\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Sorry for the double post i didnt peep these responses

From what im reading on google a black tag is a license plate?
Yes lol shouldve been more clear. The market/appeal of them here is crazy. Ill post a pic when i get mine in

My mustang had the black plate that I paid an extra $50 a year for, does that number follow my next car?
You in DE? You can transfer them to any vehicle

20171113_091802.jpg

What is this Niketalk?... It's a Fiat... I don't think it's an X1/9...
it could be.. Just with some mods. Looks like a Bertone design non the less

Test drove a GTI today and can confirm there’s definitely space in the back seat for the Mrs and car seat. Trunk was able to fit the jogger stroller with ease too. Going back around February to purchase one as I’ll have paid down the Gen some more.

None of the Porsche dealers I've called are taking deposits for the Model E yet. Apparently there was a training about a week ago but still about the same information available. Supposed to slot in between 911 and Panamera. Shorter than the Pan. Priced cheaper (though he said corporate was vague on whether it was based on Pan hybrid pricing or base Pan but I believe a Porsche chair gave the $85k figure so it could be even lower but I doubt by much) and for those that are eager it seems like, in Ohio at least, there are very few with their name down on waiting lists.

If Porsche puts a 300 mile range on an all electric that looks like the mission e concept and can slot it in the sub 90K range I would be first in line. That concept is so incredible looking. I have a dream of buying this car in white, dropping it on a set of KWv3 coilovers and putting gunmetal TE37 20 inch wheels on and being happy for like a decade with it. I’ve never been a fan of the Tesla look and Porsche has the rep and build quality to pull off an all electric with killer styling. I’m crossing my fingers.

GT3RS had a coolant leak. Massive insurance headache

Edit:

None of the Porsche dealers I've called are taking deposits for the Model E yet. Apparently there was a training about a week ago but still about the same information available. Supposed to slot in between 911 and Panamera. Shorter than the Pan. Priced cheaper (though he said corporate was vague on whether it was based on Pan hybrid pricing or base Pan but I believe a Porsche chair gave the $85k figure so it could be even lower but I doubt by much) and for those that are eager it seems like, in Ohio at least, there are very few with their name down on waiting lists.

Biggest nuisance of Mezger engines is the coolant line failure (and the fact that Porsche never issued a recall). Happened to me while driving along the highway the 4th day I had my GT3. To say I was pissed would be an understatement.

Regarding the Model E, you're talking to the wrong dealers. Every dealer I've spoken with has been taking deposits for months now. The list at my local dealer is nearly 30 deep. I briefly considered putting my name down, but the spy shots don't look that good to me. I'll reserve judgement until the official photos come out, but if I'm that eager to buy a 4-door Porsche as a daily driver, I'll look no further than the Sport Turismo.

Anyone see that video of the ring crash recently?

GT3RS had a coolant leak. Massive insurance headache

Edit:

Goodness that video was painful to watch.

Also, dealers will happily take a deposit from you, but it doesn't mean you'll actually get a car and vice versa if you're not interested in it when its fully revealed (refundable). Pretty much just lets them know "hey, call this guy when we're ready to make some money from him". Leave them a check for 2.5k, they won't even deposit it. As always with cars like these, they're going to pry for a market adjustment, and then call the people that have purchased multiple expensive cars from them (918 Club included). Then maybe their family members, then it's your turn. Lists mean nothing to these guys and it isn't real until you get a formal allocation. A check is basically a post-it note saying you want this car and to give it to you before someone comes in randomly on a Sunday and gets it.

^ Mostly true, especially with regards to the GT cars, but Porsche is going to pump out as many Mission E's as humanly possible and I have no doubts that anyone who wants one will be able to buy one.

:ohwell: So what you all are saying is I'm not cool enough to eat at the Porsche table yet? Of the people that I talked to most seemed really genuine but they do this for a living so I don't doubt that there's some validity to what's being said. I'm not dying to be one of the first to get it (provided I really like the final design) so getting it at any point even if I have to get one that's already spec'd or wait a little bit is fine with me.

nelson999 nelson999 Read the post on Rennlist about it. It's amazing.

:ohwell: So what you all are saying is I'm not cool enough to eat at the Porsche table yet? Of the people that I talked to most seemed really genuine but they do this for a living so I don't doubt that there's some validity to what's being said. I'm not dying to be one of the first to get it (provided I really like the final design) so getting it at any point even if I have to get one that's already spec'd or wait a little bit is fine with me.

nelson999 nelson999 Read the post on Rennlist about it. It's amazing.

If you don’t mind waiting a bit, you should be fine to get into a mission E. But my guess is that at the price point they’re estimating, coupled with some state rebates or federal tax credit, there will be super high demand to start. It isn’t a limited car, but as always hype will run its course. The problem with Porsche is that they’re super popular and their clientele tends to have dough ready as soon as they hear the phone ring. Makes it difficult for normal guys like me to get a car I might be able to afford, but don’t have the background. And this is coming from a guy who owns a 991 and a Panamera from the same dealership.

If you can wait a year after release you should be okay.

I would even consider getting a Tesla lease for the time being just so you don’t get too impatient.

002475C2-FBFF-4569-B723-FF753702BCD1.jpeg
14283385-4BFE-43BC-84F6-BFEEDCA036EE.jpeg
I want to build one of these
I almost bought a silverado like the one from the bottom picture fully built but i ended up getting a super low mileage yukon with the color i wanted for less. Love both of those trucks but people are taxxin like crazy for them smh

Both great choices, I have owned 2 of each! The Lightnings are pretty fun right out of the box, and the whine of the supercharger is intoxicating. The Sierra/Silverado's, you would need to swap in a 6.0 or turbo one of the V8 one's to really have fun with it.

Lowered.jpg

Red2.jpg

sierra bagged.jpg

Side.jpg
The stepside is soon beautiful

Back
Top Bottom