and riding with the doors off thru ocean drive
glasses.gif
I'm feeling this picture
pimp.gif
Thanks, fellas.  I love the thing so far, I haven't been these amped on a car since I was 16 (in '99)
laugh.gif

You should def rent one.  I am heading down to the jersey shore for mem day, hoping the weather is nice so I can pop the top and doors off.  Will def be taking it on the beach with the pups during the day no matter what the weather is though.

Clean car bro... Stock rims?
Been looking at the wranglers, still looking around for a good deal....gona wait till this quarter ends and hoping some good deals will pop up.

Yeah they are stock 18s. It is the "smokey mountain" edition. I had them take the decals off when i bought it :lol: i like the wheels but im prob going to get 17s or maybe 18s with a higher offset and 33s and a minor ~1" lift.

i'm a adult now , just copped my first actual car (previous 2 were hand me downs) title and insurance under my name.

Back
Top Bottom