\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Thats a neat impala. Looks like someone took their time with it. Wheels are not my taste but they fit this time around.

As far as the two tone it depends on the car and how its executed. This isnt bad.
It is neat for sure. Not feeling the wheels at all though just my opinion. Agreed 2 tone depends on vehicle...in this case I would've gone full grey..overall dope ride

cuz its a foreign
domestic trucks r cheap and reliable

kinda want a 12v cummins
Oh gotcha. Probably harder to find reliable shops that can work on foreigns assuming one can't work on it themselves. Cummins is fire- do it! Will you be using it as a truck & doing trucky things in it?

cuz its a foreign
domestic trucks r cheap and reliable

kinda want a 12v cummins
The 90s 12vs are still very expensive ( for the year and compared to the gassers the same year) because of the legendary Cummins they come equipped with. Diesel trucks are great and I would recommend them if you tow or need the extra payload but if you dont need it for any of those things stick with a gasser because repairs will be very expensive.

1000% agreed...I'm not a fan of 2 tone myself. It's either 1 color or the other. On a Rolls it could work I mean then again them cars are on a diff level top to bottom. A black roof on white body Range looks dope...Panda theme. Man what was the avg. On thdm H1s? Like 10 maybe less? My Challenger in city driving I avg 7-10mph :rofl: & I love it lol. So these are street legal in all 50 states? I wouldn't want my cars near that behemoth on a 2 way street crossing. This rig makes Rams & SuperDuty Fords look small, its frieking MASSIVE!
2 tones paint jobs with the right color scheme look better than 1 solid color especially if its white black or grey

bale bale Oh yeahhh those oldschool LR, those were fire in 2 tone mainly because of the roof. And goddamn that Rolls is elegant! Looks 1940s era- a very sophisticated & beautiful era of automobiles. You sold your LR because of maintenance? Curious why trucks are expensive to own? I've never had one so I wouldn't know hence why I'm asking
traded it in at like around 110K miles I think? this was like a little over 14 years ago. repairs were getting expensive + gas prices, I simply didn't have the money. didn't have a big line of credit either but that was a good thing since the truck was turning into a money pit, electrical problems that plague Land Rovers were turning into $500 dollar repairs. Insurance was killing me too, I downgraded to a Honda Accord and haven't really looked back. If I splurge on a vehicle again I may look into the G-Wagon, I always liked them ever since seeing them advertised in the 90's in Dupont Registry. I think trucks are expensive due to the fuel costs & tires, I remember Michelins for the Rover being pricey. Insurance too, I did have back to back to back tickets in a short period of time but there's the cost of replacement thing that has gotta be driving premiums up so high these days. Wish I had better guidance/words of wisdom to offer but that's all I can really recall RN. maybe not much pricier than a muscular sports car equipped w/ good tires tho.

Speaking of wraps. Thinking of doing my targa in ultraviolet or a matte ultraviolet

Attachments

• C3DA9C8F-2D70-40C2-AD88-AC59D2DA6B37.jpeg
    C3DA9C8F-2D70-40C2-AD88-AC59D2DA6B37.jpeg
    752.5 KB · Views: 46

Having now been around a car that had a spray wrap, I can honestly say, it freaking SUCKS when you want to get rid of it.

The F-Type SVR my wife recently bought was actually wrapped a awful red color (a much brighter shade that the interior, so it looked awful). When my wife was searching for a car in Ultra Blue Metallic, this car, which was wrapped in the photos, always showed up and we weren't sure why as we didn't read the description or go into all the photos. But the last photo of the engine bag showed the underside of the hood and it was blue.

So once she made an offer (the car was on consignment) part of the deal was to have the wrap removed. Thank goodness they did it as it would have been a royal PITA to do it ourselves. Plus we wanted him to see if the paint was damaged before the deal progressed forward (it wasn't, so it was a go).

Fast forward to the car arriving and the weather getting a little warmer. The dealer had their detailer do a good job in removing most of it, but the spray wrap was (and still is) in the door jambs, all over the hinges, and on the weatherstripping. For the most part, I got 95% of it off and only a few small signs of it. But yes, spray wraps are a crapshow to remove! Such a mess!!

I love how everytime you mention its your wife’s F-Type as if we didnt know by now. :lol:

Well, I'm not going to say it's mine, because I'd be lying! It isn't. 👍 Whenever we go out with it and someone says to me "nice car" I thank them and say "it's her car" and point to my wife. Kinda shocks them when they hear that!

I'll just use "the" instead of "her's". 👍🙂

Having now been around a car that had a spray wrap, I can honestly say, it freaking SUCKS when you want to get rid of it.
Yeah I'm not a fan of anything that needs to get sprayed that's "removable". Wraps are meh to me also why spend 2500+ for a layer of vinyl 🤣
Keep it 100
Forreal nothing wrong with mentioning whos car it is when your talking about it. I remember there was a point in time cats was flexing their dads/work/friends cars and trying to pass it their own in the thread

The F-Type SVR my wife recently bought was actually wrapped a awful red color (a much brighter shade that the interior, so it looked awful). When my wife was searching for a car in Ultra Blue Metallic, this car, which was wrapped in the photos, always showed up and we weren't sure why as we didn't read the description or go into all the photos. But the last photo of the engine bag showed the underside of the hood and it was blue.

So once she made an offer (the car was on consignment) part of the deal was to have the wrap removed. Thank goodness they did it as it would have been a royal PITA to do it ourselves. Plus we wanted him to see if the paint was damaged before the deal progressed forward (it wasn't, so it was a go).

Fast forward to the car arriving and the weather getting a little warmer. The dealer had their detailer do a good job in removing most of it, but the spray wrap was (and still is) in the door jambs, all over the hinges, and on the weatherstripping. For the most part, I got 95% of it off and only a few small signs of it. But yes, spray wraps are a crapshow to remove! Such a mess!!

yeah i call those spray wraps just for the gram wraps lol, might look good thru the screen of an iphone but in person quality is different.
Well, I'm not going to say it's mine, because I'd be lying! It isn't. 👍 Whenever we go out with it and someone says to me "nice car" I thank them and say "it's her car" and point to my wife. Kinda shocks them when they hear that!

I'll just use "the" instead of "her's". 👍🙂
i have no issue with saying its your wife's car.

its cool that yall both enjoy the car, all love <3

Yeah I'm not a fan of anything that needs to get sprayed that's "removable". Wraps are meh to me also why spend 2500+ for a layer of vinyl 🤣

Forreal nothing wrong with mentioning whos car it is when your talking about it. I remember there was a point in time cats was flexing their dads/work/friends cars and trying to pass it their own in the thread
if you buy a used car with a wack color, or the paint is kinda faded, or you want to try a new color its honestly not a bad thing to do to get it vinyl wrapped.
with that being said nothing comes close to a beautiful paint job.

having a beautiful deep layer of paint thats like a mirror is miles better than any wrap in my opinoin

if you buy a used car with a wack color, or the paint is kinda faded, or you want to try a new color its honestly not a bad thing to do to get it vinyl wrapped.
with that being said nothing comes close to a beautiful paint job.

having a beautiful deep layer of paint thats like a mirror is miles better than any wrap in my opinoin

Exactly right. It's why when I bought my Mustang GT many years ago, people were doing vinyl LeMans stripes on the 2005+. I didn't want that as I knew I was going to keep the car forever (god willing) so vinyl wasn't going to work. It's why I had my stripes painted on. Everytime I wash and wax my car, the stripes, going on 14+ years now, look as good as they did when they were new. Shiny & smooth, and not faded or cracked like vinyl. 👍

Paint is> any wrap. If I have clean healthy paint on my car I'd want to show it off instead of wrapping it & hiding it. It all looks awesome through a screen but in person the quality is somewhat different. Good to do if you're trying to protect the paint I guess. They have so many diff types of wrap now too vinyl, spray, dip etc...

Back
Top Bottom