Post Your Motorcycle

8|24 8|24 Yeah I'm staying clear of anything over 600 for a first bike. I need to master riding before I start jumping up. Thanks for all the advice. Hope I get a chance to ride with some of the NT fam.

Something I always hear from other people that ride is that "You can be the best rider in the world, but it only takes one driver to not see you or make a mistake" . I always wish the DMVs make Class C tests harder for people to pass, but thats a whole other thread. :lol:

mister doitnice mister doitnice Good to know and Yolanda looks beautiful. Thanks for dropping that info. I don't name my cars, but I will have to name my bike for sure.

8|24 8|24 Yeah I'm staying clear of anything over 600 for a first bike. I need to master riding before I start jumping up. Thanks for all the advice. Hope I get a chance to ride with some of the NT fam.

Something I always hear from other people that ride is that "You can be the best rider in the world, but it only takes one driver to not see you or make a mistake" . I always wish the DMVs make Class C tests harder for people to pass, but thats a whole other thread. :lol:

mister doitnice mister doitnice Good to know and Yolanda looks beautiful. Thanks for dropping that info. I don't name my cars, but I will have to name my bike for sure.
Hell yeh, the tests in europe are more vigorous. Once you pass the class here, you go to the dmv and take another mini test then you can jump on a pennigale 1199, hayabusa, or any of these superbikes. Crazy

Ask yourself, why do you wanna ride? To look cool or to enjoy the ride? I mean, youre on a bike, you already look cool. 9/10 times chicks dont even know what bike youre on they just know you ride a motorcycle

Last edited:
Too true. I see my homies on bobbers get looks of admiration from the biddies all the time. :lol:

A motorcycle will always be cool to onlookers. No matter what kind. Hell, most people don't know the difference between the various makes and models. What I'm trying to say is that you definitely don't want to base your bike selection on how cool you think you'll look. Pick a bike that you feel safe on, and one that you intend to master. A lot of people that go down do so because they started riding simply to impress others. A spill is never impressive; being able to master your bike and say you've never laid it down is. Good luck to all of you that are trying to get on two wheels; Be careful when you actually do.

Side bar: the Motorcycle thread is jumping again. The season is almost here and people are getting that itch. :nthat:

The thing about 600cc bikes is that they're pretty much race bikes with lights to be street legal. These bikes are so responsive that one wrong twist of the wrist will give you a ****** up day. These bikes are very un forgiving for new riders.

I'm not saying you shouldn't get a 600cc ,do what you want.

Exactly why I dont want one. I rode one and i didnt even hit the throttle at all and that thing was taking off at idle

supersports (600s) do tend to have twitchy throttles & aggressive/rapid power delivery but once you get used to your bike that feeling goes away, even for new riders, its just making a similar mistake on something like a 600 isn't as forgiving as a lesser displacement bike or something that is a bit smoother with how the power is delivert..

Hell yeh, the tests in europe are more vigorous. Once you pass the class here, you go to the dmv and take another mini test then you can jump on a pennigale 1199, hayabusa, or any of these superbikes. Crazy

Ask yourself, why do you wanna ride? To look cool or to enjoy the ride? I mean, youre on a bike, you already look cool. 9/10 times chicks dont even know what bike youre on they just know you ride a motorcycle

it is a bit wild that you can literally just get your license a hop on anything with 2 wheels...

Looking at building a cafe racer this year as a gift to myself for my 27th birthday.

what platform are you going to use as a base?

I started with a Rebel 450 and quickly outgrew it.

If you guys remember, i was too afraid to even ride down my own block when i first got the bike (2 months after passing MSF :lol:)

after a month, i was comfortable enough to take it on the highway...and after another 2 months, the 450 was already feeling slow and sluggish.

maybe it was an old bike, but it had a tough time keeping up with traffic and the vibrations were :x.

i was deadset on copping a harley a few months back..but after doing some more research and pricing..the honda shadows and yamaha vstars seems to be a better bang for the buck...but a harley..is well, a harley.

decisions..decisions...

zapatohead408 zapatohead408 good look on your posts a few pages back regarding the Street or Sportster. Had no idea you were only 21.

I was talking about making the Class C test for cars harder, not bikes. But I have to agree with you that it is dangerous for someone who just got their license to hop on 1000cc or more. :x

Definitely not riding to be cool. Its something about the motor between your legs, the open space and the speed that makes me want to ride. I can't really explain the feeling, but its amazing.

in my 15+ years of riding-its one of the best decisions I ever made. I barely ride the streets anymore.

it truly is a commitment-due to the cost and the amount of travelling you have to do, but its like crack to me-once I started, couldnt stop...

i used to tell myself that i would do some tracks days, some guys i work with go a couple times a year...but it can get pretty expensive and i talked myself out of it, maybe if i ever get my other bike project ridable, it will be easier to convince myself to do it...

a few pics of the ol' gal, might have posted them before:

photoshoot phresh part II by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

athleticism by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

spotlight by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

Track days are expensive af! When u include travel n errythang else. I've done 3 so far. Love it. But I'm on the streets too much not to just ride track only. I'm thinkin of maybe getting a cruiser.... One day....lol

Dope flicks of all the bikes Brahs

Last edited:
Selling a portion of my shoes this weekend to consignment store and using the money to buy a bike. Do you guys recommend buying a used bike fully paid or financing a percentage of it?

Selling a portion of my shoes this weekend to consignment store and using the money to buy a bike. Do you guys recommend buying a used bike fully paid or financing a percentage of it?
Fully paid

Last edited:
I think this will be my next bike after insurance pay me

Im a yamaha fanboy hahah, never had problems with yamaha so ill stick to em

Im only gonna use the r1 for track now

Last edited:
Fully paid

Thanks. For some reason I thought that financing some or all of a bike may be beneficial in the case of a wreck.

Thats a sick looking bike, doesn't even look like a Yamaha. My dream bike is the Monster 821.

Back
Top Bottom