\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I actually got offered a NEW 2022 SL63 with 50k off MSRP. 10k off extra for owning a 911 which I found interesting.

That's actually why I was trying to sell my Model Y earlier in this thread, but i'd be stuck with literally 3 2-Door cars.

But the deal is hard as hell to beat. It came out to like 1500/mo for 7500 miles a year. It was everything you could ask for, chalk color exterior on red.

I backed out though, and honestly the dealer still has the car, as do many others stuck with 2022 SL63's with 2024 models on the horizon. It was a 193k msrp car I was getting for 152k.

That being said, I love the new AMG GT, but if it's priced like the SL then a Roma is a better option, unless of course you can get 50k off.

That was that Conquest additional discount they were giving if you owned a Porsche, AMG or SL i bet. That was a steal and it might happen for these new AMG GT's if they sit like the SL's but i dont know. They are saying it'll be priced similarly to it.

I agree if the new AMG is priced like the SL then the Roma would be the better option. We'll see how it goes.

After owning it for two months so far, I’d say that’s been the only complaint aside from bluetooth pairing being slow at times. CarPlay hooks up smooth though. Aside from that, phenomenal truck. Would take over a Range any day unless you truly need the space.
the g wagon is fire but the backseats are wayyyy tooo smalll

E38AAADD-13BC-4A2E-9792-B496207742C4.jpeg

Heres a 911 i took a pic of last summer

Those Explorers have more plastic than a boob job convention.

And your point? 🤷 Not denying that, but that's what the Big 3 did back then. Don't know what to tell you. All I said was I sold a bunch of these and everyone loved them for what they were & had no issues. You want luxury with leather avast in the inside, buy a high end import! 🤷 Not sure, but I feel like your trying to do a "gotcha" moment with me. Like I said, I'm NOT a Ford fanboy.

And your point? 🤷 Not denying that, but that's what the Big 3 did back then. Don't know what to tell you. All I said was I sold a bunch of these and everyone loved them for what they were & had no issues. You want luxury with leather avast in the inside, buy a high end import! 🤷 Not sure, but I feel like your trying to do a "gotcha" moment with me. Like I said, I'm NOT a Ford fanboy.

Lol its not that deep bro, I just said I woudnt pick any Explorer over any MDX and then you had your usual “I worked at Ford” yadda yadda spiel. We know bro lol, its alright to have a slight bias. I would too if I worked at said company for so long. And even if truly no bias, you said the MDX is boring, I replied well the Explorer isnt? Then I just stated atleast the MDX has a somewhat nice interior.

What exactly is this “gotcha” moment im trying to have?

Lol its not that deep bro, I just said I woudnt pick any Explorer over any MDX and then you had your usual “I worked at Ford” yadda yadda spiel. We know bro lol, its alright to have a slight bias. I would too if I worked at said company for so long. And even if truly no bias, you said the MDX is boring, I replied well the Explorer isnt? Then I just stated atleast the MDX has a somewhat nice interior.

What exactly is this “gotcha” moment im trying to have?

You seem to not appreciate any opinion I have, I dunno? Like I'm bull****ting about my history of the vehicle and waiting for me to come out as a pure Ford Fanboy. Maybe I'm misinterpreting it, but I'm not very bright.

And I don't have a bias! Nice try. You don't know me personally, so, but I bash Ford more then I praise them. Yeah, I have a Maverick on order only for the reasons of the deal and MPG. Oh and I don't feel like spending $40k, $50k, $60k on a vehicle that would be a stupid payment for someone on insurance paid disability. You would crap a brick if I told stories of the payments people had on some F150s and Expeditions. Gave me chills and I've tried talking some out of it being it was way too high (called OVERBUYING) but they insisted. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Don't want my opinions on a topic I'm more verse at than most? Then I'll just sit back and not add anything that I feel can be useful. The OP asked a simple question, and I answered it, based on my knowledge of being in the game for so long on a car I am versed in. You won't see me answering any questions on Teslas as I don't have one nor do I have the love for the brand! When someone asks a question, if it's something I can add info for, I'll do it. Tracking a car? Nope, I don't do that! Going offloading? Nope, don't do that either and I let others add their opinions and maybe I'll learn something.

And about the MDX being boring? If it wasn't, it would sell a lot more. Some people like Boeing. Look at how well Camrys sell. Boring as a refrigerator but it's a good car. Boring doesn't mean bad, just no panache. Like you said, it's not that serious. Just an opinion.

Oh, and I'm glad I don't sell Fords anymore. They don't sell cars, they sell trucks and I'm not a truck person. And all the stress almost killed me & did a number on my health, hence why I'm out! Plus the management at Dearborn is a joke. They haven't had a good direction since Mulally was in charge. Fields, Hackett, Farley, Ugh!! 😕

Last edited:
I will also say that I really appreciate the perspectives that 05fordgt 05fordgt and picasso swerve picasso swerve bring to this thread. I come in here part for education, part for advice and part to see cool cars and read about cars others own. This is what makes this thread so great. We all love cars but we also want to help each other make informed decisions. I personally don’t think you can go wrong with either an MDX or an Explorer but I understand the pros and cons of each

You seem to not appreciate any opinion I have, I dunno? Like I'm bull****ting about my history of the vehicle and waiting for me to come out as a pure Ford Fanboy. Maybe I'm misinterpreting it, but I'm not very bright.

And I don't have a bias! Nice try. You don't know me personally, so, but I bash Ford more then I praise them. Yeah, I have a Maverick on order only for the reasons of the deal and MPG. Oh and I don't feel like spending $40k, $50k, $60k on a vehicle that would be a stupid payment for someone on insurance paid disability. You would crap a brick if I told stories of the payments people had on some F150s and Expeditions. Gave me chills and I've tried talking some out of it being it was way too high (called OVERBUYING) but they insisted. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Don't want my opinions on a topic I'm more verse at than most? Then I'll just sit back and not add anything that I feel can be useful. The OP asked a simple question, and I answered it, based on my knowledge of being in the game for so long on a car I am versed in. You won't see me answering any questions on Teslas as I don't have one nor do I have the love for the brand! When someone asks a question, if it's something I can add info for, I'll do it. Tracking a car? Nope, I don't do that! Going offloading? Nope, don't do that either and I let others add their opinions and maybe I'll learn something.

And about the MDX being boring? If it wasn't, it would sell a lot more. Some people like Boeing. Look at how well Camrys sell. Boring as a refrigerator but it's a good car. Boring doesn't mean bad, just no panache. Like you said, it's not that serious. Just an opinion.

Oh, and I'm glad I don't sell Fords anymore. They don't sell cars, they sell trucks and I'm not a truck person. And all the stress almost killed me & did a number on my health, hence why I'm out! Plus the management at Dearborn is a joke. They haven't had a good direction since Mulally was in charge. Fields, Hackett, Farley, Ugh!! 😕

Bruh were going back on forth on our opinions, thats it. :lol: This is regular banter (if I could even call it that) with anyone else, you sometimes tend to take it so personal, I mean youre at it again with the life spiel lol.

But back to the cars, the point of you saying MDX is boring is that if you think the MDX is boring then what would make the Explorer? SUV’s in general are “boring” cars unless its a performance model.

explorer would be fun to drive, esp if you can make it look like a cop car…

i always get out the way when i see one on the highway

That idea worked EXTREMELY well for a former client of mine. He had an all black Taurus SHO and everytime he was on the highway and went into the left lane, cars in front of him would ALWAYS move to the right. He said it was an awesome benefit for owning an all black Taurus. 😂😂

New SL looks good, unfortunately it has the rag top

I haven't seen a single one on the road yet...

Soft top in 2023 aint it, especially at the price

I haven’t saw one too. Those ****s are sitting and they probably made too many and the price is too high. This is similar to what happened when BMW made too many M8s and 8 series and they were sitting with crazy good lease deals.

Maverick has a Mazda engine so you know it's reliable😎

People are starting to realize the blatant cost cutting the brand has become. It's not the Mercedes of the past. Interiors feel cheap. A C-class and SL basically have the same cheap infotainment layout. People who would normally buy the SL have gone up market to brands like Bentley.

Back
Top Bottom