\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Fr might be time to leave the car at home and use the scraper bike instead :lol:
Fortunately I'm blessed to have my place of business in town with a 5 minute commute. I couldn't imagine having to commute from the valley or across the bay to conduct business on a daily basis. Going out is where my wallet is getting hit, my daily gets 13.5 miles to the gallon :lol:

Some glamour shots of my eco friendly ride from this past weekend
0798F73D-5F47-418F-8ECA-94B0AC5CC0BB.jpeg
6949843B-6E49-458F-932A-295DC7D9348E.jpeg
E648D306-78CE-4AA6-92A9-C8099A10E989.jpeg
DB31600F-DCD6-4B3D-8DF3-3AE7A144FFBA.jpeg
38586C55-E994-4180-9247-3886ADCC126F.jpeg
0798F73D-5F47-418F-8ECA-94B0AC5CC0BB.jpeg

Been lurking this thread when I pop over to NT whenever I have a slower day.
We put down the $1,000 deposit on a new I4 - dealer says time line looks like late Q4 2022 or Q1 2023...we'll see. We're not in a huge rush but it'll be replacing a 2012 Prius and is our first electric...it'll be my wife's, so she's designing.

Build looks to be something like this:
i4 w/ M Sport design.
Dravit Grey Metalic; 19 in rims; black vernasca leather w/ open pore fine wood oak grain trim.

Options:
Parking assistance
Premium Package
Adaptive M Suspension
Front ventilated seats
Iconic sounds
Wireless charging
Harmon Kardon
Driver Recorder
Also put a deposit down on an i4 M50 a couple weeks ago. Needed that AWD. Went with Dravit Grey ext. with Tacora Red interior sensatec. Only option I’m still debating is DAPP. Salesman said they’ll contact me before the production order is sent so I can make any final changes.

Lease buyback for the 5 series was a no go. Dealer offer came in 4k less than my buyout amount. The savings over the remaining life of the lease equaled roughly two monthly payments. Didn’t seem worth it.

Hell nah tell me that’s Canadian dollars.
That'd be even worse since they pump by the liter & not gallon. I rmbr visiting Montreal & Toronto & goddamn the gas was bleeding our pockets. If I rmbr correctly about 20-23 liters of gas cost us 90-100 buckeroos

I also checked out the Lucid before the MS and obviously the Taycan, as Porsche ownership is very pleasant. Lucid exterior didn't do it for me.

I was pretty dead-set on the Taycan. I even picked up a SR+ Model 3, because I knew I would need autopilot once I sold my MX. After driving the Taycan back to back with the MS, it was difficult for me to see the value-proposition on it (in my situation it would have been a Taycan 4s). I think from the exterior the Taycan is one of the nicest cars on the road. But living in LA, you eventually get bored of anything that's not a million dollar car because they start popping up everywhere around you, even the worst of neighborhoods. I love that the S looks different, but you can't quite tell how or why with the wider fenders.

Tesla has been good to me, in fact the FSD/Autopilot has been the key dealbreaker in me straying away because I have such a long commute. In the spur of the moment I decided that I would go with the Model S, and I am so happy I did. To get the same 0-60 from a Taycan you would need to be spending at least 160k, and I think as you said, the UI would still leave a lot to be desired. Shame they didn't improve brakes as you mentioned, but I guess they needed an excuse to sell a 20k BBK. The UP BBK seems to be a lot better value or even the Mountain Pass kit. Considering i'm inside the car more than I am outside looking-in, I think I made the best decision for the money.

Still love everything Porsche, nothing is gonna change that.
Its very true and kinda crazy how in LA you can't really stand out with any car lol

I think its better this way because it breeds creativity

is honda marking up their prices too?

Wanted to get my pops a new SUV and he only likes Honda :lol:

I was also thinking xc90 but the design is kinda dated exterior wise.

Its very true and kinda crazy how in LA you can't really stand out with any car lol

I think its better this way because it breeds creativity

Socal car culture is crazy and yeah hard to stand out for modern cars. NYC too. Nothing really turns my head or makes me do a double take cept a nice Porsche or exotic but ive seen tons of those here and thats the same for anywhere. Exotics will always turn heads.

I seen alot more Teslas in LA than in NY though. Theres a lot of model 3’s and Y’s here but not too many X’s.

Socal car culture is crazy and yeah hard to stand out for modern cars. NYC too. Nothing really turns my head or makes me do a double take cept a nice Porsche or exotic but ive seen tons of those here and thats the same for anywhere. Exotics will always turn heads.

I seen alot more Teslas in LA than in NY though. Theres a lot of model 3’s and Y’s here but not too many X’s.

Teslas in LA don't stand out at all. That's why there's so many wrapped ones in general I think. Also debated wrapping my 3 but felt that it just looked too clean in black.

IMG_6173.jpeg

IMG_6172.jpeg

Teslas in LA don't stand out at all. That's why there's so many wrapped ones in general I think. Also debated wrapping my 3 but felt that it just looked too clean in black.

IMG_6173.jpeg

IMG_6172.jpeg
man i think my theory of anything looks damn good in gloss black

you cannot go wrong with black imo

black cars with clean paint i appreciate so much cuz i know its a pain to keep it nice :lol:

man i think my theory of anything looks damn good in gloss black

you cannot go wrong with black imo

black cars with clean paint i appreciate so much cuz i know its a pain to keep it nice :lol:
I second that opinion 1,000%. All black/gloss black is IT! Paint any car or pretty much anything black & it'll look 🔥 . One of my sis-in-law has the same Tesla model 3 in white with them fan blade wheels & it looks like doo-doo 🤢 but in the pics posted above, being black, it looks really good. Insane what one shade of color can do to cars. Black sinks, black toilets, black utensils, black Chinaware, black diamonds, black wheels all are so fire to me.

Also put a deposit down on an i4 M50 a couple weeks ago. Needed that AWD. Went with Dravit Grey ext. with Tacora Red interior sensatec. Only option I’m still debating is DAPP. Salesman said they’ll contact me before the production order is sent so I can make any final changes.

Lease buyback for the 5 series was a no go. Dealer offer came in 4k less than my buyout amount. The savings over the remaining life of the lease equaled roughly two monthly payments. Didn’t seem worth it.

We’re likely going to test drive the M but honestly for us, and specifically my wife, it’s probably too powerful for her as a daily and the range is more important. I heard the same as you, we have a couple things we may tweak or add but have some time.

Next question is do we lease or buy. We’ve never leased but it’s the first generation and electric so we’re slightly more open to a lease.

Back
Top Bottom