\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

If it were me, I wouldn't do it for multiple reasons. First, have you driven a 600LT? If not, you won't like the ride. Coming from friends who have McLarens (12C, 650S, McLaren GT) they say the ride is so harsh, it feels like the car has no suspension. If you are used to that ride in the 911, it's gonna jar you big time (unless you like that kind of ride).

2nd, the quality of McLarens are well documented. They are not good in reliability (this is not me saying, but friends who own them and people in the car business who see it daily). At least with your 911, they are pretty solid. And also, certain McLarens just drop in value. How much is the LT you are looking at?
this
mclarens good if u wanna keep it for 6 months
long term porsche prolly better

To each their own, i just couldnt let that false statement live lol. It’s funny you make one factual statement and a band of weirdos come out to hate EVs lol (not necessarily you, this goes for any public discussion). Reminds me of when the iphone came out and i was hating saying it was trash and i want to stick with my physical keyboard

Personally im taking the plaid. Faster and way more versatile

Id probably take a Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo over the 911 as well.

Its faster by a bit, but over a Turbo S?

You ok bro?

The Only Tesla that interests me is the Plaid and the track pack or whatever they call it. Since the price dropped its a cool and useful 5 door. I’m still scared of quality issues and Elon doesn’t like people like me lol. As a daily would be nice except the size would make parking tougher downtown.

Been driving this for 4 months now with about 1,200 miles on it and as a daily it’s perfect. Quicker than most, same Lexus quality, rides higher than a car but not high as a crossover. Tons of utility and I like the features. The range is on the low end but I only drive 10-20 miles most days and even when I drive 100 miles or so i’m fine. If it’s an only car it would be a worry.

To be able to just go home and plug it in the wall is awesome. The electric bill hasn’t moved. I get Teslas popularity now especially with their supercharger network for those that use it as an only car.

Thinking going white or black and modding it.
IMG_9364.jpeg
these r solid
personally the ranchero aka rivian is the nicest from the outside

1689109401011.png

1689109423747.png

If it were me, I wouldn't do it for multiple reasons. First, have you driven a 600LT? If not, you won't like the ride. Coming from friends who have McLarens (12C, 650S, McLaren GT) they say the ride is so harsh, it feels like the car has no suspension. If you are used to that ride in the 911, it's gonna jar you big time (unless you like that kind of ride).

2nd, the quality of McLarens are well documented. They are not good in reliability (this is not me saying, but friends who own them and people in the car business who see it daily). At least with your 911, they are pretty solid. And also, certain McLarens just drop in value. How much is the LT you are looking at?
I would be out of pocket around 55k plus tax. No, I haven’t driven one, just a 570s up and down the street prior to buying the Targa.

It’s definitely tough to go more exotic when you are spoiled by Porsche reliability. The exotic stuff out there just seems much more delicate to maintain/drive. (Sans Huracan, which is moot since I already have a 5.2l R8 )

I would be out of pocket around 55k plus tax. No, I haven’t driven one, just a 570s up and down the street prior to buying the Targa.

It’s definitely tough to go more exotic when you are spoiled by Porsche reliability. The exotic stuff out there just seems much more delicate to maintain/drive. (Sans Huracan, which is moot since I already have a 5.2l R8 )

I would say that just because the Huracan and R8 share the same motor, they are VASTLY different. If you haven't driven a Huracan yet, you should. And not a early LP580/610 but an Evo or better yet, a Performante. I have a friend who has a Perf and he loves it so much, he'll never get rid of it. It's got everything he needs, it's fast enough and edgy enough to not worry about going up to the Technica or STO.

But definitely drive an Evo. My wife and I got invited to take them out together. She had the Coupe (the actual press blue with black/orange trim interior car all the journalists drove) and I had the Spyder. We had them for an hour. It was such a blast driving around the area. Didn't even need to fast. Just leave in Corsa mode and it revved so fast and loud it was a riot. Definitely more edgy than an R8. If money was no object, I'd find the right Evo or Perf and call it a day. Only issue for your situation would be the delta would be a lot higher in terms of cash outlay. But, we only live once, right? 🤟

I would say that just because the Huracan and R8 share the same motor, they are VASTLY different. If you haven't driven a Huracan yet, you should. And not a early LP580/610 but an Evo or better yet, a Performante. I have a friend who has a Perf and he loves it so much, he'll never get rid of it. It's got everything he needs, it's fast enough and edgy enough to not worry about going up to the Technica or STO.

But definitely drive an Evo. My wife and I got invited to take them out together. She had the Coupe (the actual press blue with black/orange trim interior car all the journalists drove and I had the Spyder. We had them for an hour. It was such a blast driving around the area. Didn't even need to fast. Just leave in Corsa mode and it revved so fast and loud it was a riot. Definitely more edgy than an R8.
Evo is def fun but i might sound nitpicky the infotainment system is a pain to use and soundsystem sucks

But definitely drive an Evo. My wife and I got invited to take them out together. She had the Coupe (the actual press blue with black/orange trim interior car all the journalists drove) and I had the Spyder. We had them for an hour. It was such a blast driving around the area. Didn't even need to fast. Just leave in Corsa mode and it revved so fast and loud it was a riot. Definitely more edgy than an R8. If money was no object, I'd find the right Evo or Perf and call it a day. Only issue for your situation would be the delta would be a lot higher in terms of cash outlay. But, we only live once, right? 🤟

Driven em all, from TT Huracans to Evo to STO.

No tecnica or sterratos.

They are edgier, more delicate, that’s a good thing. I prefer the Huracan but if having two cars instead of one means I get an R8 and something else, I’ll go that route every time. My R8 already shakes the neighborhood as is, and I love it.

They’re not “vastly” different to me, other than the Huracan gets more geeks approaching me at gas stations asking if I wanna trade.

Evo is def fun but i might sound nitpicky the infotainment system is a pain to use and soundsystem sucks

Who really cares about the soundsystem in a Lamborghini? The car makes the best soundtrack vs anything the radio can play. When we had the cars out, that system & radio was OFF, lol! 😂

If that's the case, don't go for the Mclaren. If you only had the Porsche and wanted to experience that 2 seater exotic sports car, then I'd say maybe. But you already have that with the Audi R8. Might as well utilize that to fulfill that need and hold on to the Targa.

What about the Turbo S is better?

Looks are subjective
Handling is better and the smaller car makes it fun

In practicality and just about everything else, Plaid wins

I mean no harm and I get it but in this theoretical question (which yes, if you were to have only one car that does everything blah blah) but anyone picking a Tesla over any 911 sans a Turbo S…I mean cmon. :lol:

Try the 600LT.. this will continue to happen as 911 price creep is just giving people sticker shock… more will jump to an actual exotic. ..

As for the 911 Turbo vs Plaid, the turbo is one of the greatest useable performance cars of all time.

meant to post about this but as much as the g80s have received flack for their front end
the speed on that car seems to very bonkers

just one example of many if u search utube
kindaaaa makes me want one

Current M3/M4 are performance monsters. Mods and they fly. A base or used one is a bargain. Unfortunately looks like a monster as well.

Eh, I got over the grill. Though I like the 3 over the 4. The shape of the coupe just doesn't have a cohesive design. The 3 is just right with proportions.

Eh, I got over the grill. Though I like the 3 over the 4. The shape of the coupe just doesn't have a cohesive design. The 3 is just right with proportions.

When my eyes are closed it looks great 🤣. I agree the M3 overall is better, the M4/4 series is a mess. Lowering it and larger wheels helps with the ungainliness. Dark colors. Sunglasses. Blindfold. 🤣

Performance wise they are off the charts modded.

Would it be worth trading my 911 for a 600LT?

I feel like 911 prices are still overly inflated due to price increases, and I have an opportunity to get into a Mclaren on the cheap.

Ideally I would like another 911, but the prices are pretty outrageous. A similar 992 Targa GTS would be like 80k more than the value of my 991.2, and I doubt it would make me feel any different.

Keep the 911 unless you plan on having the Mclaren for a short amount of time. Build quality is terrible and you don’t wanna be the one holding the bag when it comes to repairs..

IMG_5967.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom