Post Your Motorcycle

Got into an accident today. Drivers was turning left and just stopped in the middle of the road. I tried to swerve out the way but clipped his right rear. All i remember was impact and tumbling down the street, 20 yards maybe. Good thing i was geared up. Without it, i wouldnt be here. Minor scratches, bruises and that road rash, ****

Last edited:
Got into an accident today. Drivers was turning left and just stopped in the middle of the road. I tried to swerve out the way but clipped his right rear. All i remember was impact and tumbling down the street, 20 yards maybe. Good thing i was geared up. Without it, i wouldnt be here. Minor scratches, bruises and that road rash, ****

Glad you're safe bro. I had a similar spill a few years ago. Some drivers out there really need to get it together. :smh:

Glad u ight fambs.
It was a terrible Sunday out in daygo (SD) bike life. There were 5 crashes n 1 was a fatality this sunday alone. Smh. Be safe out there bros n remember to pick wisely when tryna push it.

RIP to all the riders that past n may they protect us from up above.
#BMYRLMYF

Bittersweet post, I rode for the first time Saturday. My dad let me learn on his V star classic (650cc) and I'm addicted to it. Was ripping it up for a few hours. Keep watching the video of me riding and it's all I think about. Need to get a bike this spring/summer.

Sorry to hear about the spill. Good to hear no serious injuries.

when yall say yall was geared up what does that include to yall?

helmet

jacket

gloves

armor 

?

I want to get a bike. I dont have a motorcycle license and dont really plan on getting one, but i know how to ride even though I only rode a few times very short distance

How fast does a 250 go?

Do riders use their ront brakes more then the rear ones?

and I dont trust craigslist to look for a bike, is this a good site to find a nike?>http://www.cycletrader.com

I dont want to spend much at first . I want to spend $1000 -$2500 or so to start me off now... I plan on riding as soon as i find the right one, when i get time to go look

Thanks

Last edited:
I want to get a bike. I dont have a motorcycle license and dont really plan on getting one, but i know how to ride even though I only rode a few times very short distance

How fast does a 250 go?
Do most riders use the front brakes more then the back?

I dont want to spend much at first . I want to spend $1000 -$2500 or so to start me off now... I plan on riding as soon as i find the right one, when i get time to go look

Thanks

ur post is all over the place.
are you tryna ride it on the street or not?
U can get a permit with just a written exam in most places.
1000 and 2500 are two completely different markets to purchase bikes.
2500 can get u a decent 600cc.
1000 can get u a trash street bike.

a 250cc can do a hunndo if its a street bike.

front brake 99% of the time. rear brake will cause u to lay down.

ur post is all over the place.
are you tryna ride it on the street or not?
U can get a permit with just a written exam in most places.
1000 and 2500 are two completely different markets to purchase bikes.
2500 can get u a decent 600cc.
1000 can get u a trash street bike.

a 250cc can do a hunndo if its a street bike.

front brake 99% of the time. rear brake will cause u to lay down.
cool thanks

yea Im going to ride it on the streets.

How much would I be looking at for a decent 250cc.. $1500?

Last edited:
Installed some red rim tape this weekend and took her out Sunday for a little while...495 was super hot, state troopers chasing bikes left and right so I just got off the nearest exit and went home...Need to cop that Go-Pro also.

cool thanks

yea Im going to ride it on the streets.

How much would I be looking at for a decent 250cc.. $1500?

a kawasaki ninja 250cc is good.
they hold their value 1000-4000 depending in what condition/year/miles.
This is prolly the most bought then quickly sold bike. so selling wont be too hard to do.
i would find a decent one for 2k so that you can flip once your ready to move on and get most of your money back.
fyi 250cc are fun af once you feel comfortable and confident on them. :smokin

This is prolly the most bought then quickly sold bike. so selling wont be too hard to do.
i would find a decent one for 2k so that you can flip once your ready to move on and get most of your money back.
fyi 250cc are fun af once you feel comfortable and confident on them. :smokin

Good advice. I'm not sure if I should go the 250-300cc route for first bike or just jump into 500-600cc. I would hate to get the lower cc bike and then turn around and try to sell it in 2-3 months and try to buy a bigger bike. Thoughts?

Good advice. I'm not sure if I should go the 250-300cc route for first bike or just jump into 500-600cc. I would hate to get the lower cc bike and then turn around and try to sell it in 2-3 months and try to buy a bigger bike. Thoughts?

people move at different paces but if you see yourself at a 600cc , then i would i would get a 600cc as long as you feel confident in respecting the power of the bike.

people move at different paces but if you see yourself at a 600cc , then i would i would get a 600cc as long as you feel confident in respecting the power of the bike.

I learned how to ride and still learning on my dads 650cc V-Star (need more hours on it). Although a heavier bike I felt that the engine was good for a starter bike and anything with lower cc wouldn't have enough power. Can't imagine what a 250-300cc would feel like. Maybe I taking one out for a test drive is the solution.

Another option is to do a light middleweight like a ninja 650 or SV 650.

The thing about 600cc bikes is that they're pretty much race bikes with lights to be street legal. These bikes are so responsive that one wrong twist of the wrist will give you a ****** up day. These bikes are very un forgiving for new riders.

I'm not saying you shouldn't get a 600cc ,do what you want.

Last edited:
Another option is to do a light middleweight like a ninja 650 or SV 650.

I'm actually looking to get a Yamaha FZ6R. Found some that are very reasonably priced. Also Honda CBR500R is a considerable option.

The thing about 600cc bikes is that they're pretty much race bikes with lights to be street legal. These bikes are so responsive that one wrong twist of the wrist will give you a ****** up day. These bikes are very un forgiving for new riders.

This is extremely helpful. I'd rather take your advice as an experienced rider than my rookie self. All I know right now is I need to keep riding and practicing before making the jump to my own bike. Appreciate your feedback.

Ain't nothing wrong with a fz6r man. A lot of these new riders that jumps on 600 and 1000cc bikes just wanna fit in I know because I started off on a 1000 myself. I still got my r1 and I love that bike still. A bigger engine doesn't mean much when you can't control it

I crashed my 2013 r6 yesrtday due to a careless driver, now I'm pretty shooked up so I'll probably just ride my dirt bike now hahaha

Last edited:
I started on an FZ6R. Those bikes are dope. Great for city riding, tons of torque, and a forgiving throttle. You can rotate the handlebars for either upright riding, or a slightly more aggressive stance. I rode that thing for a year straight, and got all my money back when I sold her. Solid starter bike if you don't want a 250. Love you Yolanda.

fyi 250cc are fun af once you feel comfortable and confident on them.
smokin.gif
Thanks that is what i will be getting

Exactly why I dont want one. I rode one and i didnt even hit the throttle at all and that thing was taking off at idle

Back
Top Bottom